What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW going forward

stryker

First Grade
In this circumstance, Tedesco has be on the wing. A position he hasn't played. Trbojevic is too good in the midfield with ball in hand to be wasted on the wing. No Tedesco for me.
Ted has played wing for the tigers back in the day and he was an embarrassment there. He either starts at 1 or is left out. Personaly id have Turbo ahead of him.

stryker

First Grade
Please.

They hobbled across the line in Game 2 and were there for the taking in Game 3. If it weren't for the fact Daley was completely out of ideas and allowed NSW to get away with some dumb footy, it would've been a bloodbath.

I hope Qld are complacent going into this series...
It was proven correct. No need for excuses.

stryker

First Grade
If Freddy moves away from the stupid policy of picking a squad to start their own dynasty and towards picking the current best 17 to win this series he may well succeed. It doesnt matter about age or reputation. Just the best 17 this year.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Maybe I’ve missed it but I’m yet to see Tommy T do anything against a decent side. All his highlights are against shit teams. I think he’s a top young player but I still have Tedesco a decent gap ahead of him. His brother on the other hand is a complete superstar.

MKCS

Juniors
What do you guys think of:

1. James Tedesco 2. Josh Mansour 3. Latrell Mitchell 4. Josh Dugan 5. Tom Trbojevic/Addo-Carr (Whoever is in better form).

6. James Maloney (Keary alternate) 7. Nathan Cleary (Maloney if he's hurt)

8. Aaron Woods 9. Cameron McInness 10. Paul Vaughan 11. Boyd Cordner (C) 12. Tyson Frizell 13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Jordan McClean 15. David Klemmer 16. Jack De Belin 17. Wade Graham

---

- Latrell maybe questionable if he's ready or not but 51 games including big games such as preliminary finals means he can't really be more ready unless we wait until he plays a grand final. I'd suggest it's between him and Jack Bird for the spot.

- Trbojevic/Addo-Carr is a good decision to make. Addo-Carr is now the quickest player in the NRL I hear whilst Trbojevic has experience playing on the wing for Australia and can pretty much play anywhere in the back line.

- Maloney is starting to find his groove which is great. He and Cleary seem to be the best choice with Keary coming in next year or the year after to take Maloney's place. If Cleary doesn't heal in time a combination of Keary/Maloney seems like it could be quite good.

- In the forwards some may scoff at Aaron Woods but he still plays well and makes good metres plus his experience is important. Vaughan gets a start due to his great form last year and this year whilst the second rowers and lock pick themselves.

- McClean is a natural bench selection as is Klemmer. De Belin rewarded for his great form for the Dragons whilst Wade Graham is picked as the utility who can play wherever needed. I would have him come on with 20-25 to go and see what he can do against tired Queensland forwards.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
Long term (not necessarily for Game 1) I'd like to see something like:

1. Tedesco
2. Cotric
3. Mitchell
4. Bird
5. Trjobevic

6. Moylan
7. Cleary

8. Woods
9. Brailey
10. McClean
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Trjobevic

14. Klemmer
15. RCG
16. Crichton
17. Graham

stryker

First Grade
What do you guys think of:

1. James Tedesco 2. Josh Mansour 3. Latrell Mitchell 4. Josh Dugan 5. Tom Trbojevic/Addo-Carr (Whoever is in better form).

6. James Maloney (Keary alternate) 7. Nathan Cleary (Maloney if he's hurt)

8. Aaron Woods 9. Cameron McInness 10. Paul Vaughan 11. Boyd Cordner (C) 12. Tyson Frizell 13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Jordan McClean 15. David Klemmer 16. Jack De Belin 17. Wade Graham

---

- Latrell maybe questionable if he's ready or not but 51 games including big games such as preliminary finals means he can't really be more ready unless we wait until he plays a grand final. I'd suggest it's between him and Jack Bird for the spot.

- Trbojevic/Addo-Carr is a good decision to make. Addo-Carr is now the quickest player in the NRL I hear whilst Trbojevic has experience playing on the wing for Australia and can pretty much play anywhere in the back line.

