What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup ‘23

Vic Mackey

Referee
Wakeham and Smith are a very good NSW Cup halves pairing. Bula and Tupou will hopefully see plenty of first grade this year. Rumours are Kautoga is going Dogs next year which would be a loss.

Where is Bateman?
Have been told that the club wants Bateman to beef up, concerned that he is not big enough.

I asked the guy who mentioned it, how big do they want him as Victor Radley and Cameron Murray do not appear to be that big. I wonder if Sheens wants a bash and barge big bopper rather than a fleet footed nimble type back rower?

Tiger Ted

Bench
Have been told that the club wants Bateman to beef up, concerned that he is not big enough.

I asked the guy who mentioned it, how big do they want him as Victor Radley and Cameron Murray do not appear to be that big. I wonder if Sheens wants a bash and barge big bopper rather than a fleet footed nimble type back rower?
So we discarded the only player who displayed any intelligence on the field in ‘22 & who played with passion like no other to please & lure a pom who hadn’t set the world on fire in the amateur super league & who doesn’t meet a no. of Kpi’s required for selection.Only the knuckleheads at concord would make such diabolical recruitment/retention decisions.

So we discarded the only player who displayed any intelligence on the field in ‘22 & who played with passion like no other to please & lure a pom who hadn’t set the world on fire in the amateur super league & who doesn’t meet a no. of Kpi’s required for selection.Only the knuckleheads at concord would make such diabolical recruitment/retention decisions.
100%
Great that we now have a 9 in Api, who is a standout, great that we have a new and experienced prop in Klemmer, an outstanding backrower in Papali'i and even Bateman but I'd much rather the 1 thing that is missing. A 7 who can lead those forwards and the entire team around the park, a tough as teak 7, a 7 with brains (forget his other issues). WOuld have been much happier with a Brooks / Klemmer swap and forgo Bateman.

stryker

First Grade

Are you shitting me?
This has got to be a joke…

Are you shitting me?
This has got to be a joke…
I do believe you are correct, in that it has to be a joke.

Ever notice how many people 'out there' know someone who is associated with a club, is best mates with a player or is even related to a player some how?

As I said, I asked the guy how big do they want him and he replied bigger than he is now.

The guy talks about the Tigers (at the pub) as though he is at every training session, in the sheds after every game and is related to the every player. He's good for a laugh but he does say many things that turn out to be true. Perhaps he just reads the rumours here.

Wakeham and Smith are a very good NSW Cup halves pairing. Bula and Tupou will hopefully see plenty of first grade this year. Rumours are Kautoga is going Dogs next year which would be a loss.
Apparently the rumour is true re Kautoga, Vic.

The Wests Tigers are privately fuming over losing one of their brightest young stars to the Bulldogs.
Kitione Kautoga, who made his one and only NRL appearance for the Tigers against the Dragons in round 24 last year, is on his way to Belmore.
The Fijian forward, who scored three tries in NSW Cup in the opening round, was brought to the Tigers by former general manager Adam Hartigan. Hartigan is now at the Bulldogs working with Phil Gould.
The pair organised for Kautoga to meet with coach Cameron Ciraldo and his idol Viliame Kikau. It was enough to get him over the line.

The Tigers requested a $160,000 transfer fee from the Bulldogs to release him this year, but that doesn’t look like happening.

Vic Mackey

Referee

The Wests Tigers are privately fuming over losing one of their brightest young stars to the Bulldogs.
Kitione Kautoga, who made his one and only NRL appearance for the Tigers against the Dragons in round 24 last year, is on his way to Belmore.
The Fijian forward, who scored three tries in NSW Cup in the opening round, was brought to the Tigers by former general manager Adam Hartigan. Hartigan is now at the Bulldogs working with Phil Gould.
The pair organised for Kautoga to meet with coach Cameron Ciraldo and his idol Viliame Kikau. It was enough to get him over the line.

The Tigers requested a $160,000 transfer fee from the Bulldogs to release him this year, but that doesn’t look like happening.

that is horrendous

Fordy20

Juniors
When it comes to picking the eyes out of our club, the bloke who supposedly wouldn't pick up the phone is off to a good start.

big hit!

Bench

Perhaps signing Bateman and Papali'i to long-term contracts is also a spur to leave?

There's a spot available at the dogs with Preston currently in that jersey, and it's only just a trip down The Boulevarde from concord.