What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Cup 2022

Fordy20

Juniors
Heaps of players don't make it to first grade. Very few players become marquee players. It's hard to identify and retain those players.

Look at Papenhuyzen. We let him go. Melbourne tried to punt him. He is a marquee player.

Still we need to do better.
Everyone who saw Papenhuyzen coming through knew he was going to be a star. I can understand him leaving to go to Melbourne in the first place being blocked by Tedesco, but I still can’t get my head around the fact that Melbourne offered him back and we didn’t take him. To me, this has the feel of us missing out on getting Josh Addo-Carr back, in that Melbourne was just screwing with us, demanding someone like Nofoaluma in return.

Apart from the board detonating the club by hiring Jason Taylor, the only player that comes to mind at the moment that we failed to identify and keep is Tuilagi.

The problem, no issue for me, is a club can't keep them all.

A 1st grade coach is responsible for the NRL squad, the office is responsible for the whole setup and someone couldn't see Paps as star material. Too small in size perhaps, well he's still not big, but so what, plenty of small skinny kids do make it. They back themselves and that might be as simple asking for a release and a club not standing in their way.

Will the Tigers regret not keeping Lachlan Ilias
Did Manly let Nicko Hynes go because they had Turbo and DCE tied up?

It happens, it has happened before and will happy in the future.

Tigerm

First Grade
The problem, no issue for me, is a club can't keep them all.

A 1st grade coach is responsible for the NRL squad, the office is responsible for the whole setup and someone couldn't see Paps as star material. Too small in size perhaps, well he's still not big, but so what, plenty of small skinny kids do make it. They back themselves and that might be as simple asking for a release and a club not standing in their way.

Will the Tigers regret not keeping Lachlan Ilias
Did Manly let Nicko Hynes go because they had Turbo and DCE tied up?

It happens, it has happened before and will happy in the future.
Agree, some here are carrying on as if we are the only club that makes retention mistakes, guys make calls at the time (players and clubs), I'm sure some would like to reverse decisions that they made, but shit happens?

Vic Mackey

Referee
That Saukuru goes alright, I didn’t think a lot of him at JF but he’s deceptively quick. Problem is a lot of our young backs are that short stocky shape which is hard to get away with in the modern game, we need some taller ones.

macnaz

Staff member
Lol.. yeah i fell asleep Vic ..
Wests 20 -24
Any thoughts on Brown ?

glockers

Juniors
My Titans supporting mate is raving at me about Saukuru. Seems like maybe an option for a centre spot?

What's his contract situation?

macnaz

Staff member
Looks strong but a bit to bulky to be a great defensive centre. Possible edge forward would more suitable..

Vic Mackey

Referee
My Titans supporting mate is raving at me about Saukuru. Seems like maybe an option for a centre spot?

What's his contract situation?

I think hes only 19

Dont know, one of those raw guys with ability but also mistakes. He doesnt really scream firts grader to me but happy to watch

Vic Mackey

Referee
Lol.. yeah i fell asleep Vic ..
Wests 20 -24
Any thoughts on Brown ?

Was good. Played 13 but was bobbing up everywhere. He's always had talent, career been hampered by injuries , was surprised to see he is only 27 as it feels like hes been around forver

Madden, Liddle, Brown and Pole were the best by a mile, wouldnt feed the rest

macnaz

Staff member
I thought Brown looked more then capable of filling Garners current role to be honest. He has a bit more edge