What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW going forward

King hit

Coach
NSW Wins
Morris 4 From 15
Dugan 4 from 12
Hayne 9 from 23
Maloney 3 from 9
Pearce 5 from 18
Woods 5 from 14
Fifita 3 from 10
Cordner 2 from 9
Jackson 3 from 9

And they keep picking them. They must have some good photos of Daley.
NSW Wins
Morris 4 From 15
Dugan 4 from 12
Hayne 9 from 23
Maloney 3 from 9
Pearce 5 from 18
Woods 5 from 14
Fifita 3 from 10
Cordner 2 from 9
Jackson 3 from 9

And they keep picking them. They must have some good photos of Daley.

Yeah but Webcke and Tallis never won anything at all yet Queenslanders would suck their dicks if they could.

Valheru

Coach
cords was selfish. should never have played last night. he should have also come off in game 2 when his calf was f**ked up. frizell was sacrificed in all 3 matches for the graham/cordner switch and tango. such inflexible strategy from Daley

That's Daley and the coaching staff's fault. Any player is going to do everything they can to play. He passed all fitness tests they made him do.

Frizell also looked busted so why not the same criticism for him?

MilkShark

First Grade
Yep he was poor defensively last night, no argument. He is normally a brick wall but was clearly injured yet still showed more heart than the other starting forwards and never stopped carrying the ball up with venom when the likes of Fifita, Woods and Jackson were too scared to.

Clearly our best starting forward over the 3 games.

You are just having a sook because you want Graham to take his place and that will never happen. As I said, Cordner will be there for years to come, you will just have to accept it.
Who cares about heart when you are letting trys in and cant catch a ball. Just get off the field.

Unfortunately he is a media darling so will be in the team for years to come, I agree.

You don't win games by being a nice guy.

MilkShark

First Grade
That's Daley and the coaching staff's fault. Any player is going to do everything they can to play. He passed all fitness tests they made him do.

Frizell also looked busted so why not the same criticism for him?
I critised Frizell also. He was poor the entire series. I expected alot out of him and he never delivered.

Valheru

Coach
Who cares about heart when you are letting trys in and cant catch a ball. Just get off the field.

Unfortunately he is a media darling so will be in the team for years to come, I agree.

You don't win games by being a nice guy.

he was injured, what don't you understand about that?

He will be there because he deserves it, glad you agree.

MilkShark

First Grade
he was injured, what don't you understand about that?

He will be there because he deserves it, glad you agree.
You said yes he stuffed up but at least he tried hard. That doesn't cut it in origin.

If you can't keep up with the game then you shouldn't be playing.

Bazal

Post Whore
As a pretty casual Origin fan I do think bulk changes are needed. There are far too many guys there who have made a career out of failing at Origin level. Yeah we haven't got the class of QLD but we should certainly be doing better than we have been.

No Dylan Walker though. His defence is absolutely shocking and if he plays for NSW in the centres QLD will put six tries past him. It's not all about attack, so stick a line through Roberts as well. Hayne is wasted at centre and he's well behind=Teddy at fullback these days...so centre becomes a bit of a weak point

1-Tedesco
2-Mansour...When fit he's probably NSW best winger
3-Jennings...as a place holder, really. He's a great defender if no one else steps up
4-Bird
5-Trbojevic
6-Moylan
7-Maloney
8-Klemmer...I reckon he needs to start
9-Peats
10-Vaughan...it's a no brainer surely?
11-Cordner...don't get the knocks, he was one of NSW best last night
12-Frizell
13-Trbojevic

14-Keary...we haven't got anyone on the bench who really changes the tempo. Keary running at big slow lumps like Glasby and Wallace and Papalii offers another dimension.
15-Fifita...impact player
16-Graham...didn't have a great series but he's a very good player
17-James...underrated and a bit of a merkin, worth a shot at Origin level. He runs all day unlike Woods

It's hard to say so far out though, it's literally almost a year away. There are young(er) guys who could definitely step up by then, guys like;

Nathan Brown
Clint Gutherson
Angus Crichton
Nick Cotric
Nathan Cleary
Jack De Belin
Shannon Boyd (I think he's been total rubbish this season tbh but he's not alone in Canberra)

So who really knows? What is clear is that the continued selection of guys like Dugan and Pearce and Woods and Jackson is not going to work.

