What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NZ vs NSW Tour Match

aussies1st

Staff member
Maybe NZ need to play NSW instead of Aus ;-) And that is NSW C grade bowling lineup.

caylo

Bench
Maybe NZ need to play NSW instead of Aus ;-) And that is NSW C grade bowling lineup.

I still remember when Australian A team beat SL in a one dayer in less then 25 overs, and then played a second game for the croud and Australia A beat them a second time...

This will be worse if NSW pull off a win, considering they would now be probably the weakest team in the sheild. Only 2 seamers, one 17 years old, the second a batting alrounder. Add to that 3 spinners (2 very young) and 2 part time seam bowlers. There is quantity, but not quality... not yet anyway.

IanG

Coach
Jamie How must be in good form though making 170 of New Zealand's 266 Total. That has to be a record. Next highest score was 31 by Ross Taylor

Last edited:

MSIH

Bench
Mathew Sinclair still in the mix for NZ?

He is the worst test player I've ever seen constantly getting picked.

aussies1st

Staff member
I still remember when Australian A team beat SL in a one dayer in less then 25 overs, and then played a second game for the croud and Australia A beat them a second time...

This will be worse if NSW pull off a win, considering they would now be probably the weakest team in the sheild. Only 2 seamers, one 17 years old, the second a batting alrounder. Add to that 3 spinners (2 very young) and 2 part time seam bowlers. There is quantity, but not quality... not yet anyway.

Hey I wouldn't call them the weakest team in the shield! On par with SA atm.
The bowling certainly is raw but it happens when you keep losing your pacemen to international duty or injury. Still these guys have done dam well against a Test nation.

IanG

Coach
To all the Kiwi posters on here. Is this a Full Strength New Zealand team or are they playing a few fringe players in this match?

JJ

Immortal
To all the Kiwi posters on here. Is this a Full Strength New Zealand team or are they playing a few fringe players in this match?

Unfortunately that's pretty much it - without Oram the batting is abysmal... the collapse might bring about the selection of Grant Elliott ahead of Southee for the test - although I hope not, a bit like the Aussies playing White in India...

How is a good player, Flynn will go ok, he's gutsy as hell. Taylor and Ryder are talents, but lack discipline. Redmond is a complete nuffy.

The bowling attack is decent, but your batting lineup is strong... your bowling attack is now merely decent too, but our batting appalling

TheParraboy

Staff member
I wouldnt be too concerned if I was a kiwi, they are just getting a feel for the conditions, fine weather and hospitality over here, they will do a tad better in the test match, mark my words 9/10.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately that's pretty much it - without Oram the batting is abysmal... the collapse might bring about the selection of Grant Elliott ahead of Southee for the test - although I hope not, a bit like the Aussies playing White in India...

How is a good player, Flynn will go ok, he's gutsy as hell. Taylor and Ryder are talents, but lack discipline. Redmond is a complete nuffy.

The bowling attack is decent, but your batting lineup is strong... your bowling attack is now merely decent too, but our batting appalling

Bring back Porky