What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O.T. Bring it On... The New Qantas Emirates thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely

Post Whore
hey Sureles. Did you just watch the Sloganman Presser from WA. The journos are now openly laughing at him.

The coward cut and run from the Presser yet again.

Tweet from journo at scene

More journo confusion
‏@CameronAtfield
I'm sure that was an answer to a question, @TonyAbbottMHR. Just not the one that was asked.

f**king hell a pollie not answering the question that was asked, im shocked i tell you

Alp pedos 5 lnp pedos 0

Quigs

Immortal
I'm more than happy to contribute to the class divide.
Any house with solar panels on the roof Looks shyt. You go to the low class area, they are everywhere. go to better areas , with nicer people, none.
That is how we know.

Hmmmmmmmm glad to get your opinion on that.

Thanks for the subsidy too.

No more lektricity bills for moi - yeah harrrhhhh

DJShaksta

First Grade
Just on the solar.
Guy I work with has it on his place.
Hasn't had a bill for electricity over $75 since.
It's been 2 1/2 year I think said.
More than paid for itself.
I am seriously
Considering doing it except the buy back rate is nowhere near as high as it used to be or some crap like that.

Quigs

Immortal
Just on the solar.
I am seriously
Considering doing it except the buy back rate is nowhere near as high as it used to be or some crap like that.

I got my 44c thingy DJ, and an nice little rebate thingy, took 2 grand off the costs. Got a 3.6kw system, 16 panels for approx $7,500. Also saved $1,400 with the installers when they upgraded my switchboard. We worked out a deal.

Mate is an ex plumber - roofer so him and I replaced all the roofing screws prior to the job.... what a prick of an experience that was. 1,500 roofing screws extracted and replaced. Got them for approx $200.00.

Also had to repaint the Tora Bora Roof. Same mate and I did that too. Got 20 litres of high qual roof paint for $140.00 bucks through a Labor mate. Neat hey.

Got the whole thing done at a good price ..... and except for a week of pain and suffering from physical exertion, well I'm laughing.

I'm not in it to make money, just want the no more bills. Who knows what is going to happen to an old fart or his missus in the near future. Don't want to be in a position where I am searching high and low for the funds to pay the bill. Can't do has just put it up 26% .

(Luckily for me Reefy and Surely will continue to sponsor my Emu Park Tora Bora Power Generating Plant.)

Quigs

Immortal
Just love my Solar

solar-1.jpg

Imagine if you had a 90 day electricity bill of $2,045.00 and you copped a 26% increase from the 1st July.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Just on the solar.
I am seriously
Calling bullshit on that one.
Either that or he is one of those fruitcakes that obsesses over eveery little bit of electricity useage. You know the weirdos, walk around after you turning lights off. Wont use dishwashers, AC or heating. Walk around their house in their jocks or with 3 jumpers on.
They turn all of the power points off becasue of "silent" useage.
I run my 2 aircon units for 200-230 days of the year, They cost $5-7 a day each to run. I wouldnt be without them.
The only thing i would do without, is a carbon tax.
And when the rebates are finished, al these clowns will be stuck with ageing, useless panels on the roof doing nothing except making their house, the ugliest in the street.
You beauty.

Quigs

Immortal
MAybe you can encourage other labor supporters to follow your lead & experience hard work for at least one week of their lives?

5.8 decades, two farked knees and 1,500 roof screws. Not a good combination Comrade.

But the jobs done now thanks. And I just can't stop thanking you for your contribution to my solar panels.

solar-1.jpg

Quigs

Immortal
Calling bullshit on that one.
Either that or he is one of those fruitcakes that obsesses over eveery little bit of electricity useage. You know the weirdos, walk around after you turning lights off. Wont use dishwashers, AC or heating. Walk around their house in their jocks or with 3 jumpers on.
They turn all of the power points off becasue of "silent" useage.
I run my 2 aircon units for 200-230 days of the year, They cost $5-7 a day each to run. I wouldnt be without them.
The only thing i would do without, is a carbon tax.
And when the rebates are finished, al these clowns will be stuck with ageing, useless panels on the roof doing nothing except making their house, the ugliest in the street.
You beauty.

Yeah sounds real smart to me. What's 26% of 2045 .

I'd feel on top of the world with a 90 day domestic power bill of $2,045.00 plus 26%. When you get your account do you run madly out into the yard and yell over the fence to Ian the Bank Manager.

Ian Ian, quick Ive got a big one.

I bet you he comes out of his house and automatically starts dropping his shorts when he hears your dulcid tones.

Next time you get a big one, dont forget to Tell Ian the Bank Manager about your subsidising the EP power generating station.

Quigs

Immortal
When Ian evicts these clowns he tells me he has to get rid of all of the shyte to make the house saleable.

Did you go out on the job with Ian the Bank Manager when he evicted all your unemployed Gold Coast Tradie mates because the python squeeze, cobra strike, octopussy thingy carbon tax sent them all broke.

You know the blokes that you said wouldn't employ any workers unless they produced photographic proof of their last how to vote cards.

Maybe those that your mate Ian the Bank Manager evicted could go up to the NT and live with the Black Trash you proudly spoke about.

