What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

My team

Hayne
Morris
Cooper
Champion
Monoghan
Barret
Kimmorley
Weyman
Ennis
Douglas
Creagh
Lewis
Watmough

Leroyd-Lahrs
Mason
Gallen/Stewart
Gidley

timka4

Bench
mmm interesting teams hell and pete, i like certain areas of both your teams.

I do think that Barret and Kimmorley need to be the halves pairing. People saying kimmorley is sh*t, yeh not entirely great this season, but is much better than Carney? have u seen Carney these past couple of weeks? he is playing sh*t. And at least we know kimmorley "can" do at least a decent job in origin and he brings experience and leadership. Bird can get out of the side (maybe bench.... maybe). Finch is only good for five eighth IMO. He is more of a support player for me, well these days anyways.

Bring dugan in maybe next year or year after. Hayne over last year, and bits of this year has deserved his spot in fullback.

But i think the most important thing is not having bloody idris or tahu on our bench, a few reports have been saying its most likely gonna happen. Thats just rubbish

Big Pete

Referee
I don't think there are many options though.

I'd much rather Dugan than say somebody like Tahu or Jennings on the wing.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Dead rubbers don't count.

What I hate is qld have all the good halves......Thurston, Prince, Cronk all better players.

Kimmorley gives his all, but is very limited.

timka4

Bench
I don't think there are many options though.

I'd much rather Dugan than say somebody like Tahu or Jennings on the wing.

oh yeh i would think dugan or tahu would go well on the wing. I think tahu will go better when he gets better ball from either his 5/8th , halfback or centre. At the moment from centre he is getting it from the likes of Mortimer and keating... Cant believe the team gets selected in under 24 hours though, im so nervous

stormbati

Bench
I hope we stick with the players from game 3 last year, or pretty close to it anyway.
I couldn't believe we were unsure of wether to pick Kimmorley! WTF ? He did the job last year!
Anyway, whoever is picked, I hope they tear Qld apart.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Given how often it's been repeated the NSW selectors are almost certain to stick with the bulk of the Game III 2009 side, I cannot believe people continue to leave out Josh Morris.

timka4

Bench
Given how often it's been repeated the NSW selectors are almost certain to stick with the bulk of the Game III 2009 side, I cannot believe people continue to leave out Josh Morris.

its pretty much because of his injury, and a little form drop, only little though, because of the dogs slump as well. But if he keeps playing consistent good footy and if either lyon or the other centre fails and we lose the first game, i think he will be put in

Danish

Referee
Because he is big.

NSW seem to think that size, not ability, is what you need to get selected to play Origin.

We should try and get Bozo and the boys a gig as QLD selectors, then the likes of Slater, Bowen and Langer wouldn't have been carving us up over the years

Danish

Referee

Because somebody has to get the chop for their Idris/Tahu dream team....

Personally he wouldn't make my side at any rate. Dugan, Morris, Cooper, Jennings and Hayne would be my backline

Boganater

Juniors
Jamie Lyon is an average defender at this level Gus Gould pointed out a while a ago that he's a submissive tackler and if you've got Inglis steaming onto the ball 5M out you have to move up and cut him off otherwise he'll murder you, I can't understand why he's a walk up starter in everyone's team. He's also not a 5/8th's arsehole so forget him there.
I would rather Beau Champion at right centre with maybe Monas or Tahu outside him on the wing.
Gidley has also done nothing in Origin that deserves an automatic selection but he will be selected anyway as fullback and captain. He tries his ring out and goes all day but stifles the halves' rhythm and isn't a real threat to QLD. Jarryd Hayne will touch the ball a quarter as many times and be 10 times more dangerous. QLD will poo their pants every time he looks like touching the ball. There is no such threat with Gidley.
this would be my team:
1: Hayne
2: Morris
3: Cooper
4: Champion
5: Tahu/Monaghan
6: Campese (deserves another shot after being shafted last time)
7: Kimmorley
8: Weyman
9: Ennis
10: Perry
11:Watmough
12: Gallen
13: Lewis
14: Farah/Gidley
15: TLL
16: Waterhouse
17: Snowden