What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup 2009 season

yappy

Bench
Was told at the game Balmain got up over Auckland 21-20 I think.

Bring on Birchgrove Oval next Saturday. Not to be missed. Magpies v Tigers in 3 grades.
HM - 12:00
SGB - 1:30
NSWC - 3:00

yappy

Bench
Lots of strong squads, I wouldn't like to guess who's going to come out and assert themselves in this comp.

Cronulla are going to go well. Verlinden, Afamasaga, and Vea were a real handful for us. It was a scrappy game from the Magpies with far too many handling errors, but we were able to hang on and get the two points.

girvie

Staff member
Lots of strong squads, I wouldn't like to guess who's going to come out and assert themselves in this comp.

Cronulla are going to go well. Verlinden, Afamasaga, and Vea were a real handful for us. It was a scrappy game from the Magpies with far too many handling errors, but we were able to hang on and get the two points.
How did John Skandalis go?

I think he will be a fantastic addition to Wests and the NSW Cup.

yappy

Bench
How did John Skandalis go?

I think he will be a fantastic addition to Wests and the NSW Cup.

Skando got Leo's three points, and played big minutes. Leo only ended up using three off the bench and John did plenty of work. He will really help keep the boys heads on when things are tough. Galea also did a mountain of work in defence especially.

yappy

Bench
nswrl.com.au is reporting a 42-10 shellacking of the Jets by Shelly. Good start for them, but they are another side with an awesome looking list. Hopefully the Bluebaggers just had a bad day, but I hope they have a few more like it when we play them. We owe them more than one thrashing after all.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'll go out on a limb and say that the 2 grand finalist for this year played at the crest last night?? :cool:

girvie

Staff member
I'll go out on a limb and say that the 2 grand finalist for this year played at the crest last night?? :cool:

Was it a good quality match?

It looks like it will be quite a close comp this year. It'll be interesting to see the competition table in a month.

Does anyone know the finals format for this year?

MacDougall

First Grade
Did Daine Laurie end up running on for the Magpies? Cuz if so I'm changing my pick to the Raiders for the NRL match. Corey Payne is a mug.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Was it a good quality match?

It looks like it will be quite a close comp this year. It'll be interesting to see the competition table in a month.

Does anyone know the finals format for this year?

I actually heard second hand that ot was pretty scrappy despite the quality of players in both teams.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'd like to think we might have something to say about that.

maybe so..but we had 4 players of firstgrade quality that didn't turn out in any grade on the weekend and were not even injured, they were Oaky, Brod Wright, Todd Lowrie and Taulima Tautai and 3 were injured Callen richardson, Junior paulo and Justin Horo..

fair to say that Wenty's depth this year is as good as it's ever been. ;-)

girvie

Staff member
NSW Cup
North Sydney v Cronulla
Forshaw Oval, Sylvania
Sat 21 March
1.15pm

1. Samu Wara
2. Chris McQueen
3. Deon Apps
4. Bladen Baird
5. Reece Robinson