What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup 2009 season

Wenty won 24 - 18.

Wasn't it 26-18 after Wenty kicked the penalty right on full time?

Thought the Bears were very unlucky with the penalty count, but at the end of the day... The ref wasn't the one dropping off the tackles...?

Still, they've won more games than Newtown ha ha!

yappy

Bench
What's the go HPH? I know the bags have lost a lot of good players, but is there more to it? Even the Newtown forum here has nothing doing. The NSW Cup needs a strong Newtown. I won't enjoy beating you guys half as much if everyone else has already been there done that.

What's the go HPH? I know the bags have lost a lot of good players, but is there more to it? Even the Newtown forum here has nothing doing. The NSW Cup needs a strong Newtown. I won't enjoy beating you guys half as much if everyone else has already been there done that.

Mate, I dunno what's gone wrong this year... I know we've lost a couple of players from last year but they've been replaced and we're also not getting any NRL expirienced players from the Chooks [except Willie and Nate], so our depth is shocking.

Plus the natural cycle of being good for a few years and then being crap for a few years seems to be hitting us....

IN the games that I've seen we seem to be compeditive for 60 odd mins but then just drop off.

I think the NSW Cup needs a strong Newtown but also a strong Norths, Maggies, Balmain, teams that people can identify with. I mean apart from us NSWCup diehards who has ever heard of the Bankstown City Bulls?

As for the Jets forum... It's been hijacked by some knobs with agenda against the club, so it's not worth posting on there! Let alone reading it...

They did alright against CC, but jeez ended poorly. I don't know what to think since last years great run. Hoping it begins to return.

girvie

Staff member
I heard Newtown beat Auckland with a try in the 78th minute to take the lead.

yappy

Bench
Thanks Roland. That should see Wests leading Wenty by just 2 points on +/- (+40 to +38) as the only two undefeated sides in the comp. Storm are back on 7 in third.

yappy

Bench
Thank you Sharkies!

But we will beat you next week.

The Mighty Magpies now clear at the top of the NSW Cup table after a hard fought win over a very strong Storm side. Shannon Gallant pulled off the tackle of the season to prevent a Storm try under the sticks with about 8 minutes to go with the Magpies up 26-22. Instead of the Storm scoring and most likely going on to win, Wests scored down the other end from the next set and take the two points.

Bankstown Bulls 42 - 26 Auckland Vulcans

Newtown Jets 12 - 48 Shellharbour Dragons

Wentworthville Magpies 20 - 32 Cronulla Sharks

Western Suburbs Magpies 34 - 22 Central Coast Storm

Windsor Wolves 36 - 26 North Sydney Bears
http://javascript<b></b>:openpopup(match.php?id=13034)

Last edited:

yappy

Bench
Oh we'll probably go to sleep at some stage - we just can't seem to shake that 'let's let em back in and make it interesting' thing we've got going. But we do have the character to find a way to win.

I like the look of the Sharks side and Alex is a good coach so I'm not at all surprised to see you guys starting to puts the wins on the board.

Thank you Sharkies!

But we will beat you next week.

The Mighty Magpies now clear at the top of the NSW Cup table after a hard fought win over a very strong Storm side. Shannon Gallant pulled off the tackle of the season to prevent a Storm try under the sticks with about 8 minutes to go with the Magpies up 26-22. Instead of the Storm scoring and most likely going on to win, Wests scored down the other end from the next set and take the two points.

Bankstown Bulls 42 - 26 Auckland Vulcans​

Newtown Jets 12 - 48 Shellharbour Dragons​

Wentworthville Magpies 20 - 32 Cronulla Sharks​

Western Suburbs Magpies 34 - 22 Central Coast Storm​

Windsor Wolves 36 - 26 North Sydney Bears​

Fabulous tackle, unbelievable. A 360 to chase the guy, then belt him into the post with the hit and hold him up.

yappy

Bench
Looks like we get to re-live the tackle on leaguetv.com.au in the next day or two. Gonna be looping that one for a while.

girvie

Staff member
Other results:
Balmain over Newtown 32-12
Central Coast over Windsor 30-20
Cronulla over Wests 40-16 - wow
Bankstown over Shellharbour 20-12

yappy

Bench
Other results:
Balmain over Newtown 32-12
Central Coast over Windsor 30-20
Cronulla over Wests 40-16 - wow
Bankstown over Shellharbour 20-12

Wasn't at the game, but apparently we got smashed by the flu. Take nothing from the Sharks though. I think they're a real danger in this comp.

Latest posts