What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW Team - way too early speculation

Overlooked Jarrod Croker yet again it seems.

If they pick the error-ridden showpony fullback in the centres and not bothered to have a try-scoring, point-scoring, record holder who’s played the position over 10 years, is club captain and kicks goals...

It’ll be the worst selection (and non-selection) I can ever recall for the blues.

There’s always gonna be debate and opinion on who deserves selection, who doesn’t etc.. but this one for me is an out and out travesty.

The_Frog

First Grade
Papenheuzen, AddoCarr, Cleary are certainties. Yeo now very probable. Finucane likely as well even though he hasn't played much. That leaves two out of Martin, Crichton, Leota and Tamou.

Edit: Koroisau is fairly likely too.

Last edited:

isaiah

Bench

If they pick the error-ridden showpony fullback in the centres and not bothered to have a try-scoring, point-scoring, record holder who’s played the position over 10 years, is club captain and kicks goals...

It’ll be the worst selection (and non-selection) I can ever recall for the blues.

There’s always gonna be debate and opinion on who deserves selection, who doesn’t etc.. but this one for me is an out and out travesty.
I thought qld was light on for depth. You have some real nufties there.

myrrh ken

First Grade

Not even Canberra fans want Croker in the team.

Mind you, we are light on there. We are relying on wighton there. Crichton will be there.

I gotta say I'm not that excited about Cotric or tupou on the wing

greenBV4

Bench
I gotta say I'm not that excited about Cotric or tupou on the wing
Could end up with Papenhuyzen n the wing? I'd say everything depends on how the camp goes with an extended squad

But that would be a quick set of wingers if it did happen

myrrh ken

First Grade
Could end up with Papenhuyzen n the wing? I'd say everything depends on how the camp goes with an extended squad

But that would be a quick set of wingers if it did happen

Maybe but he's not a winger. Either King Gutho or him on the bench I'd say

Ted
Addo Carr
S Chrichton
Wighton
Cotric - I'd pick toops
Keary
Cleary
RCG
Cook
Haas
Frizell
Cordner
Turbo

Saifiti/ Paulo
Murray
A Crichton
Papa

Last edited:

Lol

Wut.

Spot On

Coach
Papenheuzen, AddoCarr, Cleary are certainties. Yeo now very probable. Finucane likely as well even though he hasn't played much. That leaves two out of Martin, Crichton, Leota and Tamou.

Edit: Koroisau is fairly likely too.

Tamou????

Surely f**king not.

Spot On

Coach

Good bait.

Freddy would not have devoted a seconds thought to him.

Wouldn't pick him for the local group mob.

Spot On

Coach
Maybe but he's not a winger. Either King Gutho or him on the bench I'd say

Ted
Addo Carr
S Chrichton
Wighton
Cotric - I'd pick toops
Keary
Cleary
RCG
Cook
Haas
Frizell
Cordner
Turbo

Saifiti/ Paulo
Murray
A Crichton
Papa

Edge backrow sucks tbh.

The_Frog

First Grade
Tamou????

Surely f**king not.
Probably right but his name's been mentioned and he's been playing well. Also a proven alternative leader if Cordner goes down, which isn't out of the question by any means. I'm not sure Tedesco is ready to be NSW captain and he's doubtful anyway.

Maybe yeo will pip Crichton or friz

Crichton very good in the latter stages of the season. Yeo outstanding all year. Frizzell didn't look interested, except for the last game.

Yeo is a lock these days. He is dangerous close to the ruck such as where he beat Cook and Nichols to put Edwards over in the final. If he doesn't get the 13 ahead of Jake he'll be better on the bench.

Last edited:

greenBV4

Bench
Wighton winning Dally M gives him a good chance at 6 you would think, especially if Freddy wants to take the "pride in the jersey" approach (which should take keary out of the picture)

myrrh ken

First Grade
Wighton winning Dally M gives him a good chance at 6 you would think, especially if Freddy wants to take the "pride in the jersey" approach (which should take keary out of the picture)
We have no centres. Our 2 best centres are fullback and five eighth, the next best is injured, then we have rookies.

Keary might not be a shoe in. Walker might be in with a shot

The_Frog

First Grade
If that were the case he wouldn't have been selected. Both are dangerous runners but Keary has been dangerous more regularly for longer.

greenBV4

Bench
If that were the case he wouldn't have been selected. Both are dangerous runners but Keary has been dangerous more regularly for longer.
Keary is likely the better choice, just doesnt sit right having someone who publicly stated he'd rather play for QLD in a pivotal role - if wighton remains in the centres I'd rather have Walker at 6

greenBV4

Bench
(likely fairly tipsy) Freddy: "Papi just won himself a start"

Listening to the following talk he likely meant squad position, but still

Latest posts