What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Supporters do you want to see Johns at 7 in game 2?

Johns v Kimmorley for origin 2

• Kimmorley is great! Give him another go!

Votes: 11 10.0%
  • Johns is the greatest player in the world, we need him. Pick him NOW!

Votes: 64 58.2%
  • Neither, choose someone else

Votes: 25 22.7%
  • I go for QLD. PICK KIMMORLEY PLEEEEEEASE! Please dont pick Johns...

Votes: 10 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Beaches Boy

Juniors
Kimmorley is a chocker! he can't handle it when he is under pressure. Every SOO game he has played in has been a shocker, its not like, last night was the first time. I think he has cracked under pressure for years, remember back to his Northern Eagles days when he was on 500K per year how he responded to the pressure he received from the media, Club Admin and demanding the Manly fans, it was the worst season of his career.

lotti

Bench
sullyfan said:
The game was really won and lost in the selection rooms. NSW going in with two props was insane. A few changes and Queensland will be brushed aside with ease.

I think Fittler and Johns should be a halves for Origin 2.
Freddy isn't playing footy anymore. Noddy barely earnt his pay check when he was with the Northern Eagles.

Doctor

Bench
ParraDude_Jay said:
Johns just said he's ready, and Gould backed him.

.... with a certain amount of sarcasm. I wonder if Gould has a say in the selection of the team. He didn't seem all that fussed by the idea of getting Johns back in again.

I think either way, Kimmorley has to be replaced. It wasn't a mixed performance in the slightest -- I think just about everything was ordinary last night; kicking, passing, tackling, whingeing.... his whole game. He did make some good tackles though -- but maybe I noticed because I was hanging out for a positive contribution from the halfback.

I'd like to see Johns, provided he's fit and capable. At the top of his game, few can match it with him. But, Gower or Orford would perform well too. Either of those three would be fine, just not Kimmorley.

yappy

Bench
I can't believe anyone is calling for Orf or Gower. Both are going ordinary in teams that are going ordinary. Over the last few years I've enjoyed watching Penrith and Melbourne more than most other teams, but they've both lost their way and the halves are contributing to the form loss. If Joey didn't break his jaw then maybe you'd look at him, but he did. Noddy is the form 7 in the comp and by far the best option for game 2 and should be there for game 3 as well unless he repeats last night.