What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup ‘23

Vic Mackey

Referee
I know it’s early days & may come to nothing but this yrs Balmain sg ball halfback Alex Conti looks a good one.He ticks the boxes is very ambitious & has a strong work ethic.Only downside is I heard from my very reliable source in balmain juniors that Anasta has him on his books so expect him to b in the rorters system soon.

Yeah i believe Sheens sees our longterm halves as:

6. Ontoni Large (Wests HM)
7. Alex Conti (Balmain HM)

Thats a shame if hes managed by Anasta, he does also play union who will no doubt be trying to get him too

Tigerm

First Grade

Team List:

1. Daine Laurie
2. Liam Scolari
3. Semisi Kioa
4. Triston Reilly
5. Livai Saukuru
6. Tony Pellow
7. Will Smith
8. Aitasi James
9. Rua Ngatikaura ©
10. Tuki Simpkins
11. Shawn Blore
12. Jack Boyling
13. Justin Matamua

Tiger Ted

Bench
Yeah i believe Sheens sees our longterm halves as:

6. Ontoni Large (Wests HM)
7. Alex Conti (Balmain HM)

Thats a shame if hes managed by Anasta, he does also play union who will no doubt be trying to get him too
Yep he goes to st pats Strathfield which is a union school.However my Balmain contact told me he is entirely dedicated & is leaving no stone unturned towards a career in league.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Yep he goes to st pats Strathfield which is a union school.However my Balmain contact told me he is entirely dedicated & is leaving no stone unturned towards a career in league.

thats great news, he was included at the main 7 in freddys jnr blues camp at the start of the year

Perth Tiger

Bench
I guess that means Blore probably takes Joffa’s spot. I thought Matamua would have been elevated to the bench as he seems to be the only true modern ball playing lock in our squad.

oh well will be Blore’s best chance to grab a regular first grade spot

Tigerm

First Grade
I guess that means Blore probably takes Joffa’s spot. I thought Matamua would have been elevated to the bench as he seems to be the only true modern ball playing lock in our squad.

oh well will be Blore’s best chance to grab a regular first grade spot
I think they will both get a chance at some stage

Vic Mackey

Referee
without having seen any of the games, which handful have been worth keeping?

Blore, Matamua (even though both been below average last 2 weeks)
Reilly does some good things in attack

Everyone else horrible. Asitasi James gets some wraps but I think hes ordinary
Will Smith and Daine Laurie been amongst the worst which is dissapointing as they should be carving up this grade

Tigerm

First Grade
Blore, Matamua (even though both been below average last 2 weeks)
Reilly does some good things in attack

Everyone else horrible. Asitasi James gets some wraps but I think hes ordinary
Will Smith and Daine Laurie been amongst the worst which is dissapointing as they should be carving up this grade
Sounds like Laurie may have lost interest?

Vic Mackey

Referee

so after getting spanked by 2 of the worst teams in the magpies come out and beat one of the best 🤷‍♂️

no idea how the game went but the backline finally had players playing in their rightful positions. Glad to see Camroux move up from Flegg. I doubt he’ll make it but you may aswell throw him amongst this level and see how he goes

gordsy

Juniors
so after getting spanked by 2 of the worst teams in the magpies come out and beat one of the best 🤷‍♂️

no idea how the game went but the backline finally had players playing in their rightful positions. Glad to see Camroux move up from Flegg. I doubt he’ll make it but you may aswell throw him amongst this level and see how he goes
I thought Camroux was supposed to be the next great thing

Tiger Ted

Bench
I thought Camroux was supposed to be the next great thing
Always been over-rated.The Balmain juniors are a farce.Camroux has received a leg up coz of his old man being an ex Balmain player & sironen who runs the show in Balmain juniors is clueless & favours kids who have the right connections as opposed to merit & talent.As a long term Balmain fan with close family involved in Balmain juniors it is reprehensible of Siro & his cronies re the ignorant biased way the juniors are run.