What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O.T How embarrassing are the St.George Illawarra Dragons?

Seriously they really have truly become a basket case Club.

Major sponsor pulling out.

Being rejected by a rookie coach.

Last on the Premiership Table.

Their board is split and can’t agree on anything.

Some players don’t want to be there anymore or didn’t really want to go there in the first place. E.g Moses Suli

It’s a beautiful day!

Last edited:
They aren't as much a rabble as we were in our "heyday"
I want them to be competitive again, ours used to be the most hard core derby
we have more rivalry with Melbourne and North Queensland these days.

taipan

Referee

I gotta agree on that one ,having players at street lights with buckets for motorist to toss a coin or two ,to save the club, and moi having a sticker on the rear window of my lil ole car with "Save our Sharks" on it.
If the club was a limbo bar it would be resting on the ground ATT.
Then of course we brought in "vaccinations" for our players, before COVID was invented in Wuhan.
The absolute thrill of seeing the club hitting the headlines for the wrong reasons.
I want a healthy Dragon's club , it's good for the game/fans and opposition.

Quigs

Immortal
No sympathy from moi. They have bucketed shit on us for decades.

Can't remember anytime when we were at rock bottom did they come out and show any sign of solidarity. They were like far-can vultures waiting for us to take our last breath.

Narhhhhh I am enjoying the spectacle. May it roll on for years to come.

A competitive Dragons team?

Nah definitely not.

Some of the most arrogant fans you’d ever come across when they had a team to cheer for. Most would’ve loved to see us fold.

I enjoy every game we pump them and may it long continue.

Fancy another rookie coach rejecting a multi million dollar deal from them. Jason Ryles obviously got the good oil from Fitzy when he chatted with him. Don’t touch them with a barge pole unless you’ve got full control of everything. What a backward Club. They’re holding onto a system that they think works. How f**king funny!!!!

Quigs

Immortal
True story: Before my comment on this thread I did not even know that Ryles had told them to go and get. Just did a quick jump over to the dark side forum and saw that the major sponsor and that far-can fat side line dragon won't be around next year.

What a wonderful time to be alive.

shadowboxer

First Grade
They can go suck it… a big fat one, thin one, whatever.
Way too much water under the bridge and crap thrown our way over the years to give a toss about most other clubs, but particularly St George Illawarra or whatever they are. Entitled fans, skull, Kogarah, 1999…. Need I go on
If they folded up and moved to New Guinea, I might consider following them for a novelty.

grozzy

Juniors
How much longer has Pointsbet's sponsorship have to go? I know it's unlikely, but imagine the furore if St George Bank bought the naming rights to Shark Park!

shadowboxer

First Grade
I didn’t realise about the sponsor.
Wow - I had some strong ties with St.George bank prior to the Westpac takeover years ago, and they talked about this happening. It was only a matter of time when - like most big boy takeover, things can happen over a long period, one hardly notices the culled workforce, contractors and sponsors.
I guess it was perfect timing - just like when LG bailed on us and my ole ST George mates thought it was a laugh fest.
Good times

Special K

Coach
Maybe so but our rabble years were not like this stretch

The Dragons have finished

2023 - currently last
2022 - 10th
2021 - 11th
2020 - 12th
2019 - 15th
2018 - 7th
2017 - 9th
2016 - 11th
2015 - 8th
2014 - 11th
2013 - 14th
2012 - 9th

That is an insane run of being shit. We might go 2-3 years in a row without making the finals but nothing like this. Sure we had some off field shite but the above is insane. For all the millions they have paid Ben Hunt the best they have done is 7th.

2023 - currently last
2022 - 10th
2021 - 11th
2020 - 12th
2019 - 15th
2018 - 7th
2017 - 9th
2016 - 11th
2015 - 8th
2014 - 11th
2013 - 14th
2012 - 9th

That is an insane run of being shit. We might go 2-3 years in a row without making the finals but nothing like this. Sure we had some off field shite but the above is insane. For all the millions they have paid Ben Hunt the best they have done is 7th.
I'm talking of all the times the club has nearly fallen over, and the calls for us to be kicked out.
The 80's was an extremely close call, the NSWRL took Newtown and Wests, we got lucky. the 90's we got saved by Gow and bringing in Richo, Langy and Super League.
00's Anderson, Roper and Stuart drama-eras, followed by ASADA and Flanno. Even after we won the comp, Gorman and his snake oil.
The memories from child/teen years until now are still very strong.
It wasn't just Dragons supporters that ran us down, they came from every club to kick us out at some time. The most vile supporters were probably from Souths, which considering their time in the wilderness was surprising.
I just won't do what others did to us, run them down when they already feel like shit.
When it comes to games playing against that's a different story, but not a whole club when it's going through a process.
The Tigers have been worse in this time frame, Newcastle and Titans too, Warriors...
I suppose i see that it could be us again at any given time.
I'm thanking right now that Mace, Dino, Fitz and Moons are in control. It's the most solid our club has ever been.

Tiger Shark

Bench

2023 - currently last
2022 - 10th
2021 - 11th
2020 - 12th
2019 - 15th
2018 - 7th
2017 - 9th
2016 - 11th
2015 - 8th
2014 - 11th
2013 - 14th
2012 - 9th

That’s some painful reading f you’re a Dragons fan

fugg em though

They’d be laughing if it was us

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Not here to gloat cos things could turn very quickly however…..

No sympathy from me. Arrogant fans who never came out to bat for us when we were in our hardships. That club at the moment clearly has an absolutely horrendous culture and that’s evident by the players who don’t want to be there. And now that the major longtime sponsor has pulled out I’d say this is now rock bottom for them. Both literally and figuratively

But the worst thing is that Jack de Belin is still there and captained the side last week. That just says it all

They can get f**ked