What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nutley firms for QLD Origin selection after Webke retirement

pogo

Juniors
there was an obvious omission in the title of this thread....

it should have read nutley firms from one million to one to nine hundred thousand to one :lol:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
What about Paul Gallen?? He is the same size as Nutley.

two differences
1. Nutley will be consider for QLD they have a higher bopper standard i.e no forwards under 105kgs unless the rake.
2. Gallen plays lock not front rower (although for qld that makes no difference)

fizman

Bench
Most people wouldn't understand what I am refering to here. Mr Pogo rates Gallen, but doesn't rate Nutley. The salient point I am making is that both players are the same size. I am ASSUMING that Mr Pogo believes Gallen is a viable candidate for origin where Nutley is not, due to his size.

Actually, I think Gallen would make a good prop.

fizman

Bench
Inside information... ;-)
I did some Mcinvestigations about your Mcthoughts on Gallen. My Mcsources tell me that you rate Gallen quite highly.

Shark

Bench
pogo said:
there was an obvious omission in the title of this thread....

it should have read nutley firms from one million to one to nine hundred thousand to one :lol:

You're kidding Pogo.

Did you even read the article that I opened the thread with?

In that article, a QLD selector specifically states that Nutley has been playing well.

He names 5 front rowers in that article. He names Steve Price and Civoneciva (no surprises there), but the then names Nutley as a consideration, plus Carl Webb and Tronc from the Cowboys.

So you're a better judge of footy talent than a QLD selector now are you?

Dope.

fizman

Bench
Pogo: Bowled McSharkie Caught Shark 0 runs

Taren Point 1/0 0.1 Overs Bowled

:lol:

Shark

Bench
Sorry, QLD selector names 6 props.

I forgot Ben Ross, who has been playing in an out-of-form side.

So, 6 Props get a mention. I'd be very surprised if QLD name their starting props from outside of these 6. I reckon 4 of them will get the nod, with two boppers on the bench.

I'll predict now that, barring injury to any of the 6, the props chosen will be:

Price and Civoneciva to start.

Nutley and Webb on the bench.

See Pogo, you also forget that in an emergency, Nuts could play 2nd row. Dunno how Ross or Tronc would go there. Petero has done it before, and Price is versatile enough, but they will start so it takes the bench impact away.

Nuts will get the nod somewhere. :clap:

pogo

Juniors
you are an excitable bunch thats for sure.

as for that article he IS one of SIX put forward , however i believe if you also read an aap report he doesnt rate a mention .

now seriously for all you pro nutley brigade i hope he gets a starting spot in the front row for qld!

then you will see first hand his deficiencies, those that you must be blinded to because of your loyalty to the sharks.

as for paul gallen he is a very good player with a few rough edges, comparisons between him and nutey are inane.

pogo

Juniors
fizman said:
Pogo: Bowled McSharkie Caught Shark 0 runs

Taren Point 1/0 0.1 Overs Bowled

rotflmao hey fizman bring back rodrigo he was a lot more fun!!

taren point A2 premiers '"pride of the shire"

pogo

Juniors
McSharkie said:
So you don't rate Gallen?

mcsharkie are you blind????

what does my post say???

by the way for your info shark that article is available on the nrl.com.au website dated 4th april

regards

Macca

Coach
Sorry there was too much dribble, I didn't make it to the bottom of that post.

pogo

Juniors
as for paul gallen he is a very good player with a few rough edges, comparisons between him and nutey are inane.[/quote]

there you are mcsharkie that will make it easier for you.

i realise your concentration levels are as good as your cricket teams top order batsman!!

Macca

Coach
Your credibility on this forum is as good as your top orders footwork. Non existant.

pogo

Juniors

ill send you the video of the final or even better some still photos :lol:

does 5 for 26 ring a bell ??????? thats your "top" order..... rotflmao!

Latest posts