What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ v Poms in US

deluded pom?

Coach
The days are slipping by and this game still isn’t confirmed . The promoters will want as much time as possible to get the advertising out there in an attempt to pull a crowd and organise media coverage. The longer the decision takes the less time to promote and the promoters will pull the plug. Maybe that’s the intention? Drag their heels for as long as possible and force the promoters to call time on it.

Pommy

Coach
The NRL clubs,and ESL clubs for that matter,have already signed off the mid season test weekend...

Where the game is played is irrelevant..

If Denver falls on its arse and there’s no back up in NA I hope it goes to Auckland.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
Just a question. If the RFL and NZRL are for the test and it is an official rep weekend where there is no NRL or SL (I think) played, then just book the test, select the players and clubs / players will face RLIF sanctions should they pull-out - the sanctions being that they miss their next club match.

Pommy

Coach
Wayne Bennett has agreed a 2 year deal with England.
It was said that the US game was essential for him to sign.

latingringo101

Juniors
There's reports from the NZ Herald that the Denver test has been canned for either;

1. Tonga vs NZ in NZ or

2. Oz vs NZ test in NZ or Qatar at the end of the year

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Playing the Denver game during rep weekend I feel isn’t needed. With 4 days between games it could be fraught with danger. And ideally there should be a week long build up to promote the game anyway instead of a fly in fly out situation. They could play the nz v Pacifica game in nz instead in that weekend. There would be no issues from club land about that I’m sure. The Denver game could still be done but at the end of the year. Australian team could go to Qatar and play England. Nz could go to Denver and play a Tonga team. Or vice versa. Then nz and England can finish there series.

Pommy

Coach
Playing the Denver game during rep weekend I feel isn’t needed. With 4 days between games it could be fraught with danger. And ideally there should be a week long build up to promote the game anyway instead of a fly in fly out situation. They could play the nz v Pacifica game in nz instead in that weekend. There would be no issues from club land about that I’m sure. The Denver game could still be done but at the end of the year. Australian team could go to Qatar and play England. Nz could go to Denver and play a Tonga team. Or vice versa. Then nz and England can finish there series.

Bit late now when they've been selling tickets for ages.

deluded pom?

Coach
IF it goes ahead it will go ahead when the promoter wants it to go ahead not when you think is the best time for it.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
IF it goes ahead it will go ahead when the promoter wants it to go ahead not when you think is the best time for it.

It’s not what I think it’s what is being mentioned in the media and by players. And Actually no that is not how it works. The promoter can wish all he wants about a Denver game on SOO weekend but doesn’t mean he will get it. There are so many other factors at play and by the sounds of it he won’t get his game. If he wants his game he might have to move it to the end of the year.

deluded pom?

Coach
It’s not what I think it’s what is being mentioned in the media and by players. And Actually no that is not how it works. The promoter can wish all he wants about a Denver game on SOO weekend but doesn’t mean he will get it. There are so many other factors at play and by the sounds of it he won’t get his game. If he wants his game he might have to move it to the end of the year.
The promoter is offering big money to each team for them to play during a mid season international/Origin break but because there’s no money in it for the NRL clubs they don’t want to know. Moores will soon realise what a small time sport he’s getting involved with. It won’t take long for him to see the light.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
A Promoter shouldn’t be dictating to the Nrl what they can and can’t do at all. Absolutely not. The promoter needs to work with the code to make it happen.

If the promoter doesn't get his wish he'll kick Rugby League to the scrapheap where it belongs and find a sport to work with that doesn't have its very small head buried deep in its own rectum.

If the promoter doesn’t get his wish?? What...or else he’ll throw his toys out of the cot and leave? If this promoter is a true business man he has done his sums and won’t be doing it if there isn’t something in it for him. I personally don’t have a problem with the nz v poms game but I don’t agree we should just do it because.

deal.with.it

Juniors
A Promoter shouldn’t be dictating to the Nrl what they can and can’t do at all. Absolutely not. The promoter needs to work with the code to make it happen.

The NRL isn’t the code. The code is rugby league governed by the RLIF. The RLIF members in question here are the RFL and NZRL. It is their decision. In alignment with the RLIF’s member rules, of which the NRL is a member, clubs operating under the auspice of the RLIF’s Member national governing bodies (ie the NRL) must release players for international sanctioned matches.

It’s really a no brainer.

Pommy

Coach

If the promoter doesn’t get his wish?? What...or else he’ll throw his toys out of the cot and leave? If this promoter is a true business man he has done his sums and won’t be doing it if there isn’t something in it for him. I personally don’t have a problem with the nz v poms game but I don’t agree we should just do it because.

Sorry but this is between the RFL and NZRL the NRL shouldnt even be consulted. it’s an agreed rep window and the NRL can go swivel.

KokoRugbyLeague

Juniors
Well the NRL own the game and far supercede what rlif does. Money and power is with the NRL you will learn to fall in place heck i love the international but ask the NRL first. Simple as that. No one in the game can touch the NRL.

Latest posts