What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW cup watch

Noname36

First Grade
Wow I just saw the king hit on Mamo for the first time. What an absolute dog act. If that were the NRL the guy would be rightfully rubbed out for half a season or more.

A disgraceful act and really disappointing that the Walkers are defending their player by downplaying the severity. I do not like the Walkers. They are a real arrogant and delusional mob.

Last edited:
A disgraceful act and really disappointing that the Walkers are defending their player by downplaying the severity. I do not like the Walkers. They are a real arrogant and delusional mob.

Shane walker is probably one of the nicest blokes you could ever meet. When my triplets were born we spent a few weeks in special care along side Shane walkers new baby. So I basically saw Shane every day for a few weeks. Shane offered myself and my mrs to use his house in the city whenever we wanted to sleep, park our car or just get a break. We didn't take up the offer, but for a guy to do that for a stranger says a lot.

I think as qld cup level coaches they have now earnt a right to have a bit of arrogance about themselves.

Shane walker is probably one of the nicest blokes you could ever meet. When my triplets were born we spent a few weeks in special care along side Shane walkers new baby. So I basically saw Shane every day for a few weeks. Shane offered myself and my mrs to use his house in the city whenever we wanted to sleep, park our car or just get a break. We didn't take up the offer, but for a guy to do that for a stranger says a lot.

I think as qld cup level coaches they have now earnt a right to have a bit of arrogance about themselves.

Fair enough. They still need to conduct themselves properly on a serious issue though. My opinion remains unchanged and you cannot pick and choose when you do the right thing morally. Consistency. Chris is probably the reason I tarred them with the same brush and his comments this week about Mamo head butting a fist don't help. It was a dog shot. I wish they would agree as such.

Last edited:

aqua_duck

Coach
I wonder how Chris the coward would feel if someone he knew got coward punched on the streets, bet the scumbag wouldn't be joking about it then

Still Nutty

Juniors
After reading the article in the Herald posted by Rod about Gidleys protest re the ridiculously lenient sentence for the Mamo coward punch, I also picked this up in the 'comments'...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2K_BWqDL70

Although some references I've seen seem to indicate the decision was left for the QRL to determine the grading, the article clearly reflects it was the NRL match review committee that established the grading.

If the NRL want to assess what is shrinking the pool of junior talent, they might want to start reviewing how decisions like this influence parents considerations on what little Johnny might do on a Saturday.

For such a dog act from somebody who knew exactly what he was doing (i.e. intent) and is clearly trained to know how to punch - what society standards does the NRL think it has displayed by effectively condoning this on its biggest day?!

I have a lot of time for the stand Danny Green has publicly taken to condemn the coward punch and I'm glad that he hasn't let the NRL slip under the radar for this decision either.