What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Hooker poll

Ignoring the use of the bench, who should be the NSW 9?

• Ennis

Votes: 11 10.6%
  • Young

Votes: 12 11.5%
  • Farah

Votes: 68 65.4%
  • Other

Votes: 13 12.5%

• Total voters

Big Pete

Referee
The whole Farah isn't an Origin player yet Ennis is has to be one of the biggest myths in the game.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Farahs injury cloud is my biggest worry tbh

He played SOO injured in '09 and put in a very poor performance.

Still better than Ennis though

Joker's Wild

Coach
Um yeah. Last I checked broken ribs are an injury and I said he played injured

My point being that SOO is not a place you can take weaknesses into whether its a dodgy groin, sore hamstring or broken ribs.

gronkathon

First Grade
Farah also made more tackles than any other player on the park in C v C last weekend. I think the structure around him needs to be tight and communicative if he is going to succeed at Origin and it is one of the few things I believe Ricky brings to the coaching role.

I still think they will go Young and Hinchcliffe or Ennis and Hinchcliffe but time will tell

diddi kong

Juniors
yep young has proven he's a big match player. hinchcliffe looks promising but he hasnt played enough first grade hooker. but i'd go young hinchcliffe ennis farah. i like farah great club player but his defence doesnt cut it at origin

aqua_duck

Coach
It's such a big myth that Michael Ennis is tough, a hard man, enforcer or good defender. Ennis is alot like Chris Sandow, a niggly merkin who tries to put on big shots and misses alot of the time. Farah is by far the superior defender, makes more tackles, misses less, and is far more skillful in attack. How Ennis can get on fooling peole into thinking he's tough and made for origin is beyond me.
Even though a can't stand the merkin, Anthony Watmough is what I'd call an origin type player, a player who can break a game open but is also abit of a nutcase and can back up his aggression with some punishing runs and tackles, Ennis can niggle but when push comes to shove we all know where Ennis will be, hiding behind Kade Snowden

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Farah and Hinchcliffe should be the only two names being looked at here.

Especially if selectors run with Pearce at halfback. He's an average organiser and doesn't have the greatest kicking game, so Farah would bring an alternative which could prove useful.

He can play at half too.

Can't believe Young is mentioned.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I like young as a player however he said in an interview last week that he does 15 mins of ball work a week as that's all his knee can handle.

That's fine for the dragons where he knows the plays however coming into a new team I can't see it being a good thing

gronkathon

First Grade
I still think if the NSW selectors had done the right thing in the first place and let Farah serve an apprenticeship under Buderus for one full series the transition would have been alot easier and more fruitful.

But thats Fulton & Co for you

Farah and Hinchcliffe should be the only two names being looked at here.

Especially if selectors run with Pearce at halfback. He's an average organiser and doesn't have the greatest kicking game, so Farah would bring an alternative which could prove useful.

He can play at half too.

Can't believe Young is mentioned.

I can't believe you don't think Young has contributed to the Dragons recent successes.

Premiers, World Club Champs, Minor Premiers x 2, you know?

Yeah, but Young shouldn't be mentioned.

You just went full genius.

gronkathon

First Grade
Young or Hinchcliffe realistically should be the bench option, especially if Lewis is in the side and that way you have someone to cover the backs in Lewis and a benchie who is a capable hooker but also a force in the backrow and it gives you more options depending on the flow of the game

Latest posts