What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NYC team of the year

MountainMan

Juniors
The other guys named a whole bunch of others, now you look like a f**king mong. Piss off to another thread and complain about NYC you whiny merkin.
No No my Son,your the merkin,I did not say name players whom have made First grade via NYC,I said those NYC 'Stars' do not mount to Nrl 'Stars' bar a few..
Milford ? handful of Nrl games,Tanginoa likewise,Lee likewise,Rochow likewise,etc etc,they are NOT First grade stars,they,you wanker,are barely playing first grade!
Simms,Dugan,Papalli,Croker,Thompson granted...a high percentage of Nyc 'stars' amount to shit,because of that shit quality comp..End of Story

ranga

Juniors
Is my statement incorrect Minto Cobras?
Please give me an insight into how great the standard of footy is within this comp..
Name one NYC 'star' whose come into first grade and carried on looking as though he belongs..
Barba(even though he took a few years to get there)
DCE
Foran
T-Rex
Johnson
Packer
how many others?

Can name a shitload more who looked like deadest stars in NYC and have done shit all since NYC
Mullaney,Ben Hunt,Beau Henry,John Kite,Shannon Wakeman,VaiVai,Zoram Watene,Romelo,Sene Lafao,Taulima Tautai,Joel Latham,half the bloody warrior NYC teams since it started ..the list goes on n on..my point is,its a shithouse of a comp,makes this kids look like stars,when really its because their playing in a shit standard comp.
More focus should be with the NSW Cup even RMC with the amount of Former first graders running around In it.
You don't agree?

ranga

Juniors
It has only going since 2008 so any one over 25 wouldnt have played in it any way,and the same can be said about SG Ball not many of these players progress either, I seriously dont think RMC is of a better standard than 20s and honestly there are blokes playing NRL that probably shouldnt. To many clubs and not enough quality , clubs are buying pommies and old NRL players to fill gaps. But I still like watching the young blokes running around.

BennyV

Referee
Only really paid attention to the Dragons NYC games. A few youngsters have come out of SG Ball (notably Jack Bird and Jackson Hastings) who will make a big impact for the rest of the year. Shannon Crook was looking awesome until he stuffed his knee. Outside of that, Runciman and Garvey were both promoted to NSW Cup, with Runciman making his first grade debut and looking quite comfortable.

No other real standouts at this stage.

_addict

Juniors
If the quality of play in the NYC is so much inferior to NSW cup, why is it that the Vulcans can have four debutans from the Warriors NYC team, and two others still eligible for the U20's and beat the undefeated Cronulla team?

Rizal

Juniors
Vulcans team had alot of experienced players around the debutants. Debutants have also been playing in local comp instead of Holden Cup. Quite a few of the holden cup side for Warriors alternate between 20's and local comp.

MountainMan

Juniors
If the quality of play in the NYC is so much inferior to NSW cup, why is it that the Vulcans can have four debutans from the Warriors NYC team, and two others still eligible for the U20's and beat the undefeated Cronulla team?
Didn't know rugby league was a 6 man game

_addict

Juniors
Didn't know rugby league was a 6 man game

No, It's clearly a 7 plus bench man game. You know perfectly well what I was on about. 6 junior eligible players is a fair whack. You put it out there about one comp being superior than the other, when in that very week there was a very real example of how there is substance within the U20's. No, those young guys are not the core of the Vulcan team, but their presence in the team was heavy, and the team not only managed to foot it, but beat the table-toppers

Panther_Daz

Staff member
http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...e-to-serve-bans-in-origin-20130704-2peyb.html

Nephew impresses

Bryce Cartwright, the nephew of Gold Coast coach John Cartwright, has been rated the best player in the under-20s competition, according to SportsData's Contributor Value Rating system. Cartwright, who frustrated Panthers officials hope to give a run in the NRL this season if changes are made to the second-tier salary cap, starred for Windsor Wolves on Wednesday night by scoring a try and setting up two others in their 28-26 NSW Cup defeat of North Sydney. Panthers fullback Dallin Watene Zelezniak is third in the CVR for Holden Cup players, with Newcastle hooker Adam Clydesdale second.

gronkathon

First Grade

Because injury, and holding players back for NRL shadow players meant the Sharks went in woefully understrength

Headless Chook

Juniors
Keep an eye out for Adam Elliot in the Bulldogs NYC. Injured for the best part of this year, but is quickly finding the form that saw him captain the Aust schoolboys last year. A tackling machine who has a nice offload to his game.

isaiah

Bench
Fullback: Clinton Gutherson (manly)
Wing: David Nofoaluma (tigers)
Centre: Brenko Lee (canberra)
Centre: Charly Runciman (dragons)
Wing: Jon Sila (bulldogs)
Five-Eight: Anthony Milford (raiders)
Halfback: Mitch Cornish (raiders) / Luke Brooks (tigers)
Prop: Matt Lodge (storm)
Hooker: Adam Clydesdale (newcastle)
Prop: Pauli Pauli (parramatta)
Second Row: Caleb Timu (broncos)
Second Row: Bryce Cartwright (penrith)
Lock: Brendan Santi (tigers)

Bench: David Bhana (warriors)
Bench: Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (penrith)
Bench: Jake Trbojevic (manly)
Bench: Samisoni Langi (roosters)

i'd take dallin and jake from your bench and find a starting possie for them. hymel hunt from the titans will be one centre

Raider_69

Post Whore
Surely a spot in the side for Patrick Mago. He's been outstanding for the top of the table raiders. As has Ahearn

Alsmug

Juniors
Just more fellas i know that are arrogant , speak about themselves in the 3rd person, more skid marks on this fine club. We need to invest into programs that teach our younger up and coming players about right from wrong .Our club has a higher incident rate than any other , this may be due to so many corrupt people living in Canberra, due to it being the home of politicians? and the inbreeding of these hicks, like pete cash ?

ranga

Juniors
Just more fellas i know that are arrogant , speak about themselves in the 3rd person, more skid marks on this fine club. We need to invest into programs that teach our younger up and coming players about right from wrong .Our club has a higher incident rate than any other , this may be due to so many corrupt people living in Canberra, due to it being the home of politicians? and the inbreeding of these hicks, like pete cash ?

?

Tyler Cornish, Samisoni Langi, Nene Macdonald and Rhyse Martin all deserve a mention too. Henare Wells has been killing it for Newtown since he was moved up earlier in the year too.

Roosters 2nd v Raiders 1st should be a cracker on Saturday.

s1ng0709

Juniors
Henare wells is too old for NYC, maybe u r thinkin of his brother dallas who was released to cronulla a couple of weeks ago

Latest posts