1. Round 10 Edition OUT NOW:

The Magic Round issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and NRL match programme for is out now!

A packed Magic Round issue looks ahead to the weekend at Suncorp, with more stories including an opinion piece on a recent court verdict, news from Victoria, and a chat to Knights' rookie Phoenix Crossland - plus the full match program for Round 10 of the NRL and teams & results for NSWRL, QRL and more.

VOLUME 2 ISSUE 10 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

NSW Team - way too early speculation

Discussion in 'State of Origin and other State Leagues' started by bluefox68, Jun 22, 2020.

1. aqua_duck

aqua_duck Coach

I like Crichton as he's an actual centre but wouldn't mind Lomax either if they decide to bring him into the squad

2. greenBV4

greenBV4 Juniors

He's small but tough, you know he made his melbourne debut last year coming of the bench into the forward pack? commentators were calling him the worlds smallest forward. I could see him easily fit into any of the outside-back positions, is great coverage for if god forbid teddy gets injured, and can come into the forwards as a burst of speed every now and then. (It seems bellamy is planning the same with Nicho Hynes coming off the bench this this week)

And he has gotten a fairly good wrap from Freddy in interviews and Freddy & the Eighth throughout the year

3. The_Frog

The_Frog Bench

There is no position on the field where NSW has such rich reserves of talent. Teddy getting injured would be like water off a duck's back.

4. myrrh ken

myrrh ken First Grade

So Kurt Gidley Mk II

5. The Friz

The Friz Juniors

Exactly.
    Publicly stated he wanted to play for Qld and not for NSW. Should have had a line put through his name from that day forth.

6. The_Frog

The_Frog Bench

I would say Cody Walker but he seems to have trouble keeping his head down.

7. Apey

Apey Moderator Staff Member

D. Saifiti, Lomax into the squad.

8. Homo man69

Homo man69 Juniors

Klemmer out WTF

9. The_Frog

The_Frog Bench

Did you see him just stand and watch while Souths scored the try that ended his side's season? Fittler would have.

10. King hit

King hit Coach

I don't think it's a bad call by Fittler. Saifiti is so much more mobile and fitter then Klemmer which works much better with the current rules. Saifiti also played very well last year so he has that backing him up.

11. Tweed Titan

Tweed Titan Juniors

I can assure you he can't play centre either. He is only semi-effective as a number 13 or edge forward

12. greenBV4

greenBV4 Juniors

Is this going to remain the main team thread as the actual squad is announced or am I missing that one

May be time for a name change if so, not exactly "way to early" anymore

Also correct me if I'm wrong but they seem to be announcing the players from each team that are in the squad as the teams are knocked out?

13. davi

davi Juniors

I've read the backstory to it according to Paul Kent. Klemmer wasn't selected in the second game last year after playing the first one. He apparently sulked about it for the rest of the series from then on after he returned for game 3. Fittler was concerned if Klemmer wasn't selected again in the first game he would repeat it again. And be a bad influence on the rest of the team.

King hit likes this.
  14. gordsy

gordsy Juniors

Well if Klemmer didn't make it hopefully RCG doesn't either. I read that interview with him about not liking the bubble, don;t know if he will do it or want to. Next, give it the jersey to someone who will have a go not a cry.

15. Lemon Squash

Lemon Squash First Grade

Publicly stated he considered himself a Queenslander and always supported QLD when he first came into grade and was in the emerging maroons.

Then a couple of seasons ago after he was told he was a Blue categorically by the rules did some background digging with QLD management to try and find a loophole in the rules to change his eligibility back to QLD.

Yes he is a gun and he will get picked and probably look good against what will be a very average QLD team but Origin is built on passion and genuine hatred. If I was coach I wouldn’t be picking him and as a fan I will find it hard to cheer for him.

The Friz, The_Frog, Reflector and 2 others like this.
  16. Spot On

Spot On Coach

Don't know if a short freshen up will help him, but Boyd Cordner was walking last night - again. He looked shot for most of the game.

That Roosters pack has looked very old, slow and tired the past month.

Shout out to Angus Chricton who has improved out of sight over this season though.

The_Frog likes this.
  17. The_Frog

The_Frog Bench

Frizzell and Trebojevic J were chosen on reputation. Cordner will be as well although he did play well for 40 minutes last week. That's our starting back row. And how many more? Bennett will be salivating profusely.

18. Spot On

Spot On Coach

Yep. Fitler has been in front of the game so far but any loyalty he may feel needs to be tempered with what his eyes have seen the past few months.

Old fockers won't keep up in Origin. They clearly aren't in semi final footy.

19. Smug Panther

Smug Panther Juniors

Jake is a total freak and one of the first picked for good reason

Jason Maher likes this.
  20. The_Frog

The_Frog Bench

Maybe they'll all fire up. But the question remains, why couldn't they do it at club level this year?