Vic Mackey

Referee
NSW really need a 7 & 9 to jump out and say 'pick me'

Also need a revamp in the 3/4s too. bmoz/hayne/dugan/fergo are all big, slow and have no spark. id seriously look at something like:

2. Tom Turbo
3. D Walker
4. Roberts
5. Addo-Carr

I'm sick of picking supposed 'Origin Players' like Dugan. Unfortunatley for NSW an 'Origin Player' appears to be someone who is apparently tough but completely shit.

OldPanther

Coach
Could not give shit who they pick in the future but there is absolutely no need for a NSW squad to have 10 days together to 'prepare' for an origin game. Save the f**king time and money and maybe give them a few days to get on the piss in the lead up. Its a joke they stay in luxurious accommodations for so long to show up and deliver squat every year.

Absolutely pointless.

Your comment is :sunglasses: spot on

mxlegend99

Referee
Yep he was poor defensively last night, no argument. He is normally a brick wall but was clearly injured yet still showed more heart than the other starting forwards and never stopped carrying the ball up with venom when the likes of Fifita, Woods and Jackson were too scared to.

Clearly our best starting forward over the 3 games.

You are just having a sook because you want Graham to take his place and that will never happen. As I said, Cordner will be there for years to come, you will just have to accept it.
Cordner has won 2 from 9 games... hes the Pearce of second rowers only he technically participated in a winning series. Although it was the one game we lost.

Some players are shit at rep footy. Never seen fans so defensive over it before.

As a Panthers fan I am happy to say Merrin and Tamou arent rep quality and both suck... and they actually won a series.

mxlegend99

Referee
NSW really need a 7 & 9 to jump out and say 'pick me'

Also need a revamp in the 3/4s too. bmoz/hayne/dugan/fergo are all big, slow and have no spark. id seriously look at something like:

2. Tom Turbo
3. D Walker
4. Roberts
5. Addo-Carr

I'm sick of picking supposed 'Origin Players' like Dugan. Unfortunatley for NSW an 'Origin Player' appears to be someone who is apparently tough but completely shit.
What good would that be?

They have Pearce doing the exact oppisite in every series he plays in. They ignore it and pick him again.

Frailty

First Grade
I don't see why Graham has earned a start, yes he was good in game one but he sucked after that. His miss on McGuire turned game 2 which ended up being the turning point of the whole series, they should of picked Luke Lewis there this year.

I think Graham benefits from being in the game from the start, and that would allow Frizell to be really dynamic impact from the bench. Just like why I think Fifita would be a better option from the bench.

That's just what I think would work better strategically, but would agree Graham needs to be better than Game 2 & 3.

betcats

Referee
I think Graham benefits from being in the game from the start, and that would allow Frizell to be really dynamic impact from the bench. Just like why I think Fifita would be a better option from the bench.

That's just what I think would work better strategically, but would agree Graham needs to be better than Game 2 & 3.

Fair enough, he is certainly a great player and I would of started him before game 1, but after games 2 and 3 I'd say wait and see who is playing well next season before deciding starters.. He will be in the team for sure.

Valheru

Coach
Cordner has won 2 from 9 games... hes the Pearce of second rowers only he technically participated in a winning series. Although it was the one game we lost.

Some players are shit at rep footy. Never seen fans so defensive over it before.

As a Panthers fan I am happy to say Merrin and Tamou arent rep quality and both suck... and they actually won a series.

To be fair he is 2 from 4 when starting. It was insanity having him on the bench. Same with Graham.

MilkShark

First Grade
Lol that's not what i said
You didn't?

''Yep he was poor defensively last night (stuffed up), no argument. He is normally a brick wall but was clearly injured yet still showed more heart (tried hard) than the other starting forwards

Valheru

Coach
You didn't?

''Yep he was poor defensively last night (stuffed up), no argument. He is normally a brick wall but was clearly injured yet still showed more heart (tried hard) than the other starting forwards

Showing heart is not trying hard, it is turning up for your teammates regardless of the circumstances.

I am sure every player tries hard.

What I am saying is, despite being injured and not defending well he still made damaging runs with the ball all night and didn't go missing when the flow of the game was against them like the other starters.

Fifita could learn something from him.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Sharks fans and Roosters fans arguing over who was more shit.... At least it seems the Roosters fans can actually admit most of their players were shit last night.

Bronco18

Juniors
NSW won't win a series until they have a Smith or a Thurston or a Cronk.

We can talk about largely superficial changes all we want but if a player would make a difference they'd be screaming for selection.

Maybe next year NSW are in with a sniff if there's no Cronk and Thurston. But we've heard that before...

Latest posts