What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2014

Jamal Idris should be there. He's never had a problem with tackling in his career, problem was his decision making in defense which has improved out of sight in the last two years. We already know he can cause damage in attack at SOO, that 40 minutes he played proved that already. Josh Morris has done a good job on Inglis in the past 2 years but he should move over to his favored left side and leave him to Idris. Also let's not forget his ariel talents and if Mullen gets selected that could really cause QLD some problems.

Noname36

First Grade
My only problem with Idris is his speed in defense (or lack there of). shouldn't be a problem if he's marking Hodges though I suppose.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Idris is like a mack truck doing a u-turn. If his opposite number has some space outside him they will generally burn him for speed

chrisD

Coach
If Idris is selected it should be in the back row. And I don't think he'd do a worse job there than Cordner or Scott, would probably cause more damage than our front row.

Joker's Wild

Coach
If Idris is selected it should be in the back row. And I don't think he'd do a worse job there than Cordner or Scott, would probably cause more damage than our front row.

Really? I dont think there is a place for him in front of the eleventybillion backrowers NSW has to choose from, Scott and Cordner included.

He is not used to defending there and would be even more of a liability than at centre

chrisD

Coach
Like practically every centre he's often defending 3 in with a half hiding outside him. He hasn't been running around anyone or even taken advantage of space out wide for us, he's done his best work crashing into set defensive lines, even the NFL pass try he set up in CvC came from him in the middle.

Morris will better use the space a centre should get.

kokz2014

Juniors
I'm not sure what u on but putting hayne on the wing is like having hayne not playing at all. It is simply wasting his skills on the wing put him in fb or in the centre againt inglis now that would be a play to watch where hayne and inglis go against each other
You should watch footy more mate especially SOO! I've seen Idris when he was at the doggies man handled Iglis. Hayne played on the wing many times and still delivered the goods. There is no way Dugan will be overlooked. Either they push Hayne to centre and get a new winger or put big Idris in. No problem with Idris being centre taking on Iglis.

Like practically every centre he's often defending 3 in with a half hiding outside him. He hasn't been running around anyone or even taken advantage of space out wide for us, he's done his best work crashing into set defensive lines, even the NFL pass try he set up in CvC came from him in the middle.

Morris will better use the space a centre should get.

which he won't with.

Murf

Juniors
I think most of these teams are pretty on the money.
1. Hayne- he is our best god damn player, put him in the most important position
2. Taufau- he's been the best winger over the last few years in the NRL
3. Jennings- Idris if not fit
4. Morris- I'd switch him to join Brett if Idris comes in so the biggest human in the world can look after Inglis
5. Morris
6. Mullen- he's the best half in NSW
7. Pearce- I think Mullen/Carney is our best chance of winning a series but hey who needs that
8. Woods- big ticker, better off starting
9. Farah
10. Tamou
11. Lewis
12. Bird
13. Gallen
14. Cordner
15. Merrin
16. Fafita
17. Watmong

We haven't been far from QLD for the last two years. With a half that knows what they're doing, Hayne at the back and no wasted spots on the bench as well as the big 3 ageing we'll be a shot. Decider in QLD is going to take a big game from one of our halves and Pearce, Maloney, Reynolds, Reynolds can't offer that at this level.

Considering that Pearce will be selected, this is the best team that NSW can put together. This team will win.

Fordy20

Juniors
the selectors usually come out with atleast one doozy, GIDLEY FOR SECOND ROW!

If he has to be in the side, second row would be where he would cause the least amount of hindrance to the side. His efforts at hooker and fullback have been diabolical.

kokz2014

Juniors
IF you have Dugan at 1 over Hayne you need to watch more SOO.
Of course Hayne would get the nod over Dugan. But you're missing the point too. Dugan is a weapon NSW need. Having both Dugan and Hayne in the same team would ideally deliver the SOO series home. Don't mention it Mate I have been following SOO!!

natheel

Coach
Of course Hayne would get the nod over Dugan. But you're missing the point too. Dugan is a weapon NSW need. Having both Dugan and Hayne in the same team would ideally deliver the SOO series home. Don't mention it Mate I have been following SOO!!

Then you are leaving out another possible x-factor in Jennings. I'd prefer Hayne and Jennings than Dugan to be honest

MacDougall

First Grade
Pick your best players in their best spots imo.

1. Hayne
2. Tupou
3. Jennings
4. J Morris
5. B Morris
6. Mullen
7. Hodkinson
8. Tamou
9. Farah
10. Fifita
11. Bird
12. Scott
13. Gallen
14. Watmough
15. Merrin
16. Woods
17. Idris

Only ones that gave me much trouble were Woods and Idris. I don't think Woods is suited to Origin at all and I definitely don't think he's suited to the bench but there are barely any props putting their hand up for it. I thought Klemmer looked suited to the type of football but he's just too young. On that note there is really no other forward sticking their hand up for a four bench spot so you either use that for a utility or an impact player and I think Idris as impact makes more sense than a Reynolds or Gidley type.

Hodkinson was an easy selection and that his name isn't in the mix is idiotic. He's been awesome this year passing, kicking and I've even seen him do good things running it and he ticks the box for goal kicking which Pearce doesn't. But we know Pearce gets selected.

Latest posts