What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

abpanther

Staff member
The game last night showed exactly why Bird shouldn't be 5/8, sure put him in the backrow if you like but if we fall behind with him in the halves we have no chance

Jakester1288

Juniors
Quick update.

1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Cooper
4. Lewis/someone I can't think of
6. Soward
7. Pearce
8. Tolman
9. Farah
10. Weyman
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Bird/Lewis

14. Douglas
15. Creagh
16. Laffranchi
17. Gidley

Can't think of a second winger, might have to put a utility on the bench, Gidley to fullback, and Hayne on the wing, TBH. I really like Creagh, want him in the side, but I wouldn't be fussed if a good alternative was selected.

joseph1

Juniors
1) Dugan
2) Hayne
3) Morris
4) Tahu
5) Morris
6) Soward
7) Kimmorley
8) Cross
9) Farah
10) White
11) Hindmarsh (c)
12) Creagh
13) Stewart

14) Gidley
15) Watmough
16) King
17) Tolman

patzz_

Juniors
1) Dugan
2) Hayne
3) Morris
4) Tahu
5) Morris
6) Soward
7) Kimmorley
8) Cross
9) Farah
10) White
11) Hindmarsh (c)
12) Creagh
13) Stewart

14) Gidley
15) Watmough
16) King
17) Tolman

Cross, Stewart, King, Hindmarsh, White

timka4

Bench
Wow, a decently hard choice of who to pick this year. Unlike last year where there only was one team to pick, however wasnt picked. Im just glad that at least Wallas isnt in the running.

I say that a definite in the team would be Lewis, Hayne on the wing (based on his current form), but this would only be said if dugan is at Fullback, which may be risky but worth the shot imo

simmo1

First Grade
Im pretty sure Priddis is a Queenslander.

From the sounds of it, it appears to be a Tigers thing, blowing in big games. Not necessarily a Farah thing.

The Tigers have played one big game since 2005, and that was last year v Parra, and they played well despite losing.

timka4

Bench
1. Josh Dugan
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Luke Lewis
5. Jarryd Hayne
6. Jamie Soward
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Keith Galloway
9. Robbie Farah
10. Michael Weyman
11. Nathan Hindmarsh (c)
12. Ben Creagh
13. Anthony Watmough

14. Aiden Tolman
15. Brett White
16. Paul Gallen
17. Kurt Gidley

This team is so far based on what i have seen this season and from state of origin last year. Hooker at the moment is either ennis or farah, however if farah performs at his club level at rep level then farah is a certain choice.

No idea for five eigths at the moment as they are all pretty much lacking form, except for Jamie Soward

I think Josh Dugan can perform at State of Origin level.

WE will all just have to wait for city vs country for the final team

Last edited:

andrew057

First Grade
It sh*ts me how overrated Ennis is, fmd. He didn't even outplay Farah bar a couple of flukey tries down the end of the match, in fact, he stopped them from scoring points in the first half. He single handedly stagnated their attack by going left to Morris + Goodwin, if he goes to Idris earlier, they score and multiple times. Ennis played poorly (though for him it's probably a good match).

lol pathetic biased rubbish.

lol pathetic biased rubbish.

How, it's the truth. Why can't a Tigers fan speak the truth?

Ennis had an average game and he and Roberts down the left hand side were holding the Bulldogs attack back. If Ennis had decided to go right along with Kimmorley + Idris, they would've scored at least 20 in the first half. Anyone who can't see this, simply doesn't understand rugby league. Farah and he were equal throughout the game, possibly Farah outplaying him until the last 5 minutes which a clueless fan like yourself would take note.

MSIH

Bench
I like the Tigers, but fmd the fans talk their players up way too much.

Galloway's a plodder, Gibbs battles but yet we're meant to believe they're Origin quality?

Lawrence is good, but posts saying he's the best defensive centre in the game? Get off it.

If the Tigers players were as good as you all say, you would've made the finals at least once in the last 4 years.

I like the Tigers, but fmd the fans talk their players up way too much.

Galloway's a plodder, Gibbs battles but yet we're meant to believe they're Origin quality?

Lawrence is good, but posts saying he's the best defensive centre in the game? Get off it.

If the Tigers players were as good as you all say, you would've made the finals at least once in the last 4 years.

Galloway is far from a plodder. He's a very good front rower, borderline origin. If he's fit and angry, it'll take a good 4 forwards to bring him down.

