What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Supporters do you want to see Johns at 7 in game 2?

Johns v Kimmorley for origin 2

• Kimmorley is great! Give him another go!

Votes: 11 10.0%
  • Johns is the greatest player in the world, we need him. Pick him NOW!

Votes: 64 58.2%
  • Neither, choose someone else

Votes: 25 22.7%
  • I go for QLD. PICK KIMMORLEY PLEEEEEEASE! Please dont pick Johns...

Votes: 10 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Broncodroid

Juniors
Please, bring back the former Australian captain and NSW halfback Andrew Johns...

Overlook form and go on "your hunch" for Origin 2 in the all important decider.

Surely

Post Whore
Yes Johns was playing so well when he returned from his last injury ... as you can see after he broke his jaw the knights failed to win a game.

Hang on they failed to win one before that too....

And some of you ass clowns want to throw him into origin 2.

Phillips

Referee
people want Johns back in origin because he has proven in the past that he can step up to that level, something Kimmorley simply cannot do.

i'd like to see Johns picked, otherwise Sherwin/Orford/Barrett for the #7 jersey

Surely

Post Whore
and then we can all take the doom and gloom glasses off and realise, before extra time NSW had scored 4 tries to 2, in 99.9% of games this would have got the side home.

Take out the ridiculous penalties given within kicking range, an arsy drop goal by thurston, the refs benefit of the doubt fiasco, where one side is given a try, the other isn't, and we wouldn't have gotten to extra time.

Then no one would be in here calling for the side to be changed.

gregstar

Referee
Surely said:
Yes Johns was playing so well when he returned from his last injury ... as you can see after he broke his jaw the knights failed to win a game.

Hang on they failed to win one before that too....

And some of you ass clowns want to throw him into origin 2.
do you think johns could have possibly played worse than kimmorely last night?
pffftt

gregstar

Referee
Surely said:
and then we can all take the doom and gloom glasses off and realise, before extra time NSW had scored 4 tries to 2, in 99.9% of games this would have got the side home.

Take out the ridiculous penalties given within kicking range, an arsy drop goal by thurston, the refs benefit of the doubt fiasco, where one side is given a try, the other isn't, and we wouldn't have gotten to extra time.

Then no one would be in here calling for the side to be changed.
the second half revival had f*ck all to do with kimmorely (apart from one pass)
it is amazing nsw came back given how appalling their kicking game was & how little their halfback passed the f*cking ball.

Surely

Post Whore
yes i do , and if you want to think about intercepts, Johns throws them too.

I don't care which half you are talking about, the forwards were very ordinary early on, no go forward at all. Makes it hard for a 7.

Barrett while having a better game than kimmorely, was nowhere near his best behind that pack either.

The pack has the talent, there is no doubting that, if it was up to me i would make no changes for the 2nd game.

gregstar

Referee
Surely said:
I don't care which half you are talking about, the forwards were very ordinary early on, no go forward at all. Makes it hard for a 7.
can you remember why the forwards were ordinary?
who's kicking game continually allowed queensland both good field position at set starts and no pressure whatsoever? subsequently the forwards had to tackle their rings off & used up sh*tloads of fuel doing so.

the_eel

Juniors
Kimmorley was disgraceful. Win, lose or draw I would have still come on here today and bagged him! I sat and watched the game with a room full of other blues supporters and we could not believe how crap he was playing....ALL NIGHT!

I know Johns is underdone and there are other viable options but I say give him the jersey. He'll lift for that game and no matter what happens, he couldn't play any worse than Kimmorley did last night.

gregstar

Referee
with the skill in the nsw backline - the selectors need only find someone who can pass the ball & do nothing else!
barrett can kick & feed the centres - provided the halfback gives him the ball!
even ben kusto can do that

wittyfan

Referee
Red V said:
How do u expect someone who plays for a club that has never won a Grand Final, to perform at SOO, absolultley disgraceful.

I think all players who have never played in a winning Grand Final should never play Origin.

Your insightful posts leave me bedazzled, Red V.

wittyfan

Referee
The game was really won and lost in the selection rooms. NSW going in with two props was insane. A few changes and Queensland will be brushed aside with ease.

I think Fittler and Johns should be a halves for Origin 2.

Hindyscrack

Bench
People arent just judging kimmorley on last night, but his other 5 games he has played. He is not cut out for it, he is not an origin player. Hence why NSW didnt pick him when we were in injury crisis last year.

He was a major part of the reason we were 19-0 down at half time. (Simpkins and Video Ref ehlped that)

yappy

Bench
Noddy had a dodgy night, but really the game was lost in the selection room. Qld's big units murdered us up the middle for the first 60 minutes of the game. Price and Petro were awesome and they had plenty good support from Thorn, Webb and even Ross who made some telling hit ups. By contrast Ryles and Bailey didn't make anything like the same impact consistently. Yes the grand plan of running over the top of them late in the game did come true, but they were too far behind. Just a simple move to add a big hard man on the bench would have got NSW home I reckon. Young Watmough barely got on - what a waste (note to Ricky - what's the point of selecting all these second rowers only to discover in the actual game you've got no way to use em?). Having a unit that would have at least let us hold the Maroons in the middle of the park was what was required. Said before the game and continue to say that Ryan should be the one to make way - didn't have a bad game, but is in ordinary form and wasn't near the other backrowers in the side (ex Watmough who deserved more chances to impress).

Fix that and leave everything else alone. Noddy won't have another game that bad for a decade.

knights 2004

Juniors
remember a few years back when johns came back from injury and played off the bench?

he came on and carved it.

id like to see him in halfback but with only the short amount of game time he will get between now and game 2....

perhaps he'll come off the bench?

then they will take kimmorley off in about the 3rd minute and johns will play half......

Isurus

Juniors
Noddy had a shocker, no doubt about it.
If Johns is picked, lets hope he can do a bit more than the reserve grade stuff he was producing for the Knights before his broken jaw.
The following players should also go based on last nights performance - Ryles, Simpson, Ryan and Watmough and possibly Cooper. I know the backs didn't get much of an opportunity, but atleast Gasnier and the wingers actually went looking for a bit of work!!

Kid

Juniors
I just want to give a rap to Ben Kennedy, he was outstanding last night, and i hope he stays injury free for the rest of the series. On the 1/2 back issue, Joeys form was coming good against the Warriors, can he reproduce it in his limited time to impress selectors? I hope so. Bet he is wishing the Knights were playing this weekend now.

Latest posts