What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Observations on Supporters

Eelementary

Post Whore
Frailty said:
Eels - Most annoying supporters (IMO)who think they know the rules very well but actually have no idea, and ALL the referees hate them (which is true because they are tools)

Dragons - Think their side is the sh*t, until they lose then it must be the coaches fault, LOOK AT THE TEAM!

Broncos - I've found them to be laidback and not too worried about things.

Wests Tigers - Although lot of bandwagoners have jumped on, most have been loyal magpie or tiger fans for many years. Very big drinking (wests) and working class team.

Cowboys - Progressively become more prominant, generally good people who like to have a bit of fun.

Storm - Very few, but generally very nice

Sharks - FICKLE! (I'm a sharks fan too). Kimmorley plays well he is great, plays average who should never have been here. Look at Dykes in 2005, plays well he is the good ol' local boy, by the end of the season who is useless.

Manly - Either love the hate tag, or hate it.

Roosters - Mixture of nice people or assholes. Nice people have been fans since 60s 70s... Assholes 2002.

Panthers - Young Girls....

Warriors - To be honest i dont know nor have i met and warriors fans to comment.

Bulldogs - Very few nice fans, most from years ago, others arent fans are just dickheads.

Souths - Woodwork fans.. if they win they will appear.

Canberra - In their early to late 20s

Newcastle - Generally Arrogant

Gee, that's unbiased and based on facts eh!

I know it seems to be true - for some reason, Eels fans seem to rub people the wrong way.

Raider_69

Post Whore
dubby said:
Then maybe you could "support" your club a little better, instead of bitching and whinging about certain factions and personalities within the organisation that you have a problem with. That aint support, thats whinging.

no, its not whinging, its called not accepting mediocrity from the people who get paid well not to f**k up, like i said last time we had this one, your entitled to stick your head in the sand if you like, but frankly i have grown up with the glory years, back when ineptitude was NOT accepted by this club. Because of that i refuse to accept it now...

And dont talk to me about support, i drive up and back from penrith to canberra every chance i get, spending hard earned on tickets, petrol, accommodation for night games, materials for my banners i take, etc, and all i ask for in return is to have the right people for the right jobs to ensure our club moves forward toward a premiership... Matt Elliott and Ronald Furner are simply not the men for the jobs and whilst they are hear we will NOT be contenders.

Originally Posted by Knightmare
Another thing I've noticed is that Raiders fans are big drinkers.

my oath, Mooseheads would have made a motza from the RA mad monday, i did 200 bucks + on my own, let alone the other 15-20 odd of us :lol:

Parra Guru

Coach
Eelementary said:
Gee, that's unbiased and based on facts eh!

I know it seems to be true - for some reason, Eels fans seem to rub people the wrong way.

:lol: I think it's because we seem to know the rules, while no one else does. It's a jealousy thing :lol:

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Smartman said:
Dragons fans in general think their team is the best thing since sliced bread

I would imagine that would be a trait of supporters of ANY team. Do you not think the Dogs are the "best thing since sliced bread"?

tiger_nick

Bench
Dragon_psa said:
I would imagine that would be a trait of supporters of ANY team.

True, however most Dragons fans seem to find it impossible to fathom that another team beat them through being better.

Raider Azz

Bench
Raider_69 said:
my oath, Mooseheads would have made a motza from the RA mad monday, i did 200 bucks + on my own, let alone the other 15-20 odd of us :lol:
but i probably evened it up with all the glasses i broke ;-)

paulp

Juniors
ozzie said:
CRAP -have you looked at the crowd stATS. Roosters draw big crowds are you saying they are all home team supporters?? Not bad for a club that averages over 16000 at home and away matches

Thats the official crowd figures... ever wonder why they don't pn out to the big wide shots of the roosters crowds...........

sharkadelic

Juniors
Originally Posted by Knightmare
Another thing I've noticed is that Raiders fans are big drinkers.

simon says said:
I reckon Tiger and Sharks are right up there in that department.

We have a good reason for that...

Warriors (At Christchurch at least) are angry people who abuse you if you are winning (24 - 0 at halftime in '04) or whether it is close (12-6? at halftime in '05) and have serious issues with themselves.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Frailty said:
Eels - Most annoying supporters (IMO)who think they know the rules very well but actually have no idea, and ALL the referees hate them (which is true because they are tools)

Dragons - Think their side is the sh*t, until they lose then it must be the coaches fault, LOOK AT THE TEAM!

Broncos - I've found them to be laidback and not too worried about things.

Wests Tigers - Although lot of bandwagoners have jumped on, most have been loyal magpie or tiger fans for many years. Very big drinking (wests) and working class team.

Cowboys - Progressively become more prominant, generally good people who like to have a bit of fun.

Storm - Very few, but generally very nice

Sharks - FICKLE! (I'm a sharks fan too). Kimmorley plays well he is great, plays average who should never have been here. Look at Dykes in 2005, plays well he is the good ol' local boy, by the end of the season who is useless.

Manly - Either love the hate tag, or hate it.

Roosters - Mixture of nice people or assholes. Nice people have been fans since 60s 70s... Assholes 2002.

Panthers - Young Girls....

Warriors - To be honest i dont know nor have i met and warriors fans to comment.

Bulldogs - Very few nice fans, most from years ago, others arent fans are just dickheads.

Souths - Woodwork fans.. if they win they will appear.

Canberra - In their early to late 20s

Newcastle - Generally Arrogant
How do you come to that conclusion?? :-k

Passionate - yes, loyal - yes, but "generally arrogant", I find that hard to believe. But then again, you're only a Sharks supporter so i shouldn't worry about you too much, right? ;-)

fatshark

Bench
St George and Bulldogs fans hate the shire.
even though most of their team and officials live there.

Latest posts