What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nutley

cheese

Bench
Hinder stosic?!

Stosic was the surrender king last season, and was hardly "outplaying" our origin forward in nutley in his time with the jets .......stosic's game has come a long way this season. He's not the same player he was this time last year .........he was fat and unfit

Williams barely missed a game last season ....if any at all .....

Williams game this year is very similar to nutleys ....if anything, nutley mentored him, not hindered him

beekershark

Bench
I agree, but even with Ross fit, we were already short one prop at least for this year mate.

Ross and Hutch were picked as our starters when all players were fit.

Leaving Douglas and stosic as the back ups.....very light on.

we bought Villa to replace the depth gap that ross's injury created.

Selmes and manua were our reserve grade options with the chance to step up.

My point is that had Nuts been retained, we'd have two NRL starting props in Ross and Nuts, with the rookie dougie, and the benchman hutch to come from the bench.

Hey, its workikng now and I hope the depth is never further tested :)

Macca

Coach
Let me ask this then.

If Nuts was still here and we had no injuries at all, would he be in our top 3 props?

Macca

Coach
I'd have it Ross, Douglas & Nutley myself.

Stos is making some great runs this year and some big hits but I don't think he did the work Nutley did. Fortunately Thomo makes up for that.

givmeabeer

Juniors
Ross, Douglas & Nutley for me too

I know we are lacking in the centres but another front rower wouldn't hurt...

MKEB...

Staff member
Nuts reminded me of martin Lang in his play...Only know one direction and point em the other way at halftime. They both would lead the hitups and keep tackling , yet their was nothing overly special about them. I reakon you guys should persevere with Stosic..Young player looks like a future ox i reakon. Damn I miss the Ox ...Are ya proppin stocks really that low since steveo and Nuts left?

!fullback!

Juniors
you could look at it this way, if nutley would have stayed, im pretty sure we wouldn't have signed thommo.

the question should be: how well would we be travelling with nuts instead of thommo?

i think thommo has played a huge part in the way we are going so far this year. would nutley have made all those offloads to kearney and simmons that lead to all those tries and line breaks? would nutley have been capable of making those few try saving tackles that thommo has done?

imasharkie

Coach
Nutley was bash and barge.
So is Stosic but he does it better than Nuts.
I'm pleased Nuts left which has left room for the up and comers to get a go.
Nuts did it for us because we had no other props.
Nuts was by far a better 2nd rower transformed into a prop. Now we have an array of props given a few are not ready for 1st grade.

Special K

Coach
Also Nutley was off contract this season and what 32? Thommo is likely to be re-signed and is only like 28. It made sense to let Nutley earn big bucks for a two year deal(which he has since upgraded to a 3) and bring in Thompson and push Douglas up the ranks.

sharkadelic

Juniors
I agree Nutley was a hard working 2nd rower converted to an inspirational front rower. Did alot of work in hit ups and defence but there was no 2nd phase play in his game.

I think it worked out for the best personally. Nuts probably didnt have too much more left in him and now we can develop some very exciting long term options. Thommo is still 4 years away from being Nuts age and I think has already taught the pack alot.

I would still rather have Nuts than Hutch although I am not sure he would be as good as Stos is this year. Guess I'll never know

beekershark

Bench
Geez, we lost selmesy tongiht with a medial tear , gone for the year. The lack of depth I spoke of earlier in the front row has been rammed home now tragically for the kid. I wish him all the best for a speedy recovery.