What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Origin

franklin2323

Immortal
I think Freddy has shown he isnt afraid of change, he has dropped Klemmer already.

Edit: And Paul Vaughan

Not Dropped them though. He is only naming certainties those not picked will be if those in the Finals get injured or lose form

look at who played last year though that is still playing or those named

Tedesco
Cotric
Wighton
Josh Morris
Addo-Carr
Keary (Played for Australia)
Cleary
Haas
Cook
Saifiti
Cordner
Frizzell
Murray
Walker
Ferguson
Crichton
Finucane
Trbojevic
McInnes
Lomax
Cutherson (18th man)
Matterson (18th man)

There is 22 there. Guys like Papenhuyzen, Paulo, RCG will be in consideration too so maybe we get 1 or 2 but I can't see mass selection of us

betcats

Referee
Not Dropped them though. He is only naming certainties those not picked will be if those in the Finals get injured or lose form

look at who played last year though that is still playing or those named

Tedesco
Cotric
Wighton
Josh Morris
Addo-Carr
Keary (Played for Australia)
Cleary
Haas
Cook
Saifiti
Cordner
Frizzell
Murray
Walker
Ferguson
Crichton
Finucane
Trbojevic
McInnes
Lomax
Cutherson (18th man)
Matterson (18th man)

There is 22 there. Guys like Papenhuyzen, Paulo, RCG will be in consideration too so maybe we get 1 or 2 but I can't see mass selection of us

Matterson wont get in before Liam Martin, i'd bet my house on that. They are naming 27 man squad there is going to be a few panthers in it.

franklin2323

Immortal
Matterson wont get in before Liam Martin, i'd bet my house on that. They are naming 27 man squad there is going to be a few panthers in it.

27 seems like heaps but they used 27 last year. I think Martin makes it as well. Him and Cleary are the only ones we will have. Capewell in QLD.

Martin will get in cause he can play anywhere in the pack. Seem to want guys that can do various roles to give options of how the 17 lines up

betcats

Referee
27 seems like heaps but they used 27 last year. I think Martin makes it as well. Him and Cleary are the only ones we will have. Capewell in QLD.

We might end uo with just one in the team that plays but we should have at least 3 in the squad.Crichton will very likely be in the squad, and Api is a good chance.

I dont think Fergo is getting picked and I have doubts about Josh Morris and Cotric.

martielang

Bench

Really? I reckon Matterson is a walk up start especially with Graham not named.

franklin2323

Immortal
We might end uo with just one in the team that plays but we should have at least 3 in the squad.Crichton will very likely be in the squad, and Api is a good chance.

I dont think Fergo is getting picked and I have doubts about Josh Morris and Cotric.

They want guys that can cover various positions and depends how they want the squad to lineup. Not sure too many outside backs will be in the squad. You'd think Papenhuyen off the bench but can play wing if needed. Wighton will be one centre

betcats

Referee

Depends what they are looking for I guess and I think form in these big games will be a factor. Martin is in better form right now and just seems to have the perfect hard nosed attitude for origin. If they want utility player then Matterson but I think we might end up with Wighton in the centres and Pap or Cody Walker on the bench along with Cam Murray so there is plenty of utility there.

franklin2323

Immortal
Depends what they are looking for I guess and I think form in these big games will be a factor. Martin is in better form right now and just seems to have the perfect hard nosed attitude for origin. If they want utility player then Matterson but I think we might end up with Wighton in the centres and Pap or Cody Walker on the bench along with Cam Murray so there is plenty of utility there.

Yeah but when injuries hit? I think they go for flexibility

MugaB

Coach
Matterson is garbage, he closes he eyes and bubbles his checks, every run expecting to get smashed,
I'd be picking Yeo for his work in the middle, and the Temora Terrier on the edge, as his aerial work aswell as his tackle breaks are what NSW need

martielang

Bench
Matterson is garbage, he closes he eyes and bubbles his checks, every run expecting to get smashed,
I'd be picking Yeo for his work in the middle, and the Temora Terrier on the edge, as his aerial work aswell as his tackle breaks are what NSW need

Get outtta here. Matterson is quality.

Fangs

Coach
Matterson is earning $500k which is probably right but he isn't quite earning that.

For NSW he probably makes the squad. But Cordner/Frizell start. Cam Murray will certainly get a spot. I think Angus Crichton will be ahead of Matterson in the top 17.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Matterson is earning $500k which is probably right but he isn't quite earning that.

For NSW he probably makes the squad. But Cordner/Frizell start. Cam Murray will certainly get a spot. I think Angus Crichton will be ahead of Matterson in the top 17.
Frizell has been bog average for over a year

Latest posts