Did you hear about the 10% swing back to Labor in QLD ?

HERE SURELY - COMRADE REEFY - CATCH THIS

Roll surge since change at top
BY:REBECCA PUDDY From: The Australian July 04, 2013 12:00AM
KEVIN Rudd's return to the prime ministership has mobilised the youth vote and sparked a surge in people signing up to the electoral roll.
The Australian Electoral Commission's Phil Diak said yesterday tens of thousands of people had enrolled since Labor's dramatic leadership change on June 26.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/nat...ce-change-at-top/story-fn59niix-1226673960401

Devil's Advocate, but this could also be interpreted as people enrolling to vote against labor.

Just sayin.

Quigs

Immortal
Coastal - the youngens love Kevvie (and the NBN) (ohhhh and Education)

PM Kev has over 1,000,000 followers on tweet and the Gutless Sloganman has just over 300,000.

Just saying ... compare this to hard copy newspapers.

The younguns laugh at the Fibs Fraudband.

I'd punt on which team they are going to support.

Quigs

Immortal
So Piss N Moan Tone has just announced a great big new policy. He announced it over at Carrs Park 20 minutes ago.

Apparently he is going to get all the Canberra Raiders Green Army to clean up the Georges River.

Should be interesting.

No doubt about it.... he is on the ball.

Straight away he released this Green Army Safety @ Work Video to show the 15,000 conscripts how to go down an embankment with dress shoes on.

Tony+Slips.gif

Quigs

Immortal
PETER SLIPPER FORMER SPEAKER FOUND GUILTY OF FRAUD AND RIPPING OFF $900.

Sorry hang on... wrong bloke in the headline. I got carried away. This one is just breaking.

July 6, 2013

EXCLUSIVE: Abbott forced to repay $9,400 he charged taxpayers to promote his book

---

The Opposition leader, Mr Abbott, was forced to repay taxpayers nearly $9,400 after receiving travel expenses to promote his book Battlelines in 2009.

The repayment occurred after Mr Abbott publicly denied the allegation through a spokesman, who stated:
“All travel undertaken by Mr Abbott has been within the entitlement. This is a blatant attempt by Labor to smear and mislead.”

Mr Glenn Milne raised the matter in an article in The Drum on 28 July, 2010 in which he calculated that Mr Abbott had ripped $6,651.96 off taxpayers for private expenses he incurred in promoting his book:

“At the very least these expenses are politically awkward. Was he also doing government business in the places where he promoted his book? Even if he was, is it appropriate to plug your book while you’re there when taxpayers are paying the travel bill? Remember the savage gusto with which the Opposition, Abbott included, went after Kevin Rudd and former defence minister Joel Fitzgibbon over claims they had not properly declared privately sponsored air fares to China.”

Documents obtained by No Fibs under Freedom of Information laws show that in response to the article, the Finance Department wrote to Mr Abbott on 19 August, 2010 under the Minchin Protocol – which allows MPs to repay false claims to avoid being referred to the AFP – requiring him to justify his Battlelines‘ claims.

In reply, Mr Abbott’s chief of staff, Ms Credlin agreed to repay $6255.49 for flights “inadvertently booked for official travel rather than private”.

But on 10 January 2011 the Special Minister of State, Mr Gray, wrote to Mr Abbott confirming that he had failed to reimburse other claims for non-flight Battlelines expenses, including the use of Comcars, and had repaid another $3,141.93.

Mr Gray said that “given the repayments made I do not intend to take further action” but that he should not make such claims again and desist from requiring taxpayer funded staff to work on his private business.

It appears that Mr Abbott has not corrected the public record.

The treatment of Mr Abbott is in stark contrast to that of Mr Slipper, who has been charged with wrongly claiming $900 in travel allowance in 2010.

Mr Slipper offered to repay when the matter was raised last year, but was told by the Finance Department that the Minchin Protocol did not apply because the matter had been directly referred to police by a person who remains a mystery

It thus appears that under the new ‘Slipper exception’ to the Minchin Protocol, someone could have referred The Drum article to the AFP upon its publication, thus negating the operation of the Protocol.

Mr Abbott’s extremely high expenses claims have been the subject of comment as has the fact that he claims travel allowance for his ‘volunteer’ activities.

source is right here

Question.... what is the difference between ripping off the taxpayer $9,400.00 and $900.

I reckon it is about $8,500.00

Quigs

Immortal
Is that bloke that got caught out ripping the taxpayers off of $9.400.00 the same bloke that charges the taxpayer $375.00 per night Travelling expenses for undertaking a 14 day charity pushbike ride.

hmmmmmmmmm I think it is.

Quigs

Immortal
He is a two faced gutless hypocrite and you know it.

Bloke talks out of both sides of his mouth - the only time he stops is when he has his head stuck so far up Murdochs and George Pells arse.

Rips off $9,400.00 ... and at least $3,500 from the Charity Ride. You should check out all the other pollies that did the ride and see how many of them claimed the expenses. It's a mark of the man.

He is a f**king gutless grub.

Status
Not open for further replies.