Gibbs shouldn't be playing origin I agree, but he's been in good form thus far.

If I recall, no-one has said Lawrence is the best defender. I've said after guys like Cooper and Scott, he's the next best of those in contention for a Blues jumper...

andrew057

First Grade
How, it's the truth. Why can't a Tigers fan speak the truth?

Ennis had an average game and he and Roberts down the left hand side were holding the Bulldogs attack back. If Ennis had decided to go right along with Kimmorley + Idris, they would've scored at least 20 in the first half. Anyone who can't see this, simply doesn't understand rugby league. Farah and he were equal throughout the game, possibly Farah outplaying him until the last 5 minutes which a clueless fan like yourself would take note.

You sir are an idiot.

*Scored 2 tries.

*Kicked better over the game, Farah's 40/20 was nice though.

*Set up 2 tries.

*Tackled more effectively.

*His vision throughout the game was great.

Ennis didn't kick well, any Dogs fan will tell you that. On many occasions when on 4th tackle at our 40 and the Dogs were on a roll, he'd put a nothing kick in. Sure he'd pin us down within the 15, but it wasted an attacking opportunity and also didn't give his team a chance at an attacking kick on 5th or a repeat set.

He didn't set up 2 tries, he set up 1 and that was in garbage time anyway.

:lol: Are you serious about Ennis defending better? Farah made 35 tackles and Ennis 19. Also, Farah was carrying an injury and had to defend in the halves at stages which only lowered what his total could have been.

His vision throughout the game wasn't great, the Dogs only scored 6 points in the first half with more than 5 sets inside our 20m line. The ball fell into his arms on the try that was scored but he had no contribution otherwise in that play. He also stagnated the Bulldogs attack by continually going left when you have on the otherside, Idris lining up against Benji Marshall.

andrew057

First Grade
Ennis didn't kick well, any Dogs fan will tell you that. On many occasions when on 4th tackle at our 40 and the Dogs were on a roll, he'd put a nothing kick in. Sure he'd pin us down within the 15, but it wasted an attacking opportunity and also didn't give his team a chance at an attacking kick on 5th or a repeat set.

He didn't set up 2 tries, he set up 1 and that was in garbage time anyway.

:lol: Are you serious about Ennis defending better? Farah made 35 tackles and Ennis 19. Also, Farah was carrying an injury and had to defend in the halves at stages which only lowered what his total could have been.

His vision throughout the game wasn't great, the Dogs only scored 6 points in the first half with more than 5 sets inside our 20m line. The ball fell into his arms on the try that was scored but he had no contribution otherwise in that play. He also stagnated the Bulldogs attack by continually going left when you have on the otherside, Idris lining up against Benji Marshall.

Ennis' kicking was fine, took a heap of pressure off Kimmorley and found grass more often than not.

My bad, so Ennis had a hand in 3 of Bulldogs 4 tries. Thats 2 more than the Tigers as a whole could score.

Learn to read mate, I said more effectively, Farah missed 5 tackles, compared to Ennis with 2.

His vision was fine, after all he did have a hand in 3 tries like a I said, which is three more than Farah did.

Cletus

First Grade
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lyon
5. Morris
6. Carney
7. Pearce
8. Galloway
9. Farah
10. Weyman
11. Creagh
12. Watmough
13. G. Stewart

14. Lewis
15. Leroyd Lars
16. Kite
17. Gidley/Rose

I'd probably prefer Dugan over Hayne but Hayne has more experience and will do better in a team that aren't plodders like Parra. Wouldn't mind Campese at 5/8 either but I think Pearce should be half.

Last edited:

Someone

Bench
Jamie Lyon is a sook, and doesnt want to be there. Not the first time he has quit on a side....

The two tries he scored were a matter of him being at the right place at the right time. Now whether you call that a great skill, I don't know. The Kimmorley try was a nice piece of work, but just about any hooker with half a brain, someone in support and having the defence lose all care would be able to score/set up that try.

Ok, so if a person makes 1 tackle and doesn't miss any, they're more effective than one who makes 35 and misses 5 tackles which would lead to the man being taken by another 2 blokes hardly a metre passed from where the tackle was missed.... On this count, Benji would be one of the best defenders in the league since prior to this game he missed 1 tackle out of every 10.
Ennis was by no means the better defender since Farah had to defend against a bigger pack, in a beaten team and with an injured arm.

Latest posts