What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team 2017

OldPanther

Coach

Yes. His ball playing stats are above them (try/linebreak assists). Combined with either Pearce or Maloney who are better running halves (I'd prefer Maloney) it would be a good halves combination in my opinion. We will have the better forward pack to give him time and a reasonable backline to take advantage of his very good passing game.

Fortytwenty4020

Juniors
Pearce will be picked and he's our best option. We need someone to organise the forwards to create space for our backs. If he does that, I'm happy.

If Pearce has Cords and Hayne on his left, he just needs to run plays and give Hayne and Teddy good ball, that's it. Maloney can link with the right side.

I also believe Pearce's team mate Cords will be cap. With no Gallen and Bird, Pearce will have a lot more control.

Unfortunately I don't think Farah is the best choice. I'd rather see Pearce organise and feed the forwards and get quick ball from dummy half all game.

Maloney must be our kicker Close to the line, Pearce can't grubber, but Maloney can.

The last thing we need is Maloney playing out of position and Moylan/Hayne mucking around with the ball as first receiver. So Pearce it is.

OldPanther

Coach
Pearce will be picked and he's our best option. We need someone to organise the forwards to create space for our backs. If he does that, I'm happy.

If Pearce has Cords and Hayne on his left, he just needs to run plays and give Hayne and Teddy good ball, that's it. Maloney can link with the right side.

I also believe Pearce's team mate Cords will be cap. With no Gallen and Bird, Pearce will have a lot more control.

Unfortunately I don't think Farah is the best choice. I'd rather see Pearce organise and feed the forwards and get quick ball from dummy half all game.

Maloney must be our kicker Close to the line, Pearce can't grubber, but Maloney can.

The last thing we need is Maloney playing out of position and Moylan/Hayne mucking around with the ball as first receiver. So Pearce it is.

Maloney’s job won't change. Look at game 3 last year. He didn't suddenly flop because Moylan was at 6. They played well and we won. With Moylan doing very well.

The biggest advantage of Pearce/Maloney is their days together at the Roosters might allow for a good halves combination.

kbw

Bench
I certainly prefer Wallace over Farah, but I would prefer Peats, McGuinness or even Cooke.

Farah has been absolute shit except for his last game. He is not even the best hooker is a useless team.
If Farah gets picked NSW's changes of winning are almost 0

SBD82

Coach
I certainly prefer Wallace over Farah, but I would prefer Peats, McGuinness or even Cooke.

Farah has been absolute shit except for his last game. He is not even the best hooker is a useless team.
If Farah gets picked NSW's changes of winning are almost 0
You are correct.

At this stage I would be happy with anyone but farah.

Clifferd

Coach
LEAKED NSW TEAM LIST

1. James Tedesco
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Dugan
5. Blake Ferguson
6. James Maloney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10. Andrew Fifita
11. Boyd Cordner (c)
12. Josh Jackson
13. Trent Merrin
14. Jack Bird
15. David Klemmer
16. Tyson Frizell
17. Wade Graham
18. Paul Vaughan
19. Jake Trbojevic
20. James Tamou

big hit!

Bench

Maloney is a left-side half......always has been even when he played with Pearce at Roosters.

Pearce will run the right-side of the field and will have Jackson, Dugan & Ferguson outside him in attack with Teddy chiming in.

Don't need to get too hung up about the #6 or #7. If it's an open-side play starting on the left, Maloney will receive the ball before Pearce. If it's an open-side play originating from the right, Pearce will receive the ball before Maloney. Obviously, only one of them will be involved in short-side plays on their side (Maloney-left, Pearce-right) of the field.

OldPanther

Coach
LEAKED NSW TEAM LIST

1. James Tedesco
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Dugan
5. Blake Ferguson
6. James Maloney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10. Andrew Fifita
11. Boyd Cordner (c)
12. Josh Jackson
13. Trent Merrin
14. Jack Bird
15. David Klemmer
16. Tyson Frizell
17. Wade Graham
18. Paul Vaughan
19. Jake Trbojevic
20. James Tamou

Shitpost? I seriously doubt Merrin and Jackson are in the team.

big hit!

Bench
If Jackson is picked over Graham in the backrow we deserve to lose the series.

It's always been known that Graham wouldn't get a starting forward gig because he's competing against Cordner on the left. Jackson is a right forward. Other right forwards are Frizzell, Lewis, Scott, Hoffman, etc....just rattling of Blues right forwards of recent years. I agree with many that Lewis should get it. Frizell is just as adept in the middle as on the right edge.

MilkShark

First Grade
It's always been known that Graham wouldn't get a starting forward gig because he's competing against Cordner on the left. Jackson is a right forward. Other right forwards are Frizzell, Lewis, Scott, Hoffman, etc....just rattling of Blues right forwards of recent years. I agree with many that Lewis should get it. Frizell is just as adept in the middle as on the right edge.
You may have guessed it but I would have Graham over Cordner. He offers so much much more than Cordner.

LEAKED NSW TEAM LIST

1. James Tedesco
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Dugan
5. Blake Ferguson
6. James Maloney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10. Andrew Fifita
11. Boyd Cordner (c)
12. Josh Jackson
13. Trent Merrin
14. Jack Bird
15. David Klemmer
16. Tyson Frizell
17. Wade Graham
18. Paul Vaughan
19. Jake Trbojevic
20. James Tamou

Lol I really hope that is the team, I want to see QLD put a score on them.

adamkungl

Immortal
and no Bird?

re Jackson, he'll be there. the folks important in NSW origin absolutely love him.

merrin, well he's incumbent test middle forward....not beyond the realms of probability.

Bird is listed at 14
Which wouldn't surprise if Dugan is fit.

Jake Trbo is the real loser if thats the side, missing out to plods like Merrin Jackson and Woods. No doubt though those 3 are higher up the selectors pecking order unfortunately

SBD82

Coach
LEAKED NSW TEAM LIST

1. James Tedesco
2. Jarryd Hayne
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Dugan
5. Blake Ferguson
6. James Maloney
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10. Andrew Fifita
11. Boyd Cordner (c)
12. Josh Jackson
13. Trent Merrin
14. Jack Bird
15. David Klemmer
16. Tyson Frizell
17. Wade Graham
18. Paul Vaughan
19. Jake Trbojevic
20. James Tamou
Looks exactly as shit as I expected the nsw selectors to come up with.