What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW cup watch

So we are still relevant in the nsw cup and won our week 1 finals game.

This week we play the panthers. A few of our first graders were still eligible to play.

1. Jake Mamo
2. Honeti Tuha
3. Pat Mata’utia
4. Chanel Mata’utia
5. Kerrod Holland
6. Carlos Tuimavave
7. Jaelen Feeney
8. Damian Sironen
9. Danny Levi
10. Sam Mataora
11. Lachlan Fitzgibbon
12. Jacob Saifiti
13. Clint Newton

Interchange:
14. George Ndaira
15. Brett Jarrett
16. Michael Steele
17. Ben Tupou
18. Marvin Filipo
27. Tama Koopu.

PhilGould

Bench
That's a pretty good starting 13 for reserve grade. Where's Tapine though? Did he pick up an injury?

I'm pretty confident we can go all the way this year. I think it'll come down to us, Penrith or Wyong.

harrywilliams

Juniors
We got dusted up by Manly the week before finals and played them in round 1 finals last weekend and destroyed them. Ross and Tapine have injuries but Holland was a star last game at fullback and Tuha has been killing it all year. Saifiti is going to be big for us, he's only 19 and only his second game of NSW Cup but he's scored tries in both games, sets up tries and runs a million metres. Feeney has been outstanding, he's really looking the goods for next year and Levi was the best on the field last weekend by far. Hopefully we can get through this week and get Tapine, Ross back and get through to the grand final. Last year's grand final rematch with us and Penrith this Sunday.

aqua_duck

Coach
Saifiti is a beast (his twin brother is pretty good too), to be killing it in NSW cup when you consider he was a benchy in Ron Massey cup this time last year shows his development

harrywilliams

Juniors
Can only imagine how much better he's going to get with a full off-season in the top squad, he's already started for Fiji too with his brother. They're huge guys but you can just tell they have the maturity, work ethic, power to not get overwhelmed stepping up in grade. Jacob looks to have just as much potential as Tapine if not more.

aqua_duck

Coach
Can only imagine how much better he's going to get with a full off-season in the top squad, he's already started for Fiji too with his brother. They're huge guys but you can just tell they have the maturity, work ethic, power to not get overwhelmed stepping up in grade. Jacob looks to have just as much potential as Tapine if not more.

I agree, different type of player though. I think Jacob Saifiti can become a Frank Pritchard type edge forward.

harrywilliams

Juniors
Yeah they're different builds so Saifiti has more force and power but Tapine is extremely strong, he has a habit of carrying players on his back and twisting, forcing his way out of tackles better than anyone I can think of which leads to plenty of tries/line breaks whereas Saifiti busts straight through or scatters defenders for a quick ptb. There's alot of similarities in their game. They both get through a hell of a lot of work and capable of piling on HUGE metres and scoring/setting up plenty of tries. Saifiti has good footwork for a big guy, he breaks the line and sets up tries and is just as capable of scoring his own, I love watching he and his brother taking turns spreading defenders one after the other. You can tell they really put their heads down and work hard, they're different to most of the guys their age at that size, they work hard and play really smart footy. I'm looking forward to these young forwards really stepping up and making a name for themselves, they really can turn our pack around especially if guys like Korbin and Stockwell continue their impressive rise.

PhilGould

Bench
Despite some key players pulling out at the last minute (Feeney, both Mata'utia's), we're completely dominating Penrith. Currently 30-6 with 25 to go. Mamo's scored 2 and just set up a great try for Kerrod Holland.

PhilGould

Bench
Knights win 44-12. Mamo picked up a hat-trick. We play the Mounties next week in the grand final qualifier.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Who's coaching our reserves? They'd deserve a bit of credit even though our team looks strong to me.

I'm switching between the jets vs hunters and the Knights game.

Two totally different games.

Every time I have seen feeny play he has jagged a heap of try's. He has to be the number 1 back up half.

Latest posts