What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ - The Forgotten Frontier?

krudmonk

Juniors
If the Wellington side would be touring, should the Warriors also head to places like Hamilton? Maybe even across the harbour? I think one team is not enough to spread all over NZ, but two could really cover the north island. I don't know if league registers in the south.

Iafeta

Referee
As stated before, I'm fairly sure the Warriors are locked into a fairly good agreement with Mt Smart Stadium. I don't think its pure choice that they don't travel, given in 2002 they marketed themselves as the New Zealand Warriors in a very good media campaign on both sides of the Tasman.

League definitely registers in the South. The West Coast (albeit a very small population) and Canterbury in particular have good league backgrounds. There's been a fair few Kiwis over the past decade or so from the South Island: Quentin Pongia, Simon Mannering, Whetu Taewa, the coach Frank Endacott was from Canterbury, Setamaita Sa, Lewis Brown is in the squad, Jeremy Smith, Dene Halatau, David Vaeleki, David Kidwell, Terry Hermansonn, Brent Stuart, Simon Angell, Aaron Whittaker...

In terms of Wellington born and/or bred players: Stephen Kearney, David Faiumu, Sika Manu, Paul Whatuira, Paul Rauhihi, Marc Ellis, John Lomax, David Lomax...

In terms of non Auckland/Wellington/South Island, you still have the likes of Hohaia, Koopu, Grant Young, Willie Talau, John Timu...

Brutus

Referee
It had nothing to do with being better than anybody else and his direct attack on me that I had no love for the game... I was pointing out that i have done more for the game then he is ever likely to do, but because he is so narrow minded he cant believe i could love two codes.

Where, of course, defending union to the hilt takes precedence.

Te Kaha

First Grade
Where, of course, defending union to the hilt takes precedence.
Over what? Plenty of people on here to defend league... anybody who puts down league is jumped on quick enough.. even if it is Fight club regulars creating "union trolls" like "rodzillas nuts" and "cutie" to ridicule... and any "anti League" threads or posts in the Union forum are quickly got rid of....

Latest posts