What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Observations on Supporters

RABK

Referee
Choppies said:
No No not that group, The one that stands on the Hill near the Crusade.

The battalion is no more, well there is 3 left i think and they sit in the eastern stand.

Crusade will have it's own bay in the eatsern stand next year.....so beware!!!:D

:p

Eelementary

Post Whore
About band-wagon fans...EVERY team has them.

And, as a rule, succesful to unsuccesful (or vice versa) teams will have them in droves.

Case in point: 2001 to 2004 Eels.

IF the Tigers fail miserably this season (Tigers fans, I said IF as a hypothetical, OK? lol) then I'm sure a lot of them band-wagoners will leave in droves.

It's nature.

RABK

Referee
Eelementary said:

And, as a rule, succesful to unsuccesful (or vice versa) teams will have them in droves.

IF the Tigers fail miserably this season (Tigers fans, I said IF as a hypothetical, OK? lol) then I'm sure a lot of them band-wagoners will leave in droves.

It's nature.

Agree to an extent...but our crowd avearge did go up last year form 2004's. :)

Eelementary

Post Whore
Bernster said:
*Roosters fans are nice people (Can't say much for the team though)
*Brisbane Fans are downright arrogant and think that their team own Queensland
*Knights fans are passionate
*Parramatta Souths and West Tigers are the biggest bandwagoners
*Doggies supporters are funny and misunderstood
*Storm supporters are just as funny as Bulldogs supporters

I find this hilarious coming from a club with a mere 10 years' worth of history behind it...

Where were all you Cowboys fans 5 years ago?

Bomber

Bench
Most of us were still there

North Queensland has over eighty years of rugby league history too, I'd let you know

Eelementary

Post Whore
I wasn't having a go at you personally - when I said 'you' I was actually meaning the hundreds of Cowboys fans who have suddenly taken an interest now their team is going well.

I just don't like it when people say the Eels have the biggest bandwagoner fans...Who can tell, really?

Bomber

Bench
No personal offence taken mate, and I hope none the other way.

Rugby league up here didn't start in 1995 though ;-)

Raider_69

Post Whore
greeneyed said:
This is a lot of rubbish.

So is this.

To believe that there are more Raiders fans in Sydney than Canberra is simply delusional. Given that there might be say, two dozen Sydney Raiders fans that come down to Canberra Stadium for home games (and I admire their dedication and passion for the team), where do you guys reckon the other 10-15,000 Raiders fans at the home games come from?

No doubt come from canberra but by the look of our stands half of them are opposition supporters, outside the 2-3k of Mal Stand people and the RA, its seems there arnt many raiders fans... in my limited experience its rare to go to a raiders game and see us heavily out number opposition fans.

Bernster

Juniors
Eelementary said:
I find this hilarious coming from a club with a mere 10 years' worth of history behind it...

Where were all you Cowboys fans 5 years ago?

I have always been at Dairy Farmers Stadium...I have stuck by my boys through thick and thin and put up with a lot of people that were calling them Cowgirls over the years...SO THERE!!!

innsaneink said:
Thank f**k Steve Bells gone to manly....now hopefully that genius at Olympic pk with the bell can shove her bell up her clacker.

I wonder if some Manly supporter at Brookie will take up ringing the bell?

effnic

Bench
Newcastlerabbit said:
I wonder if some Manly supporter at Brookie will take up ringing the bell?
No. If you read my post after his you will see the person would be severly bashed if a bell was heard ringing at brookie.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Eelementary said:

It's nature.
I do agree to some point on the theory about every team having bandwagon fans, however, I dare say the Knights have the least amount of bandwagon fans.

Btw don't worry about ur case in point on the 2001-2004 Eels - Parra fans really are a rare breed, i mean seriously who boos their own team off the park (apart from the Dragons) :p

Parra Guru

Coach
Jobdog said:
I do agree to some point on the theory about every team having bandwagon fans, however, I dare say the Knights have the least amount of bandwagon fans.

Btw don't worry about ur case in point on the 2001-2004 Eels - Parra fans really are a rare breed, i mean seriously who boos their own team off the park (apart from the Dragons) :p

There was a stage (late 90's) where Newcastle had their fare share of bandwagon supporters. Every second person in Sydney apparently 'followed' the Knights.

Please, don't put all Eels fans into the 'booing' basket. Most Eels fans on this forum were as disgusted as anyone else by it.

Choppies

Coach
I remember the Roosters getting booed off a couple of times. Not surprisingly it came from the members area where the people who think the club owes them a dozen premierships a year for their 'loyal' support sit.

Focal Point

Juniors
simon says said:
I cant blame the people of Penrith wanting to supoprt a decent,upwardly mobile team,sounds quite smart to me.

..particularly when some of that team consist of former Panthers such as Elford, Whatuira, Sheens, Simmons, Sattler (2004 - most panther fans seemed dirty over that move).

choc_soldier

Coach
Too right we were filthy over Sattler - we felt he was being shafted in a massive way.

But yes, a number of former Panther players / coaching staff have found a new home at the Tigers.