What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O/T: Foran, Rothfield and Hayson

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don't think he bullshitted about issues at all if reports of being taken to hospital and various other subsequent matters* were true.

* newspapers usually put lifeline and beyond blue phone numbers here following similarly vague statements for good reason.
And if you're struggling and got little kids to support, the last thing you want to lose is your income.

If I was contracted to Parra and went through the same thing I'd be reluctant to give it up as well. And unlike Foran I've loved the club for 30+ years. It's not a f**king hobby for these guys, it's their life.

Chipmunk

Coach
In fairness to Foran, I think once everything settled down and he was on the books for $1.2 million a year, that we wanted him gone alot more than he probably wanted to leave.

Gronk

Staff member
FORAN’S FINAL HURDLE

GOOD luck to Kieran Foran in his return to the NRL in round three. We wish him all the best.

But plenty of people are still questioning a series of text messages from Foran’s phone which led to a NSW police investigation.

There was outside pressure for Foran to receive a similar length of ban to good mate Mitchell Pearce and Corey Norman last season, who were both handed eight-game suspensions.

From a pure footballing point of view, what his return will do is deliver the New Zealand Warriors the Kiwi Test key-position combination of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Foran, Shaun Johnson and Isaac Luke.

But from a Parramatta Eels perspective, you could understand if Eels supporters felt let down.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...e/news-story/d4aaaf2e95c6f9272a6c80e503419e41

Gronk

Staff member
Todd said that Parra fans will probably be pissed, but we let him walk.

IIRC we let him walk because he was in a head space that was at times life or death. It was represented to us that.he could not meet his commitments and wanted a release and was unlikely to ever play again.

Perhaps we should have included a restraint of trade clause, but that would mean that we would have had to welcome him back and have room under the cap.

Maybe we should have done that and re-signed him for 50% of his former contract value. Yes I know, the NRL would not let us do that (however they do afford other teams that luxury).

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
So Norman is suspended for 8 games for a video that wasn't illegally and minor drug charge (I agree both incidents arent a good look and he deserves some punishment)

Yet Foran gets 3 weeks for ................. ??? He even had a bet account for Eddie among many other things. Sullivan isn't even allowed near a footy field yet Foran can play again in a few weeks ???

I am confused !!!

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Todd said that Parra fans will probably be pissed, but we let him walk.

IIRC we let him walk because he was in a head space that was at times life or death. It was represented to us that.he could not meet his commitments and wanted a release and was unlikely to ever play again.

Perhaps we should have included a restraint of trade clause, but that would mean that we would have had to welcome him back and have room under the cap.

Maybe we should have done that and re-signed him for 50% of his former contract value. Yes I know, the NRL would not let us do that (however they do afford other teams that luxury).
Agree with this.

But there is no guarantee that he won't be a f**ktard at the Warriors.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So Norman is suspended for 8 games for a video that wasn't illegally and minor drug charge (I agree both incidents arent a good look and he deserves some punishment)

Yet Foran gets 3 weeks for ................. ??? He even had a bet account for Eddie among many other things. Sullivan isn't even allowed near a footy field yet Foran can play again in a few weeks ???

I am confused !!!
I'm not confused, the powers at be have no idea and are making it up as they go along. It's been that way for a long time, looks like this year it's the Warriors turn.

Gronk

Staff member

I am confused !!!

Agree. It does not pass the pub test.

Perhaps the NRL don't have enough on him to substantiate an allegation so they have no choice but to allow him to play, subject to the mental health test ?

Perhaps also a probity analysis is ongoing as they certainly have not cleared him of the innuendo that surrounds him.

Perhaps also a probity analysis is ongoing as they certainly have not cleared him of the innuendo that surrounds him.

i think they have thrown that in the too hard basket he was warned not to associate with hayson any more but they have allegedly been seen at a racetrack together

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
I'm no fan of the merkin but don't forget this whole debacle cost him his marriage and living in the same country as his kids. I'm glad Parramatta have moved on and seem to be healthier for it. Imagine if this didn't come to the surface until this year.

trouble is the clubs hands are tied in cases like this
they just can't afford to have a big chunk of their salary cap rotting in reggies or not playing at all so they are forced to negotiate a settlement with one hand tied behind their back

phantom eel

First Grade
Just speculating, but maybe the probity aspect went quiet because Foran turned informer? And by the NRL letting him play again, they hope to land some usable evidence on Hayson and/or Rothfield and others!

strider

Post Whore
At the end of the day foran might help put bums on seats in NZ and the NRL know that .... he'd probably need to be caught in a sex tape with hayson to make em do something

emjaycee

Coach
On a personal level, I hope that Keiran Foran, the father, brother, son and husband is okay and that his head space is finally in a place that has banished the demons of the black dog although I think this will take longer then the 7 months that have elapsed.

On a football level, I have no good wishes for him. He is a fantastic player, but has shown a lack of respect to BA and our club after we gave him unlimited support during what was an extremely difficult personal time for him.

Happy MEel

First Grade
I'm no fan of the merkin but don't forget this whole debacle cost him his marriage and living in the same country as his kids. I'm glad Parramatta have moved on and seem to be healthier for it. Imagine if this didn't come to the surface until this year.
Hang on, he wasn't deported to NZ!! He made a choice to leave his kids that reside in another country. Surely you don't have sympathy for his ending up at the Warriors.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Hang on, he wasn't deported to NZ!! He made a choice to leave his kids that reside in another country. Surely you don't have sympathy for his ending up at the Warriors.
No, thats true. I guess I was trying to counter the insinuation that he somehow knowingly shafted us and that his problems are a bit of a fabrication. MJC probably summed it up better than me 2 posts up. But I do have some sympathy for blokes that go through dark times in their lives, even when some of it is it is of their own making.