What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O/T: Foran, Rothfield and Hayson

phantom eel

First Grade
From Kate's same SMH article... wouldn't fit in the same post (and had to delete some pics):

Follow the money: how $18,000 became $95,220

An extraordinary betting trail links associates of businessman and former brothel owner Eddie Hayson with league-playing brothers Kieran and Liam Foran.

hayson1.jpg

February 9, 2016 Businessman Eddie Hayson (at right) ploughs $19,000 cash through a TAB machine at the V-Bar in Liverpool Street, Sydney, in two payments of $9500.

hayson2.jpg

February 11 Hayson (pictured above in 2013) has his TAB account suspended for suspected money laundering.

April 13 Hayson tries unsuccessfully to have his TAB account reactivated.

hayson3.jpg

April 14 Manly play Parramatta at Brookvale Oval. Kieran Foran (above) leads the Eels as captain.

A bet of $18,000 is placed on Parramatta at Breakers Country Club, Wamberal (above) just before kick-off.

hayson5.jpg

Frank Ferrugia (at right, with Liam and Kieran Foran) collects $41,000 winnings in five vouchers, authorities believe.

hayson6.jpg

May 5, afternoon Jordan Tulk (centre, with Liam Foran and Frank Ferrugia) redeems the five vouchers at Erina TAB and bets $41,000 on gelding Brazen. The horse wins and pays $95,220.

May 5, early evening Liam Foran exchanges $95,220 race ticket for $22,000 cash and $73,220 voucher at Central Coast Leagues Club, Gosford.
He deposits $2000 into brother Kieran’s TAB account.

May 5, around 5pm Liam Foran arrives at Canterbury Leagues Club (above). Exchanges $73,220 voucher for $10,000 cash and a $63,220 voucher.
Foran walks to Belmore TAB. Exchanges $63,220 voucher for 10 x $6000 vouchers and $3220 cash.

The 10 vouchers are later cashed:

• - three by an associate of Hayson;
  • - two by a Bankstown tow-truck driver;
  • - two by a Surfers Paradise associate;
  • - three by persons unknown at Bankstown, Lidcombe and Punchbowl.

Noise

Coach
I received a text in June that was eye opening. So far almost everything in the text has come to light. The only thing that was incorrect was the date when this stuff would finally come out. The text said next week (I got the text on the 3rd of June).

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I received a text in June that was eye opening. So far almost everything in the text has come to light. The only thing that was incorrect was the date when this stuff would finally come out. The text said next week (I got the text on the 3rd of June).
Fair go. I have been pretty spot on apart from the date.

phantom eel

First Grade
In a recent interview with Daily Telegraph journalist Phil "Buzz" Rothfield, Rothfield, who has had thousandsof dollars paid into his own TAB account by Hayson
Uh oh Buzz... might be time to "retire"?

phantom eel

First Grade
So Kate mentions we were behind against Manly with 10 mins to go, and then scored three quick tries to go the requisite 5+ points ahead...

If a fix was on, you can't really orchestrate a comeback like that from one team acting alone. Does anyone have a link to the highlights of that game, so we can scrutinise who might have been unlucky trying to defend against those three comeback tries?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So Kate mentions we were behind against Manly with 10 mins to go, and then scored three quick tries to go the requisite 5+ points ahead...

If a fix was on, you can't really orchestrate a comeback like that from one team acting alone. Does anyone have a link to the highlights of that game, so we can scrutinise who might have been unlucky trying to defend against those three comeback tries?

www.nrlhighlights.com/dodgymerkins

Noise

Coach

Lyon made a shockingly embarrassing read on the right hand side towards the end that led to a try. Brett Stewart dropped a sitter earlier in the game. Just a couple off the top of my head

So what did Foran have to do with match fixing? Are they implying he coerced or organized former team mates into throwing the match against us? And if that is the case, then he's a f**ken legend!!

eels81236

Bench
In the Foran thread I remember Pou asked:

The betting, links to match fixing and the brothel owner might answer his question

Yep. I posted that he hadn't been in rehab but on the cans with a mate of mine at terrigal.

phantom eel

First Grade
Does anyone have a link to the highlights of that game, so we can scrutinise who might have been unlucky trying to defend against those three comeback tries?

According to http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...k=c0e283ea07f5275b2e73bb0c757cdc1a-1470399279

"Three Parramatta tries came from kicks with Manly having the chance to clean-up but the Sea Eagles dropped the ball — and their bundle. Manly stars Dylan Walker, Brett Stewart and Api Koroisau each fumbled which led to Eels tries."

