What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ should be favourites?

Gobsmacked

Bench
Mine:
1. JOSEPH MANU
2.DALLIN WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
3.CHARNZE NICOLL-KLOKSTAD
4. JORDAN RAPANA
5.RONALDO MULITALO
6.DYLAN BROWN
7.JAHROME HUGHES
8. JAMES FISHER-HARRIS
9. BRANDON SMITH
10. MOSES LEOTA
11. ISAIAH PAPALI’I
12. KENNY BROMWICH
13. JOSEPH TAPINE

14. JARED WAEREA-HARGREAVES
15. NELSON ASOFA-SOLOMONA
16. JESSE BROMWICH
17. SHAUN JOHNSON

Bring Johnson on in second half with the 2 big boppers on 60min to create havoc.
Those 5 rotating forwards are insane with Smith also able to drop into the pack!
Rapana and Johnson are liabilities they no longer need to accommodate.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
CNK no where near the squad, he`s not good enough. I`d put Hiku in the centres, very consistent, good defender, can create, a classy player who I don`t think will let them down.
I`m a big fan of Rapana because he`s so passionate about playing for the Kiwi`s. But I`ll defer to better judges than myself if they think he is past his prime. I though DWZ wouldn`t go astray on one wing either.

Matua

Bench
Dolphins are in because of money. They are the richest club in the nrl. They will be a powerhouse club in 5 years tbh with all the money they have
Well, I wasn't seriously suggesting they shouldn't be in ... I was taking the piss out of the Warriors.

Matua

Bench
CNK no where near the squad, he`s not good enough. I`d put Hiku in the centres, very consistent, good defender, can create, a classy player who I don`t think will let them down.
I`m a big fan of Rapana because he`s so passionate about playing for the Kiwi`s. But I`ll defer to better judges than myself if they think he is past his prime. I though DWZ wouldn`t go astray on one wing either.
I think Rapana might be like the bloke in my avatar - he'll play out of his skin in a black jersey regardless of club form.

But as a wing though, not a centre. Hiku is easily our number 1 centre (well 2 if Manu is considered a centre).

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
I think Rapana might be like the bloke in my avatar - he'll play out of his skin in a black jersey regardless of club form.

But as a wing though, not a centre. Hiku is easily our number 1 centre (well 2 if Manu is considered a centre).
Yeah I was referring to Rapana being picked on the wing. Those Canberra pairing look like prospects as well. I`d probably lean towards Timoko just because of his build although Kris is dangerous and has come on in leaps and bounds this year.

England87

Juniors
I think it is important that New Zealand have the same direct game plan regardless of combinations and injuries. For this reason, I would take DWZ as the number 2 Full Back as he can play the 'Joey Manu' role if needed.

A 'linking' fullback like Te Maire Martin would mean a completely different game plan if the Kiwis do get into injury trouble.

DWZ has never played a bad game in the Kiwi Jersey and has often been their best on the ground from the full-back position.

In saying that TMM would be an ideal 14 in English conditions.

The Penguin #6.

Juniors
A 'linking' fullback like Te Maire Martin would mean a completely different game plan if the Kiwis do get into injury trouble.
I`m not a fan of Te Maire Martin, he`s too small (and not even particularly fast or evasive to compensate) and would get monstered at international level.
BTW what`s with the Warriors buying these second-rate players, CNK, TMM, looks like it`s going to be another long year.

taste2taste

Juniors
I'll take a stab at NZ backs

5 Mulitalo
4 Kris ( absolute weapon for Canberra)
3 Hiku
2 Rapana ( although Maumalo might be better suited to English conditions ? )

Hoofhearted

Juniors
They've got some depth this year, unlike previous years where 1 injury would end their chances.

Fullback - Manu, DWZ, TMM, CNK
Wing - Maumalo, Mulitalo, Rapana, Simonsson, DWZ
Centre - Manu, Hiku, Kris, CNK, Niukore, Timoko
5/8 - Brown, Foran, Manu, Nikorima
Half - Hughes, Johnson, Foran
Hooker - Smith, JMK, Nikorima

The rest of the forward pack speaks for itself, they could name 2 starting packs as strong as other teams.

mozza91

Coach
Joseph Suaali'i has pledged his alliance to Samoa. Mal punching Air right now
Heard Kent was bagging the decision on 360.
How someone who’s supposedly a Rugby League man can hate International RL is beyond me.

