What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW game 2 team

macavity

Referee
Tedesco, Turbo, Cleary, Crichton, TPJ, Yeo, Young to go

Edwards
Fox
Trell
Campbell-Graham
To’o
Luai
Hynes
Paulo
Koriusau
Hass
Martin
Frizz
Murray

Burton
Olukalatu
Kolomatagi
D. Saifiti

Power came up front with the odd sensible offload and early ball to the backs.

Danish

Referee
I like it. I’ve no idea why NSW is obsessed with “combinations” at the expense of picking form players. That’s how we ended up somehow with Crichton in the centres over the far and away form centre of the comp in Campbell Graham.

Although I think it’s time Latrell got a shot at fullback. he’d go f**king ham back there if given a shot. Edwards can have his chance next year if latrell fails.

that leaves a centre spot up for grabs so throw Burton in there and bring Cook onto the bench

mongoose

Coach
Yeo is great at club level but he is not an Origin player...

I would like to see Young given another chance, he didn't get enough game time to say he should never be selected again.

Yeo is great at club level but he is not an Origin player...

I would like to see Young given another chance, he didn't get enough game time to say he should never be selected again.
He's a top 5 player in the world according to the Penrith faithful. I just don't see it.

Munky

Coach
He's a top 5 player in the world according to the Penrith faithful. I just don't see it.

He won about 90% of games in a three year period including those playing as a halfback when Cleary was out.

Makes a ton of metres and doesn't miss tackles.

How many line breaks go up the middle when he is on the field?

He's like what an actually good Alan Tongue would play like.

Has played seven Origin games as starting lock with three being blow outs.

Was under par ball playing last night but was a rock in the middle.

gUt

Coach
They need to get Hynes on as a starting player somewhere. You could do worse than him at FB especially if the Penrith halves combo is sacrosanct. He would be a kicking option back there the way Lockyer was.

NRLOracle

Juniors
Tedesco, Turbo, Cleary, Crichton, TPJ, Yeo, Young to go

Edwards
Fox
Trell
Campbell-Graham
To’o
Luai
Hynes
Paulo
Koriusau
Hass
Martin
Frizz
Murray

Burton
Olukalatu
Kolomatagi
D. Saifiti

Power came up front with the odd sensible offload and early ball to the backs.

NRLOracle

Juniors
Fittler is a clueless buffoon. Time to go Freddy! The idea of combinations is senseless. Surely you want the players that can step up to that scenario. After club level Cleary is found wanting.Largely because he is a manufactured footballer rather than an instinctive and talented one. Luiai is his puppet at club level.
Changes need to be made.
Hynes for Cleary
Burton fo Luiai
Cook for Korisau
Mitchell for Tedesco
Graham for Troboyavic
The forwards will do the job assigned which is the tough work up front. Quite simply the backs must respond. They were rudderless and clunky. No fluency what so ever! Also Murray must start the game along with Paulo.

wittyfan

Referee
TPJ and Young should have their papers marked Never Again.

Murray should replace Teddy as captain.

macavity

Referee
I like it. I’ve no idea why NSW is obsessed with “combinations” at the expense of picking form players. That’s how we ended up somehow with Crichton in the centres over the far and away form centre of the comp in Campbell Graham.

Although I think it’s time Latrell got a shot at fullback. he’d go f**king ham back there if given a shot. Edwards can have his chance next year if latrell fails.

that leaves a centre spot up for grabs so throw Burton in there and bring Cook onto the bench

No argument, just love Trell at centre

mongoose

Coach
Fittler is a clueless buffoon. Time to go Freddy! The idea of combinations is senseless. Surely you want the players that can step up to that scenario. After club level Cleary is found wanting.Largely because he is a manufactured footballer rather than an instinctive and talented one. Luiai is his puppet at club level.
Changes need to be made.
Hynes for Cleary
Burton fo Luiai
Cook for Korisau
Mitchell for Tedesco
Graham for Troboyavic
The forwards will do the job assigned which is the tough work up front. Quite simply the backs must respond. They were rudderless and clunky. No fluency what so ever! Also Murray must start the game along with Paulo.
Fitler will be forced to make changes after losing last year and then game 1 this year. I think Hynes will get his start. It should probably be Cleary who makes way for him but it won't be, it will be Luai.

Cook on the bench.

Id go Burton and Latrell in the centres.

Teddy is a big problem but I just can't see him getting dropped. He will probably "retire from rep footy" next year though.

Fangs

Coach
Tedesco
ADC
Latrell
Tom
To’o
Luai
Cleary
Paulo
Cook
Hass
Murray
Frizzell
Yeo

Korisau
Martin
Leniu
Big Jake

That is what he will go with I reckon. 99% sure Tedesco isn't getting dropped.

Latrell for Crichton, Leinu for TPJ. Both were locks for their spots in the team before injury intervened. Korisau/Cook in place of Hynes too I think.

Last bench spot I'm not sure. Maybe Hudson Young or it might be Big Jake.

Llangennech

Juniors
Tedesco, Addo-Carr, Graham, Treboiovik, To'o, Mitchell, Hynes, Haas, Koroisau, Pangai-Junior, Kolomaitangi, Olokauatu, Radley Int - Cook, Paulo, Frizell, Murray

myrrh ken

First Grade
Teddy has always been a ball hog. He had an off night, I don';t think age has caught up with him quite yet but days are numbered. I'd give him another go.

I have no idea why they picked turbo. He is underdone

They should never have picked Hynes as utility - run on side or nothing. Need a big body. Burton would be better. Or Crichton/Graham, if Trell comes back in.

Need some more go forward middles.

Cleary is becoming a bit of a Mitch Pearce - bomb bomb bomb.

kit66

Bench
NSW keep forgetting that a champion team will beat a team of champions. Turbo isn't a centre, he's a great player but he aint a centre. Defensively and in areas like the kick chase he was found wanting. The Combinations Rule idea is also the wrong way to go. Just pick the best week to week performers in each position, keep it simple. TPG and Jnr will be lucky to keep their spots, Haas too was a disappointment but can maybe do better. Hynes 14 ? I'd go with Cook or Cody Walker at 14.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
NSW keep forgetting that a champion team will beat a team of champions. Turbo isn't a centre, he's a great player but he aint a centre. Defensively and in areas like the kick chase he was found wanting. The Combinations Rule idea is also the wrong way to go. Just pick the best week to week performers in each position, keep it simple. TPG and Jnr will be lucky to keep their spots, Haas too was a disappointment but can maybe do better. Hynes 14 ? I'd go with Cook or Cody Walker at 14.
Pre injury I'd back Turbo over any centre in the sport but that player is long dead

Howwy

Juniors
The Combinations Rule idea is also the wrong way to go. Just pick the best week to week performers in each position, keep it simple.

Yes, combos are a bonus, they might come into play if there's a selection dilemma. Players like Lockyer, Thurston, Smith + Cronk only ever played together at Origin/Test time and they certainly combined effectively. It's as though truly great players (as distinct from very good) are on their own "wavelength" anyway.