What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Knight Tales

Bench
And although I expect huge 2025 seasons from Hetherington and Elliot looking for a new contract, I'd want players on the roster that outplay their contract every year, not just when looking for a new deal.
And how many players do you realistically think are at this level? How does one out play their contract every year? If injuries and mitigating circumstances are a reality.

Yosh

Coach
I don't think Elliot is the player we need to replace as the final piece in the Premiership puzzle. Personally, I can see Elliot being part of a Premiership-winning 17, especially if he's on less than 500k a season. I'm not saying he's the best lock out there, but he is a sensible part of the puzzle.

We need players who will make a bigger impact. A dominant prop and probably three spine players are essential. Crossland is good enough at 14, but we need a proper hooker and two quality halves.

Moving on from Hastings and Brailey, who are on much bigger contracts and offer less, should be a higher priority

ryan.a87

Juniors
Hastings apparently interviewed at a ESL game last night saying he has no intention of returning to England next year and is going to see out his contract at Newcastle

Apey

Staff member
To be fair, why would you. Paying him an absolute motza for very little output. I'd sit in NSW Cup for a year for 800k without hesitation.

perverse

Referee
He sorta has to say that though. I reckon he ends up back over there but the knights eat half of that dumb contract
Does he though? The Knights haven't really been that shy in expressing that he's unwanted. I'm sure he's been given permission to talk to other clubs.

Having said that, I'm sure there's a reason he's over there too.

Yosh

Coach
It sux if he does stay but luckily it's only one season. Hope we keep him in reserve grade the whole season, sends a strong message. Hope he does leave though.

PhilGould

Bench
He’ll be getting paid the $800k regardless of which jersey he’s wearing so not a case of him having to sit in reserve grade here for it. He can have his cake and eat it too if an English club wants him to come back over and be the hero again. His girlfriend is from over there so possible it’s just a holiday but would be surprised if there’s nothing more to it.

They have a hard-on for bog average second rowers like Sorenson and Martin

He's very average.. Just in a great team.

Martin goes alright. Nothing to write home about though.

Quality butchered try there by Martin 😂😂😂

He's a system player only, would be absolutely found out at any other club
Just posting this here after Liam Martins CCM performance last night

Hastings collecting the easy dollars. He doesn’t care.
This is a pretty ignorant POV

1. He's guaranteed the contract $ he's on whether he's at the Knights or not, it would just be a matter of how much difference Newcastle has to pay if he leaves

2. He's a pro footballer who would very much care where and at what level he plays. What about his personality that you've seen would lead you to believe he'd be happy sitting in Reggie's half arsing it? Comon

Burwood

Bench
Hastings collecting the easy dollars. He doesn’t care.

He ran 240m and made 42 tackles at lock late last year when dropped. The guy is definitely not phoning it in.

What I don’t quite understand is the club’s plan for him. It felt like it was clear the club were pushing him out the door and making it known that he wasn’t getting back into first grade (at times being played out of position at lock), but then he’s made captain of the NSW Cup side.

Feels like Hastings is respected by coaching staff and players, but O’Sullivan has made it clear he needs to be gone to free up cap space.

Knight Tales

Bench
It’s about the loyalty both ways. Jackson has every right to take the money and run. But since everyone is so touchy about it I will acquiesce and say you are correct. Just remember this guy has said many things over the years about every club he has been to and how much he loves the fans. Like Salford. They literally idolise him there. He left for Wigan the next year. After Salford saved his career from the DCE punch on.