What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW going forward

big hit!

Bench
Punishment for being a dickhead, not setting a good example and a leader of NSW rubbish culture to date. Time to cut him loose and start fresh

Harsh yes. Before all the shit about Lennox Head came out, I had him as one of the 5 players from last series who didn't embarrass themselves on the park throughout the series and definite selections for this series. Klemmer, JTrobj, Dugan, Bird, + one other they escapes me now......but culture wise, Josh is one of the problems with NSW. has to be cut loose.

OldPanther

Coach
Problem is panthers fans have been saying that since 2013. It’s kinda got to a ‘Boy who cried Wolf’ stage

I doubt that. He only came good in 2016. Before that most didn't rate him and there were mass calls for getting rid of him. Only a few backed him.

MKCS

Juniors
Watching the game right now (Roosters/Sharks) and Moylan is playing pretty well. Do we potentially want him coming off the bench with 20-30 to go as an attacking option?

TheFrog

Coach
Problem is panthers fans have been saying that since 2013. It’s kinda got to a ‘Boy who cried Wolf’ stage
Identifying potential is different from declaring someone the best there is, especially an 18 year old kid in the Under 20's. I cannot recall seeing anyone seriously putting him forward for the Origin side before this year, but many have predicted he will get there in the future. He's a smokie this year but that's about all.

soc123_au

Staff member
I doubt that. He only came good in 2016. Before that most didn't rate him and there were mass calls for getting rid of him. Only a few backed him.
There were a few of us that had him pencilled in as the next messiah, not exactly calls for a Blues jersey at the time, but high praise for a kid 2 years off first grade. 5 years on and he is starting to be the sexy beast we all hoped he would be. Long live Waqa the wise.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Hayne
Tupou
Jenko
Hoppa
Gordon
Pearce
A Reynolds
Woodsy
Farah
Merrin
Jackson
Hoffman
B Scott

Buhrer
T Williams
Tamou
Wallace/ hodkinson

https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/08...s-into-queensland-state-of-origin-contention/

Ponga zooms into Queensland Origin contention
Sun 8 Apr 2018, 12:17 PM
Kalyn Ponga has been earmarked as a future State of Origin player for the past few years but the future could arrive sooner than expected given his outstanding form for Newcastle.

The 20-year old has been one of the form fullbacks in 2018, and once again showed his silky skills from the back in the 15-10 Telstra Premiership win over the Brisbane Broncos on Saturday night.

Ponga notched more than 20 runs for 176 metres in attack with a try assist, and earned further respect from his peers and the coach.

NSW Origin halfback Mitchell Pearce cannot speak highly enough of his Knights teammate.

"He is as good as any young player you will ever see coming through, and it’s just there for everyone to see," Pearce said.

"It’s a big wrap but I don’t think anyone would disagree that he is humble and listens and works hard and he just wants to do all the dirty stuff for the team.

"I haven’t seen too many players play that tough at fullback."

It was only Ponga’s 14th game in the NRL but despite only coming out of his teenage years in the last fortnight, he is being tipped to earn a Queensland jersey in the near future.

Knights coach Nathan Brown did not want to say the Maroons should select Ponga this year but was confident they would blood him at Holden State of Origin level when the time was right.

"One thing Queensland has done is they have introduced their young players at the right time," Brown said.

"Queensland have transitioned their players so well, so if they feel he’s going good enough or if they think he needs another 12 months, that’s fine.

Knights prevail over Broncos

"But I am certainly very grateful that he’s selected our club to come and play for."

Pearce could see Ponga being a tough player for the Blues to handle.

"I’m sure when he goes in there it’ll be more heartache for NSW again," Pearce said.

The former Cowboys ace is also catching the eye of rival teams, with Wayne Bennett noting his talent, while his opposite number, Darius Boyd, believes he is only going to get better with experience.

"He's definitely a special talent at that age and playing fullback is a key position and he hasn't played that many games," Boyd said.

"But you can see he has a lot of confidence and confidence is a wonderful thing. And credit to him, I hope he keeps going well."

Meanwhile, Knights forward Mitchell Barnett will be suspended for Friday's trip to Melbourne unless he can prove his innocence after being charged with a grade-one dangerous throw for a tackle on Tevita Pangai jnr in the 11th minute of Saturday night's win over the Broncos.

Not nearly as much as you've caused ya khannt.

isaiah

Bench
Long term (not necessarily for Game 1) I'd like to see something like:

1. Tedesco
2. Cotric
3. Mitchell
4. Bird
5. Trjobevic

6. Moylan
7. Cleary

8. Woods
9. Brailey