NSW Team 2014

Discussion in 'State of Origin and other State Leagues' started by Yosh, Jul 6, 2013.

1. big hit!

big hit! Bench

Tafua, Richards, Mansour, Idris.......any other exclusive left-sided backs that folks want to put forward for the NSW right-side?

Not many other boys other than the Morris twins in NSW that I'd have confidence in swapping sides and that's because they've got several years of experience in doing so. All the above have virtually none, nothing, zilch, nada. They'll be flat footed and caught like deers in headlights sliding the other way.

Considering QLD got past the Morris' twice and Brett managed to put himself between the in-goal and the ball on the third, then good luck for those above who are used to moving and tackling the other way to stop Thurston/Inglis/Boyd come rolling down that side.

2. big hit!

big hit! Bench

With that reasoning, QLD will drop Thurston because he was the reason Hayne was able to lay on and score two tries and basically gift NSW the game.

Scott started slow and it can be said that he has a weakness when the QLD had space, but f**k me, just about every other player in the world is going to be at a disadvantage when a combination of players of the ilk of Slater, Inglis, & Thurston have a bit of space and are coming towards them.

he was immense in keeping that right side strong in the final 20 minutes.

3. Slackboy72

Slackboy72 First Grade

Scott was MotM for mine.
    Did anyone remember what Greg Inglis did?
    No?
    Beau Scott is why.

4. Joker's Wild

Joker's Wild Coach

Stop talking sense

B0w sK0D wAz BAd, hE m1ZZd t00 tkl3z. DroP hum nOW!!!!!!

5. mxlegend99

mxlegend99 Coach

1. Hayne
    2. Tupou
    3. Jennings
    4. Wighton / Walker (Shame Idris wouldn't be available)
    5. Mansour / Taufua
    6. Reynolds
    7. Hodkinson
    8. Tamou
    9. Farah
    10. Woods
    11. Bird
    12. Scott
    13. Gallen (c)

14. Fifita
    15. Merrin
    16. Lewis
    17. Jackson

Either of the Morris boys being fit, come straight back in.
    Hoffman... can piss off. Likewise with T-Rex.
    Such a shame Watmough and Cordner aren't fit to replace Jackson and Scott. But I'll take those guys over Hoffman and T-Rex who are pretty much invisible.

The backline is going to be pretty weak no matter who we select. So I'd go for tougher style players like Wighton and Mansour. Be about the closest to matching the physicality the Morris boys have played with. Plus Mansour will be great at making metres for the Blues. Also looks to have learned to catch recently.

6. chrisD

chrisD Coach

Mansour really hasn't been exclusively left.

7. watatank

watatank Coach

Neither has Idris for that matter. Actually he's more of a right sided player. Not that he will be playing footy for a while, I suppose

8. MacDougall

MacDougall First Grade

Joey Leilua for Josh
    Uate for Brett

Leilua is every bit an Origin centre and a complete prick that QLD will hate playing against. Uate is Uate. Problem solved.

9. Twatface Magee

Twatface Magee Bench

[​IMG]

10. TheManBearPig

TheManBearPig Juniors

Nice try.

Thurston, unlike Scott, has proven himself countless times in Origin and has earned the right to have a rare shit game.

It wasn't Scott running in on one leg to stop a LB by GI in the final 20 which came from a piss poor arm grab tackle. It was Josh Morris who mostly contained Inglis, not Scott, as has been the case for the past 2 series.

Name me one SOO game where Scott hasn't been a liability. His last Origin game, in G3 of 2012 was a disgrace.

Scott made 18 tackles, missed 4 (1 resulted in a try and and the others led to LBs). I could live with that if they were good attempts but that was not the case. All 4 were piss weak arm grabs.

He has never performed at Origin level and anyone who has him in their team for Game 2 is either a Newcastle fan or just a moron/QLDer.

11. TheManBearPig

TheManBearPig Juniors

Another spastic who was clearly off his face before the game even started.

12. DOGS AND EELS!!!

DOGS AND EELS!!! Bench

When did you start watching footy? Jamal idrIs has played most of his career on the right side. He made his origin debut on the right side and scored a try.

13. TheFrog

TheFrog Coach

The Mighty Penrith Panthers, third in the competition and rising, are pleased to have been able to contribute something to this year's State Of Origin Series, even if it's just to demonstrate that Hoppa is a dud.

14. soc123_au

soc123_au Coach

Wighton in for J Morris
    Mick Gordon in for B Morris

Gordon also takes over the goal kicking. I am surprised Umina Panther is the only one who has thrown Gordon's name up.

15. umina panther

umina panther Coach

Gordon has also been there before and he did okay

16. soc123_au

soc123_au Coach

He would have had at least 2 tries as well if he didnt have Handbrake Beau Scott playing centre in that game. Defensively he is fine, he brings the ball back well on kick returns, safe under the high ball & has good sense in positioning himself. It's a no brainer in my opinion. If we were looking at building a team etc his age is a factor. But in this case we just need to win now. He can help do that. Morris comes back next year or one of the younger ones if Morris is out of form or injured again.

17. mrpwnd

mrpwnd Bench

Can't really blame Hoppa for last nights performance. Even GI would've looked out of it playing with a team that never showed up + having Justin Hunt playing outside of him.

18. DOGS AND EELS!!!

DOGS AND EELS!!! Bench

Hayne is the Eels. Almosy every team has a star fullback and they usually have a massive say on how well the teams attack goes.

Eels - Hayne
    Manly - stewart
    Dragons - Dugan
    Tigers - Tedesco
    Panthers - Moylan
    Souths - Inglis
    Storm - Slater
    Broncos - Barba
    Titans - Mead
    Raiders - Milford
    Warriors - Tomkins
    Roosters - RTS

Bulldogs don't have one, that's why they're so forward orientated
    Cowboys have JT
    Sharks none
    Knights none

It's just unfortunate for the eels that Hayne has more of a say on his team than any other fullback in the game. Cant believe that Brad Arthur didn't move Hoppa to fullback but maybe it's because Tonga wasn't playing.

Last edited: May 31, 2014
  19. big hit!

big hit! Bench

i'll take your word for it. i lived in denmark from 2009-2011. the only games I watched in those three seasons were origins and finals.

was that the game he came in on a QLD player and then left a 2-man overlap outside him, and generally seemed lazy when the ball wasn't in his hands? i remember those little things.

i'm assuming he isn't being considered now anyway.

20. DOGS AND EELS!!!

DOGS AND EELS!!! Bench

Fair enough. Yep he had to make an all or nothing play, Hayne was caught out of position and there was a 3-1 overlap. Idris put all his bread into 1 basket and came up on Dave Taylor.