What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Organised Crime Squad Investigating alleged NRL Match-Fixing

jc155776

Coach
Customs don't seize phones.

They inspect and download them just like they would your luggage and hand it back.

No actual seizure, no warrant required.

Yoda

Juniors
The refereeing tonight was beyond abysmal.

Last edited by a moderator:

taipan

Referee
Massoud and that other pretty boy parasite at 7 are New Idea writers.

I hope he has grounds to sue their arses.

If any Manly player is guikty of match fixing I hope they catch them and ban them. But writing utter shit about people is pathetic

Yep i agree sue the a*se off the SMH and 7 .These media organisation can ruin someone's reputation by innuendo or just being wrong.Hope Massoud gets a kick in the nether region.

Maximus

Coach
Yep i agree sue the a*se off the SMH and 7 .These media organisation can ruin someone's reputation by innuendo or just being wrong.Hope Massoud gets a kick in the nether region.

What about the poor innocent bloke that Massoud named as the person who sold the Pearce video. He got death threats out of it. I wonder if Massoud has ever apologised for that one.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
What about the poor innocent bloke that Massoud named as the person who sold the Pearce video. He got death threats out of it. I wonder if Massoud has ever apologised for that one.

Not a chance mate.

The maggot has NO moral scruples at all.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can the NRL also sue, for loss of potential monies due to the fictitious stories from the media?

If so, they should go in large. There's a sure fire way to teach people a lesson...end their practice.

It shits me seeing how much bullshit is in the media from media whores claiming to be journalists.

You know only as far back as the 60's, sports journalists never even put their names on the articles they wrote about anything. Because the story was what mattered, not getting exposure for the author.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
I guess (and hope) that players amd clubs are onto Massoud and just blacklist the prick.

I know Manly did with that smug prick who also reports for 7 (can't think of his name now). The same turd did some underhanded shit to Foran earlier this year to spring a microphone in his face.

They are by far the worst 2 gutter scum in TV sports "journalism".

Parra parra

Juniors
I'm not a manly fan but the media Kent mossoud etc are a disgrace
IF Mattai is not guilty sue the ass off them disgusting act imo

It's time the nrl credentialed the f**kers and then chose to give them access to clubs. Training, players, game day, pressers. Etc.

Get the rlpa on board.

Any story has to be sanctioned.

It's time. The nrl and related need to protect their brand and employees. Every other business does it. I can't give interviews without permission/clearance in my job.

The whole loss and potential loss of sponsors and goodwill etc is a real issue.

If a strong rlpa told it's members that cretins like Massoud were costing the game revenue via memberships, sponsors, season ticket, ticket and merchandise sales and it's costing them wage increases then maybe they'll behave and not talk to the press about shit. Rlpa should also have lawyers, if they don't, to protect its members from crap like this.

thorson1987

Coach
http://www.nospam47.com/au/league/n...r-false-matai-claim/l442ck1ivln01kithokvk5v2n

Hadley slams 'lowlife' Massoud for false Matai claim

September 10, 2016 1:03am EDT

High profile broadcaster Ray Hadley has launched a scathing attack on Channel 7 reporter Josh Massoud, labelling him a ‘lowlife’ following the Steve Matai phone seizure affair.

• Massoud reported on Friday that police had seized Matai’s phone as part of their investigation into match fixing in the NRL.

A Manly player has had his phone taken by police but it is not Matai.

The Kiwi centre was almost in tears when he fronted the media to refute Channel 7’s claims, and is threatening to sue any organisation that ran with the original story.

Hadley didn’t miss when he raised the subject on 2GB’s Continuous Call on Saturday.

“When you talk about police seizing things or police arresting people you’ve got to get it right because that mud will
    stick for a long, long time,” Hadley said.

“It’s one thing to get facts incorrect, it’s an entirely another matter to accuse someone of being involved in match fixing.

“That’s the implication. By suggesting Matai had his phone seized, you immediately labelled him a match fixer.”

But Bolts was only just warning up.

He continued: “Josh Massoud - I don’t know the bloke or I don’t wish to know him and I don’t want to be in his company - has never let the truth get in the
    way of a good story.

“He’s a muckraker and Channel Seven could do much better. I would suggest he’s a lowlife and I think Steve Matai would agree.”

Hadley and Massoud have been sparring partners for years and this will just re-open their feud.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Seriously? Can you bet on Jnr games?

A teenage rugby league player was reportedly offered $500 by a father from the opposing side to fake an injury and miss a preliminary final in NSW's Illawarra region last weekend.

In another match-fixing controversy, the Daily Telegraph reported on Friday that the NRL's integrity unit has been called in to investigate the claims.

The boy's team, the Wollongong Collegians, lost the sudden-death final to the Western Suburbs Red Devils who will play in this weekend's grand final.

http://www.sportsfan.com.au/match-f...or-league/tabid/91/newsid/210444/default.aspx