What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin side 2010

ByRd

First Grade
Would anyone else want Mason in the side??

I only say this cause his form is improving and he gives us a big body to come off the bench as an impact player. He is also a leader on the field and a big talker and plays with alot of passion, im just throwing it out there.

abpanther

Staff member
Not me, particularly as we have a plethora of other backrowers that are in much better form...

typicalfan

Coach
Mason has no impact when he runs, smaller players know how to bring him down. There are plenty of backrowers I would prefer to Mason.

mxlegend99

Referee
There's no way that Mason should be in the NSW side. On his current form there are a number of club forward packs that he wouldn't be able to crack at full strength.

Underrating Mason a lot here. He's been playing great footy for NQLD, he's been one of their best by far and away. His impact off the bench for them has been awesome. Over 100m a game and like 9m per run is great.

maple_69

Bench
The guy has consistently failed at Origin level for the last few years. One big run does not make up for being lazy and largely ineffective and knocking the ball on constantly and getting falconed in his big ugly mug. He is a disgrace of a person and a terrible advertisement for rugby league. He has played well in a below par forward pack but certainly has not shown the consistent brilliance of Luke Lewis, Watmough, Gallen, Stewart, Laffranchi et al, who have been performing for years now.

D

Deleted member 10972

Players who shouldn't be picked...

Past their prime:

Luke Bailey
Willie Mason
Steve Simpson
Nathan Hindmarsh
Andrew Ryan

Failures at SOO:

Brent Kite
Josh Perry
Brett White
Anthony Laffranchi
Anthony Tupou

None of these players should be looked at for selection IMO, they are either past their prime and wouldn't benefit the team by being there, or they have been trialled in recent years and had little to no impact. Boof, Kite and Toops in particular, it doesn't mean that they are bad club players, but simply they lack that extra factor for SOO.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Id select Mason if he played prop and was making more of an impact then he currently is.

TBH, he is exactly the guy NSW want firing and in form. An aggressive in form Mason would be perfect. Hes won Origins before and he has in the past been destructive against Qld.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Id select Mason if he played prop and was making more of an impact then he currently is.

TBH, he is exactly the guy NSW want firing and in form. An aggressive in form Mason would be perfect. Hes won Origins before and he has in the past been destructive against Qld.

Oxymoron. He is past it.

ljs_schoie

Juniors
1 Fullback Jarryd Hayne
2 Wing
3 Centre Jamie Lyon©
4 Centre Josh Morris
5 Wing Brett Morris
6 Five Eight Todd Carney
7 Half Back Mitchell Peirce
8 Prop Mick Weyman
9 Hooker Michael Ennis
10 Prop Keith Galloway
11 Second Row Anthony Watmough
12 Second Row Ben Creagh
13 Lock Paul Gallen
14 Interchange KurtGidley
15 Interchange Greg Bird
16 Interchange Brett White /JoshPerry
17 Interchange Aiden Tolman
18 18th Man Luke Lewis
Still unsure who should play on that wing!! but i think that this side would beat QLD

Yosh

Coach
Yeah Mason was good against the Knights. I mean I wouldn't be upset if he was chosen on the bench etc. Not over the moon but I wouldn't call it a bad selection!

saint-colesy

Juniors
1. Gidley (c)
2. B. Morris
3. J. Morris/ T. Tahu
4. J. Lyon
5. J. Hayne
6. T. Carney
7. M. Pearce
8. M. Weyman
9. M. Ennis
10. A. Tolman
11. A. Watmough
12. P. Gallen
13. G. Bird
-----------------
14. L. Lewis
15. T. Leyrod-lars
16. J. Poore
17. W. Mason

mxlegend99

Referee
1 Fullback Jarryd Hayne
2 Wing
3 Centre Jamie Lyon©
4 Centre Josh Morris
5 Wing Brett Morris
6 Five Eight Todd Carney
7 Half Back Mitchell Peirce
8 Prop Mick Weyman
9 Hooker Michael Ennis
10 Prop Keith Galloway
11 Second Row Anthony Watmough
12 Second Row Ben Creagh
13 Lock Paul Gallen
14 Interchange KurtGidley
15 Interchange Greg Bird
16 Interchange Brett White /JoshPerry
17 Interchange Aiden Tolman
18 18th Man Luke Lewis
Still unsure who should play on that wing!! but i think that this side would beat QLD
Gidley and Bird ahead of Luke Lewis? That's f*cking insane. Luke Lewis should be one of the few certainties for the team. I think he'll be a good chance at the Australian team even.

Tipster

Bench
1. Gidley (c)
2. Hayne
3. Lyon
4. J.Morris
5. B.Morris
6. Bird
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Farah
10. White
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. Lewis (agree with poster above, should be a certainty in this team).
--------------
14. Carney
15. Gallen
16. Tolman
17. Kite

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Gidley and Bird ahead of Luke Lewis? That's f*cking insane. Luke Lewis should be one of the few certainties for the team. I think he'll be a good chance at the Australian team even.

He played 2nd row in the Four Nations final so i'd assume he would be in the 17 again somewhere in a couple of weeks time. His form certainly warrants it.