What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nutley firms for QLD Origin selection after Webke retirement

fizman

Bench
Maroubra Shark said:
Hey Pogo get off the BONGOS its not good for your brain.

Thats a bit harsh. POGO get off the YOGO.

I think Nutley deserves a crack at Origin.

pogo

Juniors
gday backflip.....i didnt run off and hide i actually had some very important work for a very important client.

nutley hey..........you guys all seem to be enamoured of him well thats fine.

we all have opinions on players and we dont always agree ......thats fine
too

its blatantly obvious he isnt in the top 10 props in the comp but due to his lack of size and height he seems to have a cult following!

as i have said a thousand times he tries his heart out but as bob fulton always said a good big man will always beat a good little man.

for the last time get the tapes out and tell me when he bends the defensive line, he had an important role under chris anderson and he did it well ( the dive/quick play the ball)

as for state of origin......IF he plays he will get smashed!!

nutley = overated!!

Dread

Juniors
A guy who averages eight metres per run, makes on average 17 hitups a game and 27 tackles a game, is rarely dominated in the tackle and can put a hit on a bloke a foot taller than him... over-rated?

No way. Nutley would be a great asset for QLD.

pogo

Juniors
geez i hope they pick nutley for soo

i havent laughed so much since my grandmother caught her tits in the wringer!!!

nutley at soo level rotflmao!!!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Captain Dread said:
nutley at soo level rotflmao!!!

You make a convincing argument.

Well that is his criteria for a good forward?
So you want our best forward this year to play SOO so he gets smashed & proves you right?
what if he gets smashed & wins MOM?

roboshark

Coach
Whilst we are talking about rep football how good will it be the week after the bye when we play the broncos because that weekend is the test against NZ and we play the next night. The broncos will have a few backing up you would think whilst we may only have Noddy. If we do the cowboys then have the bye we could do the broncos and be sitting on 12 pts out of a possible 14. Chances are good :p

fizman

Bench
pogo said:
gday backflip.....i didnt run off and hide i actually had some very important work for a very important client.

nutley hey..........you guys all seem to be enamoured of him well thats fine.

we all have opinions on players and we dont always agree ......thats fine
too

its blatantly obvious he isnt in the top 10 props in the comp but due to his lack of size and height he seems to have a cult following!

as i have said a thousand times he tries his heart out but as bob fulton always said a good big man will always beat a good little man.

for the last time get the tapes out and tell me when he bends the defensive line, he had an important role under chris anderson and he did it well ( the dive/quick play the ball)

as for state of origin......IF he plays he will get smashed!!

nutley = overated!!

I generally agree with you stick man, but on this occassion I disagree entirely. To use your criteria, Carl Webb and Shane Webke wouldn't get run because of size?? They aren't that big either, so where do you draw the line with size??

I agree has certainly makes silly mistakes and gives away penalties, but at the end of the day the main job of a prop forward is make the hard yards up the middle which I think Nutley does a great job in doing. I would like to know what your thoughts are about Marty Lang?? I don't remember him breaking the line too often, but I certainly remember him getting smashed well before the advantage line.

Thoughts??

chili pepper

Bench
Compelling argument pogo :roll:

Now back to those who have some clue on the game....

Nutley would do a great job for QLD - that is BLATANTLY obvious. Teriffic workrate, excellent in defence, fearless hit-ups, etc, etc

Previously his handling and discipline have let him down but Raper has addressed these issues.

Having said that I don't expect him to be picked.

Civinoceva & Price will start if injury free and I think Bennet and Hagan will go for Webb for his impact off the bench.

Suits the Sharks and NSW!

pogo

Juniors
come on boys from what i am reading here nutley is a combination of artie beetson, kevin ryan, glenn lazarus and shane webcke........and i forgot superman!!!!

now he must be a leg up for soo!!

why wont he be picked then????????

ill tell you why ........because he is a speed bump at the top level!!!

black_dot

Juniors
Top level ?

NRL is what then............C grade ?

I appreciate there is a step up to be made from NRL to debuting in Origin, but a consistent performer in the NRL such as nutely certainly deserves consideration and I would hope the idea deserves not to be dismissed so off-handedly by a fan of the players own club.

Can i ask what you think of Hutch ?

Same physique and size as Nuts........

Macca

Coach
Has Nutley improved? Yes

Did I bag him? Yes, his discipline was shocking.

Do I bag him now? No, he has shown me why he is a favourite.

Shark

Bench
We seem to be forgetting that there are FOUR bench spots up for grabs...Nothing to say there can't be 2 props on that bench.

If Price and Civoneciva start, what about Webb and Nuts on the bench?

pogo

Juniors
no........bugger the bench put him in the starting side and let him take the first hit up of the match!!

millersnose

Post Whore
pogo

was dave gillespie a bad front rower?

how much bigger was gillespie over nutley?

what about gilmeister?

Latest posts