What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

O.T How embarrassing are the St.George Illawarra Dragons?

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Spot on.
It comes from the 16 premierships the former club won back before electricity.
My old man was a Saints supporter…until 1967, when he took the common sense approach and switched over.
A lot of his mates refused and hated him for it to this day - that’s where the divide began. He reckons it was the toil of the sharks early on that his passion for the dragons disappeared to ho hum and the drive for the sharks strengthened.
History is a bitch
Haa that’s a shame you didn’t have electricity in the 70’s
Do they still rub two stick’s together in the shire to start a fire haaaa that rhymes

shadowboxer

First Grade
Haa that’s a shame you didn’t have electricity in the 70’s
Do they still rub two stick’s together in the shire to start a fire haaaa that rhymes
My only tip for your club is to sign Flanagan right now. He may have baggage but right now you had better hope they make that decision. I still think they dodged a bullet with Ryles.
Nice gag by the way - I’ve got nothing for once as my mind is going

gregstar

Referee
Sounds like hes having a last little fling , throwing insults just before he jumps ship and heads towards shark land. Carefull puppet - remember you will need someone to pull you up ,once you escape the darkside.
Swings & roundabouts.

Nothing lasts forever.

I wouldn't get too attached to the idea your rancid stench of a club having a long term future.

Building a block of units will mean f*ck all when the NRL board sucks off big media by rationalising the comp.
Do you honestly think teams in Sydney will be safe?

At most there'll be 4 f*cking teams playing out of 3 or 4 stadiums. And we'll all be lucky if we retain a colour let alone a logo.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Yeah maybe Flanagan would be good but to tell you the truth I couldn’t give a shit anymore. The game is rubbish now with all the rule changes, stupid bunker , hopeless refs & touchies, and the worst is all the boofhead ex footballers commentating and thinking they are all genius’s.
Salary cap is bullshit with the TPA’s which in effect is no cap
Too many Sydney based teams even the AFL saw the light with too many Melb based teams and they have a better product and attract huge crowds every week. The NRL get a hard on when 20000 turn up which is hardly ever

Swings & roundabouts.

Nothing lasts forever.

I wouldn't get too attached to the idea your rancid stench of a club having a long term future.

Building a block of units will mean f*ck all when the NRL board sucks off big media by rationalising the comp.
Do you honestly think teams in Sydney will be safe?

At most there'll be 4 f*cking teams playing out of 3 or 4 stadiums. And we'll all be lucky if we retain a colour let alone a logo.
Sure, But Sharks management has more irons in the investment fire than a block of units . Also they will offer a boutique football stadium in the midst of a desirable tourist area of Sydney ( at least ,desirable once the fetid stench of the stains around the area has subsided ) Stains still offering a few Poker machines and Chook raffles and a very much fading benefit from olden day fans in positions of power. Sharks will fill their stadium for normal games and can take bigger ones to bigger stadium (shared with Rabbits ). I think sharks future has more to offer big media than the anachronistic Stains . Anyway keep rowing that Dragonboat . Might get you some Chinese support, but wont keep up with Sharks inboard V8 supercharged Speedboat .

gregstar

Referee
Sure, But Sharks management has more irons in the investment fire than a block of units . Also they will offer a boutique football stadium in the midst of a desirable tourist area of Sydney ( at least ,desirable once the fetid stench of the stains around the area has subsided ) Stains still offering a few Poker machines and Chook raffles and a very much fading benefit from olden day fans in positions of power. Sharks will fill their stadium for normal games and can take bigger ones to bigger stadium (shared with Rabbits ). I think sharks future has more to offer big media than the anachronistic Stains . Anyway keep rowing that Dragonboat . Might get you some Chinese support, but wont keep up with Sharks inboard V8 supercharged Speedboat .
LOL!

Reads like a marketing / shareholder brochure! I'm glad you believe them.
You hang in there Battered. I'm sure big media will find that convincing.

And I didn't get massive biceps by rowing the Dragonboat.
I got them by partaking in the alternative amusement of self-abuse as opposed to watching them play.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Yeah maybe Flanagan would be good but to tell you the truth I couldn’t give a shit anymore. The game is rubbish now with all the rule changes, stupid bunker , hopeless refs & touchies, and the worst is all the boofhead ex footballers commentating and thinking they are all genius’s.
Too many Sydney based teams even the AFL saw the light with too many Melb based teams and they have a better product and attract huge crowds every week. The NRL get a hard on when 20000 turn up which is hardly ever
Oh I almost forgot the biggest dickhead of all the 2 legged goggle eyed blowfish called Gus. I can’t believe he actually gets paid the shit that comes out of his mouth and people actually suck up to him especially the lebanese… wow what a product the nrl has. We enjoyed the best of it years ago but now it’s rubbish

shadowboxer

First Grade
Please stop your are making too much sense.
Your thoughts echo many and I’m only glad that we have probally seen the best of the game in the past.
When your vampire CEO celebrates that gambling makes the game great - what hope do you have.
Take a tip and go out and see the Jets play at Henson on a Saturday - cheap entry, great vibe, decent beer in cans and more green than the eye can see. You will forget about all this crap

LOL!

Reads like a marketing / shareholder brochure! I'm glad you believe them.
You hang in there Battered. I'm sure big media will find that convincing.

And I didn't get massive biceps by rowing the Dragonboat.
I got them by partaking in the alternative amusement of self-abuse as opposed to watching them play.
Dont knock a good Marketing plan .It can do wonders! Just Ask Scommo .

Oh nearly forgot.... Go easy with the self abuse. It might get you a big bicep but is it worth risking your eyesight ?

Last edited:

Quigs

Immortal
Crikey what's going on. Old mate sock puppet Greggie sneaks up the gangplank when no one is looking, well yeah he is half alright but we've got to pull up the sheep arse daggs that appear to of also hitched a ride.

Where is our biosecurity department and who is in charge of it. Feej are you still wearing that hat?

Next thing they will be seeking food vouchers.

gregstar

Referee
Don't worry you dopey old turd.

You'll be dead before big media kills your club which is the NRL's equivalent of a haemorrhoid.

Just try and make it to the end of the season. Surely the village can pump enough drugs into you to keep you breathing till then.

Is euthanasia legal down there yet? Don't rule out any option you decrepit skidmark.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
You sure the games not shit cause the Dragons are headed for the spoon?

Quigs

Immortal
All that last minute blitz by souffs has kept the stinking stains in their rightful position on the ladder I believe.

-61 on the for and against.

Great works stinkers.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Where is ole mate the Cronulla local Souths loving flog who has the comedy stylings calling the Sharks the Shonks….
They are pretty busted at the moment Souths with the glamour man out, but the Dragons had a dig

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Matter of time until the NSW government owned Illawarra Stadium is demolished . I might buy an apartment over the Pacific Ocean when they sell it to developers, what a current waste of real estate

Council owned shytely fenced Kogarah will not get any money.

Meanwhile Shark Park owned by us is being upgraded.

Cannot buy a coach even, what a rabble.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
All that last minute blitz by souffs has kept the stinking stains in their rightful position on the ladder I believe.

-61 on the for and against.

Great works stinkers.
Wow dont they have manners at Cronulla shire? Gutter talking. It’s only a game of footy settle down tiger

Latest posts