What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Police Commissioner Fuller helped design the Premiership ring (not satire)

roofromoz

First Grade
This bloke is everywhere sooking about coppers having a rough time.

Why a cop was asked to design a grand final ring I'll never know but you'd hope the dull merkin could come up with something better than the chequered stripe on his car.

He's probably the type of guy who boasts he drives a car with a siren on the top of it that goes nee naw nee naw

Nuke

Staff member
“The design was done in a way that the top of the ring with blue sapphires and white diamonds looks like a chequered band, which truly reflects not just the national nature of the game NRL but of course policing right across Australia,” Mr Fuller told The Daily Telegraph.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but for starters, how does a blue & white chequered pattern 'truly reflect' Australia nationally in relation to NRL, and secondly, how does its obvious police links in any way relate to the NRL (or any sport, for that matter)?

And yeah, I get the jokes about how many players get arrested, ect, every year, and about the whole 'Australia's becoming a police state' thing, but seriously, there is no direct reason why the NRL Premiers rings needs to purposely be linked to the police.

Perth Red

Post Whore
“The design was done in a way that the top of the ring with blue sapphires and white diamonds looks like a chequered band, which truly reflects not just the national nature of the game NRL but of course policing right across Australia,” Mr Fuller told The Daily Telegraph.

Maybe I'm missing something here, but for starters, how does a blue & white chequered pattern 'truly reflect' Australia nationally in relation to NRL, and secondly, how does its obvious police links in any way relate to the NRL (or any sport, for that matter)?

And yeah, I get the jokes about how many players get arrested, ect, every year, and about the whole 'Australia's becoming a police state' thing, but seriously, there is no direct reason why the NRL Premiers rings needs to purposely be linked to the police.
Surely it was sarcasm? If it represented nrls presence it would be 3/4’s of a ring!

ParraEelsNRL

Referee

Dear me, looks like I'm the one that has to point out the obvious.

I think James Mason was a good actor as well.

Mark B

Juniors
Fuller, is a bitch of the highest order. He will sell his soul to keep himself relevant. No doubt he will front the “integrity“ of the game mantra as his new role. He will retain his super until 60 whilst earning whatever the NRL pay him to be the “face” of integrity” of the NRL. Win win for him. Makes me sick!

Maybe next year the NSW-centric NRL can ask Gladbags to design a ring.

The ring can be shaped as a gold standard plated paper shredder.

Latest posts