What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Residents

girvie

Staff member
The NSW Residents team plays before the 2nd State of Origin match along with the NSW U18s.

It will be interesting to see who gets selected in the side.

I think the top 4 NSW Cup sides will all have a few in the side.

Possibly:
Jaiman Lowe, Ryan Verlinden, Nathanael Barnes from North Sydney.
James Maloney, Jeremy Latimore from Wentworthville
Mickey Paea and Byron Ford from Newtown
Jeff Robson from Manly.
Also Corey Vlaciky from Western Suburbs.

Who else do you think should be selected?

Big Mick

Referee
Good to see Corey getting recognition. Always been a fan of his.

Any chance of Hutch Maiava gettin a run?

roopy

Referee
Someone might throw Luke Walsh a bone.
Poor kid has been playing a lone hand for CNK.

yappy

Bench
Vlaciky should be a cert. He's been huge for us. Gallant should also be seriously considered at the back. As a real smokey they could do a lot worse than give Daine Laurie a run off the bench. Reported to have had a huge game against the Vulcans. Make big yards, big hits and scores trys.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Corey is tops. I was spewing when I had heard the Dogs let him go. I enjoyed watching him play and thought he wasn't far off getting a start in FG.

yappy

Bench
The way the doggies are going with form and injuries this year I have no doubt he'd be playing Firsts if he was still there. Thanks for him, and for Cuts too.

Dogaholic

First Grade
How is cuts going actually?

Cuts was always a standout in PL, could never make the jump though.

yappy

Bench
Going good. Missed the Vulcans game through illness but he and Nathan are developing into a good halves combo. Scoring plenty of tries and setting them up for others.

roopy

Referee
Bloody odd that a Kurri Kurri winger who can't make the Newcastle rep side except as a late reserve makes NSW residents.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
The team is:

Fullback
Shaun Foley
Newtown Jets
Wing
Byron Ford
Newtown Jets
Centre
Brett Anderson
Central Coast Storm
Centre
Beau Ryan
Western Suburbs Magpies
Wing
Daniel Stuart
Kurri Kurri
Five Eighth
Ben Rogers
North Sydney Bears
Halfback
James Maloney
Wentworthville
Lock Forward
Jason Wells
Manly Sea Eagles
Second Row
Mickey Paea
Newtown Jets
Second Row
Todd Lowrie
Wentworthville
Prop Forward
Scott Geddes
North Sydney Bears
Hooker
Stuart Flanagan
Western Suburbs Magpies
Prop Forward
Jeremy Latimore
Wentworthville
Interchange
Charlie Herekotukutuku
North Sydney Bears

Jon Green
Shellharbour Marlins

Paul Stephenson
Cronulla Cobras

Ryan Verlinden
North Sydney Bears
18TH MAN
Geoff Daniela
Windsor Wolves

girvie

Staff member
Bloody odd that a Kurri Kurri winger who can't make the Newcastle rep side except as a late reserve makes NSW residents.
Each year they always pick a player from NSW Country and one from the Jim Beam Cup.

I think it's a pretty ordinary idea. They could atleast pick someone from an area that's not represented in the NSW Cup.

I feel a bit sorry for Nathanael Barnes from Norths. He's the leading NSW Cup tryscorer with 13 tries and some guy who can't make the Knights team is selected ahead of him.

girvie

Staff member
I think there is some ordinary selection in the team.

Foley and Geddes have been injured most of the year.

Brett Anderson has only played a few games in the NSW Cup after coming down from the Qld Cup.

Rogers, Ryan, Lowrie and Stephenson have all spent as much time in the Nrl as they have in NSW cup. I don't mind if players have played a couple of Nrl games but i'd prefer to see guys selected who've played the majority of NSW Cup games.

The Colonel

Immortal
Lowrie has only played three times in the NRL this year girvs. Still unusual he gets a run - Brod Wright, Brett Blaker and Joe Galuvao have played better than he has.

girvie

Staff member
Geddes, Anderson, Ryan and Paea all played Nrl this weekend, so are they out of the match?

If they are out then Daniela would start in the backs and 3 new players brought in.

2 True Blues

Coach
I think there is some ordinary selection in the team.

Foley and Geddes have been injured most of the year.

Brett Anderson has only played a few games in the NSW Cup after coming down from the Qld Cup.

Rogers, Ryan, Lowrie and Stephenson have all spent as much time in the Nrl as they have in NSW cup. I don't mind if players have played a couple of Nrl games but i'd prefer to see guys selected who've played the majority of NSW Cup games.

Foley for the jets has been out all the season mate. :lol:

Fatdog

Juniors
I have heard that the resident game is on FOX2 live at 6pm tonight. Has any one else heard this. Austars online TV guide has QLD cup on at that time.

girvie

Staff member
Thanks for that tip i will check that out. It would be great if that's true.

Latest posts