What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team - way too early speculation

The same kinda thing Klemmer has done for years. Or J.trbo did when manly struggled. Ditto Frizzelle.
Plodding in a well beaten team each week isn't great origin prep
Lol Dogs haven’t been the best over the years but there forward pack was never weak, having gone to the Knights he’s playing alongside a fellow origin forward in the frontrow. Manly have had their hard times over the years but has it’s never been as close as how bad the broncos are.

T-Boon

Coach
I think it would be good for state if origin this year of Keary declared he is playing for Queensland if he is picked and then a big state "war" happens over him and ultimately he is determined eligible for Qld.
They are so hopeless this season and NSW so strong that this would be for the best.

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
I think it would be good for state of origin this year of Keary declared he is playing for Queensland if he is picked and then a big state "war" happens over him and ultimately he is determined eligible for Qld.
They are so hopeless this season and NSW so strong that this would be for the best.
He's eligible for either state but has indicated his allegiance to NSW, which you can't just change on a whim.

I think it would be good for state of origin this year of Keary declared he is playing for Queensland if he is picked and then a big state "war" happens over him and ultimately he is determined eligible for Qld.
This already happened, he was declared eligible for only NSW.

The_Frog

First Grade
Lol no, he was trying to play for qld for years and they wanted him but was deemed to be only eligible for NSW, which he has now accepted.
I'll take your word for that, but he lived in Qld until he was 10, playing for Ipswich Brothers, and then moved to NSW.

T-Boon

Coach
Yeah there was a decision made about his eligibility I think against his best wishes at the time. It was also at a time Qld was dominant so very different time. What I am saying is just go back on that. Change the rules again to benefit QLD.
It will probably be the right decision since he seemed to consider himself a Qlder and it will add to the hatred/rivalry and it will be a rare decent player that Qld will have. They will probably win with him so that will throw more fuel on the fire. The fire is necessary because Origin dies a bit when NSW dominates.

Yeah there was a decision made about his eligibility I think against his best wishes at the time. It was also at a time Qld was dominant so very different time. What I am saying is just go back on that. Change the rules again to benefit QLD.
It will probably be the right decision since he seemed to consider himself a Qlder and it will add to the hatred/rivalry and it will be a rare decent player that Qld will have. They will probably win with him so that will throw more fuel on the fire. The fire is necessary because Origin dies a bit when NSW dominates.
Qld look pretty good in the halves anyways tbh.

6. Munster
7. DCE

And that leaves a player like Morgan having to play elsewhere.

maple_69

Bench
Qld look pretty good in the halves anyways tbh.

6. Munster
7. DCE

And that leaves a player like Morgan having to play elsewhere.

Absolutely. QLD have a decent enough spine. Not as good as NSW's but the halves are the least of their worries (injuries withstanding). Adding Keary wouldn't change QLD's chances. I'd be fine if he played for QLD though.

gUt

Coach
Haven't really thought or read about your stupid side but if everyone was available I'd go

1. Tedesco
2. B Morris
3. Trbojevic
4. Mitchell
5. Addo-Carr
6. Wighton
7. Cleary
8. Haas
9. Koroisau/Cook
10. Klemmer
11. Cordner
12. Frizell
13. Radley/Murray

14. Cook/Koroisau
15. Vaughan
16. Murray/Radley
17. Trbojevic

f**k that's a good side.

Fangs

Coach
If only the selectors had the guts to sack old man Cordner and replace him with Yeo.

Big Jake my NSW captain.

The Friz

Juniors
Keary should never wear the Blue jumper. Had a big sook and wanted to a Qlder. Has no passion for the jumper, not the kind of bloke I want representing my state. If he can’t play for the 2 heads then he can just miss out for someone who grew up wanting to bleed blue.

The_Frog

First Grade
Big Jake my NSW captain.
Suspect Tedesco is next in line.

And Freddy isn't stupid. He'll take into account Cordner's durability vis a vis an Origin series played over 3 consecutive weeks. And Boyd really isn't an edge backrower anymore, even though he still plays in that position.