What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O/T: Foran, Rothfield and Hayson

GW.

Juniors
Hope Slothfield gets what's coming to him. I respect Forans wife for speaking out. Seems there's more to the story. Slothfield is coming out looking like shit in all of this. Surely news ltd cannot keep him on after this.

#consorting
WISHFUL THINKING.

WILL NEED TO GET NMORE WORSE FOR THAT OUTCOME TO EVENTUATE

Well if we can't win the comp and we have to go through this charade then I'm happy for everyone within spitting distance to get covered in shit.

Also, I don't mind a beer but ffs Rothfield looks like he's wearing rouge.

phantom eel

First Grade
http://www.afr.com/brand/rear-windo...nd-eddie-hayson-plot-thickens-20160731-gqhqtf

Phil Rothfield, Kieran Foran and Eddie Hayson plot thickens

Just when you thought Friday's story on News Corp sports editor, Phil "Buzz" Rothfield's association with former brothel owner and Sportsbet enthusiast, Eddie Hayson couldn't get any more sensational, along came Sunday's newspapers.

There, splashed across prime real estate in News Corp's tabloids in league-loving states was the remarkable story of footballer Kieran Foran's suicide attempt, based on a Rothfield interview.

It was a tabloid yarn of unquestionable significance. But for it to appear two days after Rothfield was named by the Herald's Kate McClymont and Nick McKenzie as having received payments from Hayson – a man alleged to be at the centre of some of the most sensational betting scandals in rugby league and racing – has left some in News' hierarchy gobsmacked.

"Foran was driven to the interview by his good mate, punter Eddie Hayson," Rothfield writes, before quoting Foran as saying about Hayson: "I can't speak more highly of the bloke. I know that there is a lot of stuff out there about him. I don't think a bloke should be judged on what he has done in the past."

Interesting to note that while Rothfield did the interview at Fox Sports studios, using a Fox Sports camera crew, Fox Sports were not airing the interview on Sunday.

Noise

Coach
Haha Shouldn't judge a person on their past.....yea lets judge him on some future predictions! Foran is dumber than I thought.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
We could judge them on the things they talk about doing? Things they reckon they've done, or are going to do.
We could also judge them by what they post, what they wear, what music they listen to, their name, their hair, their favourite football team etc.

But apart from all of those additional ways to judge someone, there really isn't any other way to judge someone.

God-King Dean

Immortal
'You shouldn't judge someone by their past......'

haha, holy shit. Could he be anymore transparent?

Anyone who can't see what he's trying to do now is legitimately stupid

Eelementary

Post Whore
im kind of sick about hearing about Foran, guys is proving to be softer than marshmallows as the days go by.

guy has kids and hes trying to kill himself because he cant find a reason to live for.

99% of people would kill for his life. MAN UP

It's people with attitudes like this that do not help those in the darkness.

Noise

Coach
Foran should be trying to keep a low profile and get himself better. Not doing interviews making an arse of himself with other arse clowns.

GW.

Juniors
And I speak from experience.

When you're suffering, and people come at you with attitudes like "You're alive, have friends and family, a job you like...what are you upset about? Man up!'', it doesn't help.

Funny that...

I very respectfully disagree.
I'll tell you why, what you described may not help per se, but the opposite approach encourages you to wallow in your own depression.

As an example, imagine a child who is scared to swim. When you throw him off the deep end and he is forced to swim he swims. He snaps out of it so to speak.

I speak from experience. I've been in dark places but you have to fight through it. You have too. You absolutely have too.

Latest posts