What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

andrew057

First Grade
The two tries he scored were a matter of him being at the right place at the right time. Now whether you call that a great skill, I don't know. The Kimmorley try was a nice piece of work, but just about any hooker with half a brain, someone in support and having the defence lose all care would be able to score/set up that try.

Ok, so if a person makes 1 tackle and doesn't miss any, they're more effective than one who makes 35 and misses 5 tackles which would lead to the man being taken by another 2 blokes hardly a metre passed from where the tackle was missed.... On this count, Benji would be one of the best defenders in the league since prior to this game he missed 1 tackle out of every 10.
Ennis was by no means the better defender since Farah had to defend against a bigger pack, in a beaten team and with an injured arm.

Sounds like a bunch of excuses to me. Ennis was better whether you like ti or not mate.

benj4

Juniors
As a Queenslander I would prefer Ennis picked tbh. Ennis played the weaker team and didn't really stand out. Wing was the difference.

Farah darting around our less mobile forwards late in each half concerns me.

Ladmate

Bench
The two tries he scored were a matter of him being at the right place at the right time. Now whether you call that a great skill, I don't know. The Kimmorley try was a nice piece of work, but just about any hooker with half a brain, someone in support and having the defence lose all care would be able to score/set up that try.

Ok, so if a person makes 1 tackle and doesn't miss any, they're more effective than one who makes 35 and misses 5 tackles which would lead to the man being taken by another 2 blokes hardly a metre passed from where the tackle was missed.... On this count, Benji would be one of the best defenders in the league since prior to this game he missed 1 tackle out of every 10.
Ennis was by no means the better defender since Farah had to defend against a bigger pack, in a beaten team and with an injured arm.

Everyone knows your right, but they don't answer you with arguements, rather calling these reasons "excuses".

And Ennis was never good in defense. It's all talk.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
It would be bloody nice if one of Ennis or Farah got injured just to stop this forum from bitching all the friggin time.

voltron

Juniors
It's not.
It's Tigers fans using nothing but stats to put their point across.
It's been the same for nearly a year.

no its been the same since i joined this forum
every bloody year, the same whinging about farah and origin
i wish there was a year that the tigers didnt try and dominate the discussion

ennis is the incumbent
farah had TWO games to grab it
and he didnt
he sucked pretty badly
ennis didnt.....so in all likelihood its ennis again this year

Joker's Wild

Coach
Tigers fans have been doing this since Buderus kept getting picked over Robbie "crap my dacks" Farah.

Must really chaff their nuts now that it is Ennis who is getting picked ahead of him

It's funny to watch though

MacDougall

First Grade
Just because the Dogs won the game and Ennis scored two fluke tries and set up a try with a dribble into the backfield when the game is over, doesn't mean he is half as good as Farah, a guy who has been in the top 5 of the Dally M's for the last what, four years?

watatank

Coach
no its been the same since i joined this forum
every bloody year, the same whinging about farah and origin
i wish there was a year that the tigers didnt try and dominate the discussion

ennis is the incumbent
farah had TWO games to grab it
and he didnt
he sucked pretty badly
ennis didnt.....so in all likelihood its ennis again this year

Farah also had two games for Australia and he was ordinary in them too. He has performed for City, but that's about it.

Personally I think Farah is a better player but he doesn't have a great track record to fall back on when it comes to rep footy tbh.

Danish

Referee
I wish people would stop with the ennis/farah argument and focus on the real issue with the NSW team this year...

The fact that Gidley is apparently set to be selected at fullback and named captain.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Neither Ennis or Farah own the jersey and so far this year, neither have put their hand up to force the selectors hand. Leave it to them and move on, there are 16 other jerseys we can talk about too.