- Maloney is starting to find his groove which is great. He and Cleary seem to be the best choice with Keary coming in next year or the year after to take Maloney's place. If Cleary doesn't heal in time a combination of Keary/Maloney seems like it could be quite good.

- In the forwards some may scoff at Aaron Woods but he still plays well and makes good metres plus his experience is important. Vaughan gets a start due to his great form last year and this year whilst the second rowers and lock pick themselves.

- McClean is a natural bench selection as is Klemmer. De Belin rewarded for his great form for the Dragons whilst Wade Graham is picked as the utility who can play wherever needed. I would have him come on with 20-25 to go and see what he can do against tired Queensland forwards.
Not bad...QLD will still f**k that side square up its arse though.

Please.

They hobbled across the line in Game 2 and were there for the taking in Game 3. If it weren't for the fact Daley was completely out of ideas and allowed NSW to get away with some dumb footy, it would've been a bloodbath.

I hope Qld are complacent going into this series...
Let me get this right: You are proving that NSW are better by recounting that QLD won Games 2 & 3....

That's a pretty convincing argument right there. You definitely have a gift..

Oh it is so nice to see you preface your evidence of NSW's ability to inflict a "bloodbath" on QLD with the word If. There is such a lack of good fantasy writing nowadays that it is touching to see your flights of fantasy.

QLDers love it when NSW live in the land of If Only.

Knightmare

Coach
They took Qld apart in Game 1 and looked like doing so again in Game 2, up to h/t. One more try would have given them a lead of more than 2 converted tries and mentally killed off Qld. If NSW had kept going for points instead of shutting up shop and trying to run out the clock (thanks Laurie) it would've been more of the same.

Even Game 3, Qld led 12-0 at h/t but once NSW scored Qld looked genuinely rattled afterwards. It wasn't until Wade Graham repeated his dumb "let's strip the ball at a crucial point in the game" tactic from Game 2 and Qld scored from it that they looked like regaining any form of composure.

Like I said, they hobbled across the line. Daley should've been sacked in 2016 but was saved by the miracle try to save NSW from a white-wash at the very end of Game 3, but all last series proved was why the NSWRL should've sent him on his way 12 months earlier...

SO again, your argument to prove NSW's potency is to remind us that QLD almost clean swept the 2016 series and won 2 games last Year.
Your debating skills are beyond compare.

OldPanther

Coach
SO again, your argument to prove NSW's potency is to remind us that QLD almost clean swept the 2016 series and won 2 games last Year.
Your debating skills are beyond compare.

I think the argument is NSW needed a better coach. Loz couldn't get the job done yet was given a chance in 2017 and we lost while having the team that should have won.

W
I think the argument is NSW needed a better coach. Loz couldn't get the job done yet was given a chance in 2017 and we lost while having the team that should have won.
What I'm saying is that the whole "new coach" argument fails to acknowledge how many times this has been tried with some experienced Premiership winning coaches and has all come to naught.

It's like NSW has been cursed to have a problem or problems which seem to inhabit NSW's blind spot. No matter how many times NSW step forward and say "We have a solution", after the failure of each year's solution, the reality is: "We are left with more questions than answers". Thus the revolving door/roulette wheel/russian roulette of players coaches and officials.

Fittler has as much chance as anyone to deliver a series win. Chance. The probability of that? Perhaps not quite as optimistic as chance.

OldPanther

Coach
W

What I'm saying is that the whole "new coach" argument fails to acknowledge how many times this has been tried with some experienced Premiership winning coaches and has all come to naught.

It's like NSW has been cursed to have a problem or problems which seem to inhabit NSW's blind spot. No matter how many times NSW step forward and say "We have a solution", after the failure of each year's solution, the reality is: "We are left with more questions than answers". Thus the revolving door/roulette wheel/russian roulette of players coaches and officials.

Fittler has as much chance as anyone to deliver a series win. Chance. The probability of that? Perhaps not quite as optimistic as chance.

Personally I think NSW problem is incumbency. They created a situation where players were showing up for $30,000 rather than a win.

Latest posts