What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Game 2 team

caylo

Bench
Buhrer looked like a gumby out there, he is not a hooker. I pretty sure Farah can play 80min so if they want a utility then pick someone like Dugan (or another back who is versatile). Watmough and Mannah for Merrin and Creigh, pretty simple that is the best team they can pick.

Dragon2010

First Grade
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Glenn Stewart
12. Luke Lewis
13. Greg Bird

14. Trent Merrin
15. Anthony Watmough
16. Aaron Woods
17. Tony Williams

This side. Tamou had a great debut.

I'd be playing Williams for more minutes though.

gronkathon

First Grade
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Glenn Stewart
12. Luke Lewis
13. Greg Bird

14. Trent Merrin
15. Anthony Watmough
16. Aaron Woods
17. Tony Williams

This is exactly the team I would pick.

Might swap Chocmong and Lewis around but thats a maybe.

Williams should be better with more match fitness under his belt

Carney deserves the chance to settle like Campese was never given

I thought Merrin was an excellent foil to use and if we can have another big guy with footwork like Woods rotating instead of Creagh I think we can get a roll going.

Really happy for Robbie as well. He looked like he belonged there

Soward for Carney.. He seriously can't kick. Every one of those kicks went straight into the hands of Boyd/Slater. Can't convert. Really needed some precision kicking this game.

Bahrer out? Seriously? I noticed that when he came on the field things tended to get a little more organised. Seemed to flow.

yeh i mean throwing a pass at jennings feet is more organised :crazy:

f**king hell... yep, let's drop yet another half after a poor debut. It's worked well for us in the past.

I'd bring TLL in for Creagh, and Watmough for Buhrer. We need another prop, and we don't need a bloody bench hooker/utility.

I'd make exactly the same changes.

TLL and Watmough for Creagh and Buhrer please

Dragon2010

First Grade
Cue some Dragon fans dropping Carney after one game to bring back Soward. Cause he our saviour last year...

Big_nick

Juniors
Am I the only one who thought te Stewart brothers were useless? Why doesn't Brett attempt to catch kicks on the full? He looked uninterested out there and offered nothing from kick returns and in second man plays, Dugan or Hayne would have been much better choices....

In saying that I dont want him dropped, I just thought he was shit. We need to stick with the same squad. (- ferris buhrer). Wasn't it nice also to have a prop that didn't get dominated and always powered forward in Tamou? Needs to take a few more runs next game, but solid debut.

legend

Coach
Anyone suggesting TLL play next game has obviously not been watching the Raiders. He's a big f**ken cat! He's the Dane Carlaw of NSW! Looks like tarzan, plays like Jane!

Aaron Woods is far mroe deserving of a spot than TLL.

Watmough for Creagh, Woods for Buhrer and that's about it for me.

Anyone suggesting TLL play next game has obviously not been watching the Raiders. He's a big f**ken cat! He's the Dane Carlaw of NSW! Looks like tarzan, plays like Jane!

Aaron Woods is far mroe deserving of a spot than TLL.

Watmough for Creagh, Woods for Buhrer and that's about it for me.

Has he ever played like a cat when representing NSW?

TLL, when he wants to, is the most ferocious ball runner in the sport. Quite frankly I couldn't give a f**k about the Raiders. Just as I couldn't give a f**k about Jennings and the Panthers or how Hayne was traveling with the Eels.

In saying that I would be more than happy with woods, TLL is just my preference.

brooksy19

Bench
1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Glenn Stewart
12. Luke Lewis
13. Greg Bird

14. Trent Merrin
15. Anthony Watmough
16. Aaron Woods
17. Tony Williams
18. Keefy Galloway

Slick

Juniors
Choc goes in for Creagh.

Buhrer for Hinchy or play a prop.

This.

Choc for Creagh.

Play a prop, Mannah or TLL. We don't need a utility or backup hooker, Farrah can play 80 and we roll the dice with injuries, we have enough talent in the side to cover most positions.

firechild

First Grade
Choc for Creagh for sure. If Ricky insists on having a utility Buhrer did nothing wrong and should stay but I think a prop would be better utilised than a hooker that plays 5min.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Changes:
Hinchcliffe > Buhrer
Watmough > Creagh
Woods > Merrin
Swap Bird and Lewis around. I'd rather Lewis at lock and Bird plays well on the left edge.

1. Brett Stewart
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Morris
5. Akuila Uate
6. Todd Carney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Paul Gallen
9. Robbie Farah
10. James Tamou
11. Glenn Stewart
12. Greg Bird
13. Luke Lewis

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Anthony Watmough
16. Aaron Woods
17. Tony Williams

firechild

First Grade
Am I the only one who thought te Stewart brothers were useless?

Probably. Brett was there in support plenty of times but didn't get the ball. If Jennings' kick wasn't so poor, Brett scores and NSW are in front 16-12.
Glenn didn't have as much impact as he does at club level but I have no doubt he will get better as the players become more familiar with each other. That's the real advantage QLD have, not their talent but their squad consistency.

gronkathon

First Grade
Brett needed that game and the video he will get from it to learn when to follow which player etc. For a spine that had their first game together ever they were pretty handy.

Glenn was good, you cant expect him to play like he does at Manly at Origin level.

Canard

Immortal
Other than Buhrer who is a borderline first grader at the moment, I don't think any massive changes should be made.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
I thought Brett made some great runs out of dummy half and nearly broke through the line a few times. Glenn was very quiet.