Looks like the most open World Cup we’ve ever had with half a dozen sides capable of beating each other. Really looking forward to the tournament.

Clarkent

Juniors
How someone who’s supposedly a Rugby League man can hate International RL is beyond me.

Looks like the most open World Cup we’ve ever had with half a dozen sides capable of beating each other. Really looking forward to the tournament.
Oh he wants origin to be the pinnacle and everyone else to get stuffed 😂😂😂😂

Jacko955

Juniors
Updated odds for the world cup got the odds from sports bet

Aussies $1.40
Nz $4.50
England $10
Samoa $17
Tonga $17
Fiji $151
PNG $151
Cook Islands $501
France $501
Greece $501
Ireland $501
Italy $501
Jamaica $501
Lebanon $501
Scotland $501
Wales $501

Notes : I checked at 5pm this afternoon and just re checked then there been some price changes in the short time

only this afternoon when I checked Samoa was at $26 have now come in to $17

Tonga where $15 now into $17

My tip
Nz to win @ $4.50

My outsider
Samoa @ $17

Diesel

Coach

Take no notice, these journalists bag the international game. They’re as bad as the clubs that refuse to release players or put pressure not to play. If anyone other than Australia wins there won’t be much coverage and people like Kent will complain it was “a Mickey Mouse” competition because Australia were missing players. You can only play what’s in front of you and players are realising the importance of the international game and growth. Sydney based journalists don’t

Coastbloke

Bench
What’s making me uneasy regarding Samoa is they are starting to look like a novel exhibition team that we’ll only see at the World Cup and that’s it.

For this experiment to properly work, they need to do more than just play once against Tonga/Fiji/PNG in October next year..

If Samoa beat England in the first game, stuff a Kangaroo tour to Europe in 2023. Samoa can tour England in a 3 game series with stopovers in Wales and France. Stadiums in Wigan, Hull and Huddersfield will suffice. A properly promoted 3 game Test series between Australia and NZ in Sydney, Brisbane and Auckland and a Tri Series between PNG/Fiji/ lTonga can round out 2023.

Clarkent

Juniors
What’s making me uneasy regarding Samoa is they are starting to look like a novel exhibition team that we’ll only see at the World Cup and that’s it.

For this experiment to properly work, they need to do more than just play once against Tonga/Fiji/PNG in October next year..

If Samoa beat England in the first game, stuff a Kangaroo tour to Europe in 2023. Samoa can tour England in a 3 game series with stopovers in Wales and France. Stadiums in Wigan, Hull and Huddersfield will suffice. A properly promoted 3 game Test series between Australia and NZ in Sydney, Brisbane and Auckland and a Tri Series between PNG/Fiji/ lTonga can round out 2023.
If they made more tests internationally those players would definitely stay. But there's hardly any games for tier 2 nations. That's why players play for tier 1 nations in the past. If samoa wins the world cup or even make the final I would be very surprised if any of those players go back to australia

Clarkent

Juniors
Murray Taulagi just pledged his alliance to samoa if I was Mrs Meniga I would cook his fav meal to keep him happy tonight

Last edited:

Gobsmacked

Bench
Updated odds for the world cup got the odds from sports bet

Aussies $1.40
Nz $4.50
England $10
Samoa $17
Tonga $17
Fiji $151
PNG $151
Cook Islands $501
France $501
Greece $501
Ireland $501
Italy $501
Jamaica $501
Lebanon $501
Scotland $501
Wales $501

Notes : I checked at 5pm this afternoon and just re checked then there been some price changes in the short time

only this afternoon when I checked Samoa was at $26 have now come in to $17

Tonga where $15 now into $17

My tip
Nz to win @ $4.50

My outsider
Samoa @ $17
I'm putting $1000 on NZ