What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2014

natheel

Coach
No to Hoppa as a replacement......his defence last night was ordinary

Hoppa on the wing would be fine though. He's fine in attack. But i wouldn't put Wighton there either as many have suggested in here. Though Beau Scott did a reasonable job when Morris came off and could handle inglis well

BranVan3000

Coach
Laurie tried the bizarre but effective tactic of actually playing players in their club positions, and it worked! Who would have thought.

But yeah... Beau Scott at center, and chuck Fifita on the wing

Joely01

Bench
My side for game 2, will probably change quite a few times.

1. Hayne
2. Tupou
3. Jennings (needs to lift, get around the ruck a bit more)
4. Hopoate
5. Mansour
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson
8. Tamou
9. Farah
10. Woods
11. Bird
12. Scott
13. Gallen

14. Lewis
15. Fifita
16. Williams (Watmough would be first choice depending on his injury)
17. Merrin

mxlegend99

Referee
Hoppa can't be in the team when he was shown up by a couple of fringe first graders. Yeo is only in the team when Idris isn't available, and Peachey as promising as he is has been considered a fringe first grader at Penrith aswell. Having missed selection with full strength forward packs.

Not that they're bad players, but if he struggles against players with such little experience as they had, he's just not going to be cut out for marking Greg Inglis. We might be best off using Luke Lewis at centre... but then you're stuck with keeping Hoffman and/or T-Rex, so it's just weakening another position.

These Morris injuries are going to be very difficult to cover.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Wee Waa is in NSW, calling the inner blue in you, put Tafau outside him, bozo, do sometime for once.

Plus Qlders would be tin foil hatting.

Joely01

Bench
Hoppa has one ordinary game and everyone calls for his head?

Hoppa is pure class and won't let anyone down. He had a niggling injury on Friday night, which can explain why he wasn't at his best. I'm sure on Friday night he will be back to his class, I think he will be up against Tate?

Spot On

Coach

Hoppa is pure class and won't let anyone down. He had a niggling injury on Friday night, which can explain why he wasn't at his best. I'm sure on Friday night he will be back to his class, I think he will be up against Tate?

The bloke himself is admitting he's not there yet. We could always throw him to the wolves and then let everyone call for his head. No one is questioning the blokes skill. He's a gun. But he looks like he lacks the pace and strength needed to compete week in week out atm. You can't blame him either. He'll either be wearing the Blue jersey in future years or at the very least keeping the incumbents very honest.

Jason Maher

Immortal
So f**king annoying. The selectors/coach finalky have a brain wave and put the Morris boys together, and they both pick up serious injuries.

Joely01

Bench
The bloke himself is admitting he's not there yet. We could always throw him to the wolves and then let everyone call for his head. No one is questioning the blokes skill. He's a gun. But he looks like he lacks the pace and strength needed to compete week in week out atm. You can't blame him either. He'll either be wearing the Blue jersey in future years or at the very least keeping the incumbents very honest.

He has been very good this year, improving every game.
He is way too genuine to give himself a rap, of course he will say things like I'm not at my best yet, I need to improve on things....
He will not let NSW down in the centres for game 2

Sujskiez

Juniors
Why not put T-rex in the centers to mark inglis he did a good job in game 1 when helped out the right side of the field making sure inglis doesn't do anything i think that was daleys choice for picking T-rex in the squad to make him mark Inglis

nick87

Coach
Why not put T-rex in the centers to mark inglis he did a good job in game 1 when helped out the right side of the field making sure inglis doesn't do anything i think that was daleys choice for picking T-rex in the squad to make him mark Inglis

Serious?

Dufmack

Juniors

I've watched hoppa all year and while he has been solid in defense (except on friday) and distributing the ball to the wing in attack, he just hasn't got his pace back. Every time he is in a hole he gets rounded up instantly. Give him another year I reckon.

Spot On

Coach
He has been very good this year, improving every game.
He is way too genuine to give himself a rap, of course he will say things like I'm not at my best yet, I need to improve on things....
He will not let NSW down in the centres for game 2

Never said he wasn't playing well. He's a class player. Silky hands to boot.

So you are saying he is in fact at his very best now????

You know he doesn't have to come out and tell everyone he's a superstar the like of which we've never seen but I'd hope he was genuine enough tell the selectors he isn't yet at the level required to play in an origin match with the shear verocity, intensity and physicality like we saw the other night if in fact he feels that way. I don't think he's anywhere near being as strong and fast as he was when he left the game.

If he gets a start then I wish him all the best. However, I'd be surprised if Lozza didn't have reservations about giving him a start in game 2. That said, who does he go with??

I know Kane Linnett is a left centre but I reckon we could do a lot worse than him and not too much better. Other left side centres include J. Croker and J. Leilua. Who else do we have to fill the vacant position???? Chris Lawrence????

Last edited:

Joely01

Bench
I've watched hoppa all year and while he has been solid in defense (except on friday) and distributing the ball to the wing in attack, he just hasn't got his pace back. Every time he is in a hole he gets rounded up instantly. Give him another year I reckon.

He would be quicker than Hodges....
It's not like he is as slow as a prop, he still has a bit of speed behind him

Joely01

Bench
Never said he wasn't playing well. He's a class player. Silky hands to boot.

So you are saying he is in fact at his very best now????

You know he doesn't have to come out and tell everyone he's a superstar the like of which we've never seen but I'd hope he was genuine enough tell the selectors he isn't yet at the level required to play in an origin match with the shear verocity, intensity and physicality like we saw the other night if in fact he feels that way. I don't think he's anywhere near being as strong and fast as he was when he left the game.

If he gets a start then I wish him all the best. However, I'd be surprised if Lozza didn't have reservations about giving him a start in game 2. That said, who does he go with??

I know Kane Linnett is a left centre but I reckon we could do a lot worse than him and not too much better. Other left side centres include J. Croker and J. Leilua. Who else do we have to fill the vacant position???? Chris Lawrence????

I'm not saying he is at his best yet at all, all I'm saying is he will do the job for the blues.

If Laurie had reservations about him he wouldn't have named him back up for the backs in game 1.

He would be quicker than Hodges....
It's not like he is as slow as a prop, he still has a bit of speed behind him

As a NSW fan, a football fan and a human I must say Hodges is so far ahead of Hoppa it makes this one of worst comparisons i've ever ever seen

Latest posts