What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ team not looking too bad now...

AuckMel

Bench
screeny said:
Although a player's health is the number one concern, this kind of incident just isn't logical.

If a player's entire career is in jeopardy, a career spanning, let's say, a decade, how can medicos pinpoint these two specific extra games (v Aus) as the crux, the exact 160 minutes of football that spearate the player's injured area from being playable to becoming career ending.

If Benji's shoulder was in danger of risking his whole career, surely he shouldn't play now as a decade for the Tigers is better than the 2005 play offs?

It just doesn't add up.

Well said.

Personally, I reckon it's a load of sh it.

Phillips

Referee
a backline like this would be fine by me

1. Brent Webb
2. Jake Webster
3. Paul Whatuira
4. Shontayne Hape
5. Lesley Vainikolo
6. Benji Marshall
7. Stacey Jones

Jackal Dog

Juniors
1. Brent Webb
2. Lesley Vanikolo
3. Shontayne Hape
4. Paul Whaturia
5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Nigel Vagana
7. Stacey Jones/ Robbie Paul
8. Ruben Wiki
9. Lance Hohaia
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Tony Puleta
12. Frank Pritchard
13. David Kidwell

14. Iafeta Palaeesina
15. Ali Lautiti
16. Sonny Bill Williams
17. David Faiumu

hutch

First Grade
AuckMel said:
There's a heap of Aussies with Kiwi blood.

key word, "aussies". there are heaps of aussies with blood from everywhere around the world, but they are all aussies.

AuckMel

Bench
hutch said:
key word, "aussies". there are heaps of aussies with blood from everywhere around the world, but they are all aussies.

Who are all eligible to play for New Zealand (in RL) under current rules.

hutch

First Grade
AuckMel said:
Who are all eligible to play for New Zealand (in RL) under current rules.

true, and the choice definately comes down to them. it just pisses me off when people say that australia steal players from around the pacific, or that thorn and carroll aren't australians.

AuckMel

Bench
hutch said:
true, and the choice definately comes down to them. it just pisses me off when people say that australia steal players from around the pacific

Under the current climate, players of Island heritage have nowhere else to play but for Aus and NZ. The large majority of them were either born here or in NZ anyway.

Hopefully in 20 years or so, the Island nations might be included in real competition.

Latest posts