What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW state of origin team 2010

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
This thread is the exact reason why NSW have lost 4 in a row, NSW finally picked the right side for SOO3 and we belted them! If we stick to a very similar side with a few additions such as B.Morris and T.Carney etc, we will win the series easy.

Smartest thing ive read in here. Stick with last years game 3 team. Add to that Morris because hes just a machine (instead of Wolfman), put Carney on the bench to blood him as a half or 5/8 for the next year (replace Gidley) and obviously Weyman back in for Perry. Also add Bird somewhere imo because I just think he has to be there.

People calling for Pearce or any other young halves combination, you obviously have short memories. Remember game 1 last year? Campese and Wallace? That went down well didnt it?

as above, my thoughts exactly. only small changes needed from last years 3rd game (barring injuries). Brett Morris has to be there somewhere, and I'd push hayne to fullback & gidley off the bench. Kimmorley is still our best half for SOO imo.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. B. Morris
3. Tahu
4. J. Morris
5. Merritt
6. Anasta
7. Soward
8. Weyman
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Watmough
12. Creagh
13. Bird

14. Carney
15. Campese
16. O'Donnell
17. Waterhouse

Mate, deadset how long have you watched Rugby League for (if at all)? You have two halves on the bench which means there are four all up in your team. Then you have no props on the bench. Are you expecting Galloway and Weyman to play the full 80 in the hardest and fastest rugby league played anywhere in the world? That team would lose 50-0 in all three games. I think we have found a worse selector than Laurie Daley.

big pat

Coach
actually i got to merritt, and couldn't read anymore,and even though i don't like that nit picking grub ennis, he has to be the starting rake.

Dragonstyle

Juniors
I think we need grubs like Ennis and Gallen in the side somewhere, on the bench to come and and stirr up the cane toads

1. J.Hayne
2. A.Minichiello
3. M.Jennings
4. J.Morris
5. B.Morris
6. T.Barrett (c)
7. B.Kimmorley
8. M.Weyman
9. M.Ennis
10. B.White
11. A.Watmough
12. B.Creagh
13. L.O'Donnell

14. T.Carney
15. T.Waterhouse
16. B.Cross
17. T.Learoyd-Lahrs

This guy called Greg Bird sh*t then puts Barrett in at 5/8 HAHAHA

j0nesy

Bench
You won't win the series easily.. or at all..

The only thing that brings NSW back into would be injuries to QLD players.

Otherwise it's going to be 5 in a row.

Getting a bit cocky there Mong. Reminds of when NSW used have all the class and us New South Welshman thought we could have picked 2 teams to beat QLD. Only for QLD to slog it out and beat us in the grind.

nrlnrl

First Grade
This is what I think they'll pick ( barring injuries / suspensions ) :

1. Gidley
2. Hayne
3. Lyon
4. Jennings
5. B.Morris
6. Bird
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Perry
11. Watmough
12. G.Stewart
13. Gallen
Interchange
14. Lewis
15. Creagh
16. Waterhouse
17. B.Cross

saint-colesy

Juniors
Some god awful teams in here.

I think the selectors will go with this.
1. Gidley (c)
2. B. Morris
3. J. Morris
4. J. Lyon
5. J. Hayne
6. T. Carney
7. M. Pierce
8. M. Weyman
9. M. Ennis
10. A. Tolman
11. A. Watmough
12. P. Gallen
13. G. Bird
-----------------
14. L. Lewis
15. T. Leyrod-lars
16. J. Poore
17. W. Mason

I think that this is something that selectors need to take in account. If they play Hayne at fullback they need to make sure that the players in the halves are less creative. I think they can live with a creative hooker. So that means that we would need a half combination of Kimmorley and Barrett. If Gidley or someone like that played there we would be able to go with something along the lines of Pearce and Soward/Campese. I think though that you can't have two dominant halves so if Pearce plays than Soward or Campese doesn't some with the other way around.

j0nesy

Bench
Too many nancy boys in that team colesy ;-)

1. Carney
2. Morris
3. Lawrence
4. Cooper
5. Hayne
6. Barrett
7. Pearce (almost stuck with Kimmorely)
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Tolman
11. Laffranchi
12. O'Donnell
13. Gallen

14. Lewis
15. Creagh
16. Waterhouse
17. Douglas (or White if fit)

DubaiSaint

Juniors
1. J.Hayne
2. A.Minichiello
3. M.Jennings
4. J.Morris
5. B.Morris
6. T.Barrett (c)
7. B.Kimmorley
8. M.Weyman
9. M.Ennis
10. B.White
11. A.Watmough
12. B.Creagh
13. L.O'Donnell

14. T.Carney
15. T.Waterhouse
16. B.Cross
17. T.Learoyd-Lahrs

I looked at that side and thought, geez... havent some of these guys retired!

But on looking again, I think you can't under estimate experience in Origin.

Minichello, Waterhouse, O'Donnell, Barrett and Kimmorley are old as the hills...

But then again, they may be the right side to do the job.

Taking this side, dump Kimmorley for Carney and bring a hard nut like Bird onto the bench.

As much as I am a Soward fan, I dont think he's origin material (yet) and its not his time.

saint-colesy

Juniors
lol f**k off Lukic.

That team is awful jonesy.

How the f**k can you pick Barrett, have you not watched a cronulla game all year?

O'Donnell and Gallen in the same side is a recipe for disaster.

Carney at fullback for Origin is just asking to lose. Plus there is no way in hell our captain from last season wont make the team.

Brett White hasnt played a game for Melbourne so far this year so he will find it near impossible to make the team.

Lawrence is so ridiculously over-rated its beyond a joke and they will never pick Cooper again.

cleary89

Coach
So who from us is going to get a run?

Boyd, Morris, Weyman, Creagh.

Who subs in? Stanley, Lett, Green and Costigan?

big pat

Coach
who gives a f**k about this sh*t, i woulkd rather watch a replay of the 77' grand final.

Latest posts