What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup 2008 season

Nfed

Juniors
RLR says that it will probably be an 11 team comp with Auckland having money problems.

Craig Wilson is coach of Cronulla Cobras.

eelavation said:
thanks heaps Cumberland..

I might introduce a "sticky" thread for the Wenty Magpies on the parra forum and use this press release as an introduction post.

No worries - pity our own website didn't see fit to publish a press release.

Looking forward to the trials on 24 February at Ringrose - will be good to get back there.

Nfed

Juniors
baddog said:
heard saints might yet be in in some form or other so it could still be 12

Talking to Illawarra Wests but may have run out of time. I thought that Wests were one of the Illawarra clubs that rejected Saints advances months ago.

Nfed

Juniors
Windsor announced in October that Wolves junior Adam Schubert was returing from the Roosters to play with the Windsor State Cup team but he has since signed a contract with Mackay in the Qld Cup.

girvie

Staff member
Norths have retained Ryan Verlinden, Dave Wynyard, Valu Nasio, Greg Nichols, Bladen Baird, Isaac Gordon and Arnold Mano from 2007.

girvie

Staff member
Cronulla have picked up Sam Moa from Balmain and James Storer from Parramatta.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Parramatta/Wentwrothville have signed Paul Ivan, James Boustani and Luke Fay.

can anyone shead any light on Fay??

Nfed

Juniors
eelavation said:
Parramatta/Wentwrothville have signed Paul Ivan, James Boustani and Luke Fay.

can anyone shead any light on Fay??

Luke Fahy is a Wenty junior, who played lock for Balmain Flegg in 2005 and 2006. He may have played a few games in P/L but was running around with Leichhardt Wanderers until he returned to Wenty in the latter part of last season to play A Grade and a few games in JBC as bench hooker.

Surely Ivan, Boustani and Fahy will be in the JBC squad, the P/L team will be mainly guys from Parra's full time squad. Boustani played a few games in JBC as an 18 and then 19 year old.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Nfed said:
Luke Fahy is a Wenty junior, who played lock for Balmain Flegg in 2005 and 2006. He may have played a few games in P/L but was running around with Leichhardt Wanderers until he returned to Wenty in the latter part of last season to play A Grade and a few games in JBC as bench hooker.

Surely Ivan, Boustani and Fahy will be in the JBC squad, the P/L team will be mainly guys from Parra's full time squad. Boustani played a few games in JBC as an 18 and then 19 year old.

Paul Ivan is a Parramatta contracted player and is the part time squad, therefore he'll be playing in the NSW cup, the other 2 are definite JB cup players.

thanks for the info on Fahy.

Nfed

Juniors
eelavation said:
Paul Ivan is a Parramatta contracted player and is the part time squad, therefore he'll be playing in the NSW cup, the other 2 are definite JB cup players.

thanks for the info on Fahy.

Thats an interesting point you raise. Even though the team is named Wentworthville, Parramatta will insist that anyone it contracts will be selected in the State Cup team even if Wenty has contracted better players. Obviously someone at Parra sees great potential in Ivan but I think he would have played A Grade last year if he had been attached to Wenty rather than Seven Hills. Simon Micallef, one of Wenty's JBC wingers, appears to me to be a much better prospect.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Nfed said:
Thats an interesting point you raise. Even though the team is named Wentworthville, Parramatta will insist that anyone it contracts will be selected in the State Cup team even if Wenty has contracted better players. Obviously someone at Parra sees great potential in Ivan but I think he would have played A Grade last year if he had been attached to Wenty rather than Seven Hills. Simon Micallef, one of Wenty's JBC wingers, appears to me to be a much better prospect.

I was actually told yesterday that Parra will provide up to 10 or 11 PT players in the squad and Wenty will provide a further 7, who that 7 are, are a bit of a mystery to me and I'd like to know, however I believe that one of those 7 is infact James Boustani.

Wenty will also field the surpluss players from the fulltime squad as well as the surpless provided from the nYC squad, so there definitely wouldn't be short of any talant however I emailed someone at Wenty asking them if they can provide a list of Wentworthville contracted players and didn't get a reply.

I'm not dure whether you be of any help there Nfed as you seem to have your finger on the pulse with alot of things NSWRL.

Nfed

Juniors
eelavation said:
I was actually told yesterday that Parra will provide up to 10 or 11 PT players in the squad and Wenty will provide a further 7, who that 7 are, are a bit of a mystery to me and I'd like to know, however I believe that one of those 7 is infact James Boustani.

Wenty will also field the surpluss players from the fulltime squad as well as the surpless provided from the nYC squad, so there definitely wouldn't be short of any talant however I emailed someone at Wenty asking them if they can provide a list of Wentworthville contracted players and didn't get a reply.

I'm not dure whether you be of any help there Nfed as you seem to have your finger on the pulse with alot of things NSWRL.

I dont have any contacts at Wenty anymore but I would think that Parra would have about 28 in the full time squad, so if there are another 11 P/T players that makes 39, so you would need 5 players to be injured/suspended before even 1 Wenty player was selected in the State Cup team if all P/T players are to be selected ahead all Wenty players.

Have you tried Wenty Secretary, Allan McGowan. The website lists his number as (0419) 266591.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Nfed said:
I dont have any contacts at Wenty anymore but I would think that Parra would have about 28 in the full time squad, so if there are another 11 P/T players that makes 39, so you would need 5 players to be injured/suspended before even 1 Wenty player was selected in the State Cup team if all P/T players are to be selected ahead all Wenty players.

Have you tried Wenty Secretary, Allan McGowan. The website lists his number as (0419) 266591.

thanks for the info, I may get in touch with him..

girvie

Staff member
The Knights have signed up second rower Lui Toimoana from Auckland, it was previously thought that he was going to Manly.

The Knights have also signed Tanu Wulf from Souths Logan.

Kurt200

Juniors
Not sure if its been mentioned yet but the central coast hav signed afew more blokes for nxt year.
Alex Moore, Jamen McLeod, Courtney Rolfe- Entrance
Jade Williams - Penrith
Ryan Gregory- Macquarie S.
Reagan Tanner - Newcastle

BIKER_DRAGON

Juniors
There should be an Illawarra Steelers team in Premier League as a feeder club to the St George Illawarra Dragons.

Latest posts