[This thread or website makes no suggestion that any of the players or their managers have done anything wrong.]

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/0d692db923a7484b5231d5cdd3f2a373

The Foran brothers, the allegations, and the $95k win
0d692db923a7484b5231d5cdd3f2a373

Michael Carayannis and Rebecca Wilson, The Daily Telegraph
16 minutes ago

0d692db923a7484b5231d5cdd3f2a373

FALLEN NRL star Kieran Foran stands defiant alongside his brother, Liam, declaring that “my brother backs me to win every game I play” as fresh match-fixing allegations surface.

Kieran and Liam Foran and Eddie Hayson are embroiled in a match-fixing controversy, with revelations that a game involving Manly and Parramatta on April 14 is the third fixture being investigated by police.

A bet of $18,000 was placed on Parramatta to beat Manly by five points or more just moments before the clash at Brookvale Oval.

The Eels raced in three tries in the final 12 minutes to win the game 22-10. The money was wagered at Breakers Country Club in Terrigal with 10 $100 notes and 340 $50 notes fed into the pub TAB, where no cameras were fixed on the machine. It was outlaid by Frank Farrugia — a close friend of Hayson and Liam.

The match marked Kieran’s return to Brookvale Oval for the first time since leaving the Sea Eagles at the end of last year. Kieran denied any involvement in fixing the game.

“My brother had a bet on every Parramatta game for them to win,” Kieran said in a statement given to The Saturday Telegraph.

“He backs me to win every game I play.”

fadc25c8c61a3a4b5be1da31c2bd8a51

Kieran Foran and brother Liam Foran.

Former NRL player Liam, Hayson and Farrugia pocketed $41,000 from the Eels’ 12-point victory.

Those winnings were used to bet on a horse called Brazen on the Sunshine Coast, trained by David Vandyke.

Kieran, while in hospital, also had a bet on the race via Liam. Hayson told The Saturday Telegraph that he received a “hot tip” on the horse and rejected any suggestion that he was involved in match fixing.

“We had a hot tip, which it was,” Hayson said.

“This is an absolute wild goose chase that is going nowhere, like the other (match-fixing allegations). It’s absolutely laughable (to suggest we fixed a game).”

The Forans and Hayson won $95,000 on Brazen.

1c94a1c8464f63dc69d342d79a5e813b

Controversial punter Eddie Hayson.

Liam attempted to cash in the winning tickets at Central Coast Leagues Club on Wednesday, May 4, but was only able to receive $20,000 in cash, with the rest of the money given as a TAB voucher. He then drove to Sydney in an attempt to cash in the voucher at various TABs.

Hayson said “everyone knows that the Armaguard collects the cash from TABs on Wednesday on the Central Coast’’.

Hayson told The Saturday Telegraph that he has not been interviewed or spoken to by police regarding the round-seven game or any other NRL matches.

Liam transferred $2000 into Kieran’s account. Kieran said the money had nothing to do with his brother’s win on his Parramatta side.

“The money he put into my account was from our winnings on Brazen,” Kieran said. “The $2000 was from the winnings on Brazen.”

Kieran was in a rehabilitation clinic at the time of Brazen’s win. Liam jumped to his brother’s defence.

“How dare people question any wrongdoing here,” Liam said in a statement. “And question me putting $2000 into my brother’s account when he was in hospital. How dare they.”

1ef9bce8fcf15c7353982711c0654b0a

Brazen winning on the Sunshine Coast earlier this year. Picture: Trackside Photography

Manly’s 20-8 loss to South Sydney in June, 2015, and their 20-16 defeat to Parramatta in August are at the heart of the NSW Police Organised Crime Squad inquiry.

A source close to the investigation told The Saturday Telegraph that police had an endless paper trail to sort through.

A police spokeswoman said the investigation was still in its “early stages”.

An NRL spokesman confirmed the NRL was continuing to assist police with investigations.

“Our position has not changed … we will take whatever action is necessary to protect our game,” a spokesman said.

“Anyone convicted of match fixing can expect to be banned for life but, at this stage, no one has been charged and we should avoid jumping to conclusions.”

Happy MEel

First Grade
Lyon made a shockingly embarrassing read on the right hand side towards the end that led to a try. Brett Stewart dropped a sitter earlier in the game. Just a couple off the top of my head

Hmmm...I wonder what that text message said!!

Latest posts